U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,537,792 times

Advertisements

Looking at centralist movements like in WWII germany;russia and china and others ;I never fear where people are allowed to express their greveiances compared to where people are oppressed. Centralist government don't gripe they eliminate all oppostion and then start to eliminate each other because of fear of each other. Its like two gangs really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 07:54 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,455,409 times
Quote:
If it's fox it's got to be right
Media Matters is a left-wing rag and an arm of the democratic party.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:25 AM

12,568 posts, read 8,710,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Media Matters is a left-wing rag and an arm of the democratic party.
Wasnt Mediamatters created by George Soros?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:01 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,455,409 times
Yes.

Don't you just love how the media and the Left are trying to get this meme to fly?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,227,855 times
I love when the liberals talk about the white wing media when the majority of today's media are so far left. Could it by that such a small majority could be such a threat to them? Talk about David and Goliath!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 AM

1,598 posts, read 2,635,072 times
I seldom watch FOX or listen to AM radio, so I miss most of the outrageous comments. What is just listened to in the linked video is simply appalling. There can be no doubt that what these lunatics, who are currently the loudest voice in the Republican party, are saying is contributing to a dangerous climate that is beginning to spill over into violence.

Case in point, Beck claims that there is going to be a "witch hunt" for Jews and conservatives. He also says "AT SOME POINT, YOU HAVE TO TAKE A GUN, DON'T YA?"
This has nothing to do with politics. It is blatant insanity which clearly condones violent revolt.

Another disgusting example; Neil Boortz, jokes about which SUV can hold 27 illegals and only kill ten of them when it rolls on an Arizona highway.
What the hell? Yet there is continued outrage over Letterman making a joke about Bristol Palin having sex with a baseball player?

When are the more evolved, intelligent Republicans (I know there are some out there) going to make a strong stand against this ridiculous and dangerous hate mongering? These neanderthals are taking over your party and you are idly letting it happen.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:27 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,253,091 times
Do I listen to AM radio or watch Fox news? No.
But do I want them censored? Hell no! The day that the ruling political party silences the minority is the day we are all well on the way to losing all of our rights. It should scare the bejesus out of all of us. Look at how far partisan politics has taken us? Censoring is good as long as it is 'them'. This is the type of thing that makes me fear for our country, not what Limbaugh says.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:37 AM

3,105 posts, read 6,618,396 times
CNN co-founder coming up with all kinds of excuses for continuing downward spiral of CNN - accusations similar to the accusations of the OP.

I instead agree with the author of the article who reported on the CNN co-founders words.........
June 7, 2009
Quote:
........... the combined number of viewers of both of those networks [CNN and MSNBC] still doesn't match that of Fox News. Could it be that the public is sick of the fawning coverage given to the Obama administration by most of the mainstream media and look to Fox News for providing more balanced stories? CNN Co-founder: High Fox News Ratings Caused by Anger | NewsBusters.org
As of May (from last May):
Quote:
Fox had 109,000 more viewers than last year while CNN lost 113,000.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2009/06/07/cnn-co-founder-high-fox-news-ratings-caused-anger
CNN co-founder says:
Quote:
I had thought better of the television audience, particularly younger viewers who tended to watch CNN and MSNBC. But even that's gone now--Fox leads in 18-49 year-olds. CNN Co-founder: High Fox News Ratings Caused by Anger | NewsBusters.org
Read the entire article at http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2009/06/07/cnn-co-founder-high-fox-news-ratings-caused-anger

Before anyone gets in a tizzy and says "But this was on newsbusters so it must be a lie" - the original article was posted on Huffington Post - it was written and posted there by Schonfeld himself. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/reese-schonfeld/confessing-error-some-peo_b_211018.html

Old 06-13-2009, 10:50 AM

1,598 posts, read 2,635,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Do I listen to AM radio or watch Fox news? No.
But do I want them censored? Hell no! The day that the ruling political party silences the minority is the day we are all well on the way to losing all of our rights. It should scare the bejesus out of all of us. Look at how far partisan politics has taken us? Censoring is good as long as it is 'them'. This is the type of thing that makes me fear for our country, not what Limbaugh says.
I'm not talking about censorship. I'm talking about sane Republicans speaking out against this uneducated hate-filled drivel that is being spewed on FOX and conservative radio daily. The void of intellectual discussion and ideas from Republicans is undeniable. If the only voices heard from the right are these juvenile shock jocks, then they truly are determining the message of the Republican party.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:36 PM

16,885 posts, read 12,968,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
As Media Matters for America documented, the DHS report was immediately and vehemently rejected by numerous conservative commentators, such as Lou Dobbs, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, and David Asman, who portrayed it as an illegitimate and politically motivated assault on conservatives.Right-wing media and the fringe: A growing history of violence (and denial) | Media Matters for America

sounds like the same sort of denial that liberals had when GWB was in office too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies