U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:27 AM

12,591 posts, read 8,718,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not putting my political party over a joke. I just think it's much ado about nothing.
This from someone who railed for 3 days on someone who criticized Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 AM

4,089 posts, read 4,703,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Such real anger over the internets about this Palin thingy.

Is it really surprising a group of idiots have picked another idiot to hold up as their leader and cry foul when anybody cracks a joke?
I am not a Palin fan, and would not vote for her. Regardless, the joke was inappropriate and disgusting. The fact that you do not see what was wrong with the comments are more disturbing to me than the actual joke.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,926,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Really? In that some how this is Palin fault for Letterman making a joke about rape of her 14 year old daughter. You would think you could come out and say it's disgusting but you wont. Sad very sad.
No, his jokes are not her responsibility. He said what he said. She's chosen to make a big production out of it.

And I don't think he was joking about the 14-year-old. He was joking about the 18-year-old, from what I understand. He didn't know it was the 14-year-old who attended the baseball game.

My god, this is stupid, but at the same time, I'm amused by the face that so many people are hyperventilating over it.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
This from someone who railed for 3 days on someone who criticized Obama?
Not sure what you're referring to.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 AM

4,884 posts, read 1,960,478 times
Quote:
I'm not too sure about that. This has little to do with Democrats, or even Republicans. It's the Palin Family taking advantage of an opportunity to make hay out of a joke that could have been easily ignored. Why doens't she write an opinion piece for a major newspaper or make an appearance on a political news program where she has to make points and counterpoints?

Why would she need to? Even articles in decidedly liberal papers are being shouted down for demonizing Palin on this issue. Like I said in another thread, people are beginning to connect-the-dots.

The "hay" Palin is making will not win her the White House - But it will expose the fascist elements of the Left for what they truly are.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
it was a joke that most politicians would ignore
A politician should ignore a joke about thier 14 year old daughter bieng raped? HUH???

Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,658,017 times
Quote:
No, his jokes are not her responsibility. He said what he said. She's chosen to make a big production out of it.

And I don't think he was joking about the 14-year-old. He thought he was joking about the 18-year-old, from what I understand.

The 18 year wasn't in New York, so your attempt to defend the rape joke fail once again.

How sad I never thought I would have to say some one was defending a rape joke. Show we really do have sick pathetic people in the country.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 AM

21,301 posts, read 14,226,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Have to ask, did you hear his "apology"? Hint: it wasn't an apology, it was an excuse and another bit. Of course the hard left (you) will only hear what you want to hear.

Iheard him apologize FOR WHAT HE SAID, not what you interpreted him to say

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:

And I don't think he was joking about the 14-year-old. He was joking about the 18-year-old, from what I understand. He didn't know it was the 14-year-old who attended the baseball game.

My god, this is stupid, but at the same time, I'm amused by the face that so many people are hyperventilating over it.
soo..its perfectly ok (in your mind) that joking about Palins 18 year old daughted getting raped?

Old 06-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Why would she need to?
It would make a lot of people take her more seriously if she could get through a serious interview or debate with someone other than Sean Hannity.

Quote:
Even articles in decidedly liberal papers are being shouted down for demonizing Palin on this issue. Like I said in another thread, people are beginning to connect-the-dots.

The "hay" Palin is making will not win her the White House - But it will expose the fascist elements of the Left for what they truly are.
I just don't see it. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies