Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay well here goes . Am I the only one thinking that maybe Obama and Michelle should forget the date night thing and stay their butts home when the rest of the country is having to watch every penny they spend and especially those of us that are unemployed . This burns my butt to no end and then he has the nerve to get on the tv and say that we are facing the greatest economic challenge ever ? Give me a break if you think that then maybe he and his wife should stay home . What say the rest of you ?
Don't you know that they think they are special? It is sickening if you ask me. I have no problem with the fact they would like some alone time, but he shouldn't have run for the job if he doesn't want to do it. We sure would have been better off if he wouldn't have run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:28 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
Yeah, she also indicated her buns were burning. I know what I would do if buns were on fire, I'd put them out.
Which is what you suggested she do.

I thought it to be a very direct and practical solution to the problem as stated.

If it is a chemical fire different steps may need to be taken, but for most burning asses, a pass through the tub is not only appropo but sufficient.

Kudos for your excellent and timely suggeston.

I wonder if she has any more problems? I bet we could come up with all sorts of solutions if we teamed up.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Don't you know that they think they are special? It is sickening if you ask me. I have no problem with the fact they would like some alone time, but he shouldn't have run for the job if he doesn't want to do it. We sure would have been better off if he wouldn't have run.
There we go! I knew eventually someone would come along and give the correct answer. I've said it before and I'll say it again; if you can afford to go out - then go. Sitting home staring at the wall will neither enhance the quality of your life or benefit the economy.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:33 PM

156 posts, read 133,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Which is what you suggested she do.

I thought it to be a very direct and practical solution to the problem as stated.

If it is a chemical fire different steps may need to be taken, but for most burning asses, a pass through the tub is not only appropo but sufficient.

Kudos for your excellent and timely suggeston.

I wonder if she has any more problems? I bet we could come up with all sorts of solutions if we teamed up.
Oh, I'm almost sure we could probably fix most any problem, when I used to wrok on cars, customers and friends called me dr. bob, what's your area of expertise? oh, I'm good at putting buns out.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I responded to the OP.

The complaint was about Obama going on a date when she was unemployed and couldn't afford to do so.

If she gets a job, she can go out again. I was trying to help.

Did she think the Obamas were going to take her along with them because they felt sorry for her? I don't understand your problem with my answer.
Ditto. We have a solution for her not being able to afford a date night.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:34 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Because your post seems to try and split from the OP. It's like the title of the thread say the date night not about unemployment and how the GOP says one thing and the Dems say something else.

I am delighted they went on a date.

It had to have rested him and improved his performance when he got back to work. It absolutely improved the microeconomy of the areas they visited. Tourist traffic in the area is through the roof according to friends of mine in Philly who just went up to NYC last weekend and are familiar with the area. If there are any locals on this board they can confirm or deny the reports I heard.

I hope they don't wait so long to go on the next date, since it is a boost to the economy, and I hope the phonelady gets a job and a reservation at a table next to them if that's what she really wants.

Everybody happy now?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Problem with this is when my husband and I go out we are paying for our date when Obama goes out I'm paying for his date also. The difference is mine doesnt cost me as much as his does

Who here goes to another state for a date and ask someone else to pay for it?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:13 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Problem with this is when my husband and I go out we are paying for our date when Obama goes out I'm paying for his date also. The difference is mine doesnt cost me as much as his does

Who here goes to another state for a date and ask someone else to pay for it?
just how much of his date do you personally pay for? we pay for every president no matter who they are or where they go. I don't have kids in school any more should I be mad I still pay tax for schools I don't use? just because people don't like the pres. doesn't mean he shouldn't leave the white house or a ten mile radius. get a grip and worry about something important

Old 06-13-2009, 03:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
If this complaint is an example of right-wing thinking, I hope they keep it up. It makes them look looney and it makes some of us laugh out loud.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If this complaint is an example of right-wing thinking, I hope they keep it up. It makes them look looney and it makes some of us laugh out loud.
I have to spread the rep around, but . . . too true! Some people just don't understand that the Obamas are paying their own way, just like the Bushes did when they went down to Crawford. This is a one of a kind job, my friends. The rules are a little different. Whoever you and your husband work for are actually paying for your dates, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies