U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Media, PA
71 posts, read 165,757 times
Reputation: 65

Advertisements

President Obama giving our hard earned tax dollars away:

Obama Pledges $73 Million to Zimbabwe | 44 | washingtonpost.com

meanwhile:

Living Zimbabwe: White Farmers, You Are Not Welcome in Zimbabwe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,522,987 times
Reputation: 9363
Obama isnt the first, and he definately wont be the last. All of it adds to the national debt that we need to pay for..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 10:42 AM
 
6,745 posts, read 8,297,695 times
Reputation: 1846
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG View Post
The US provided over $100 million 2007 and $183 million in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,778 posts, read 8,810,819 times
Reputation: 6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
The US provided over $100 million 2007 and $183 million in 2008.
That was before Nobama destroyed our economy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Reputation: 27566
That money will go right into the pocket of their leader.

I just love how they send all this money to 3rd world dictatorship countries and think it's doing the people some good.

Don't send money..send rice/beans and flour and see how that's received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 11:14 AM
 
6,745 posts, read 8,297,695 times
Reputation: 1846
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That money will go right into the pocket of their leader.

I just love how they send all this money to 3rd world dictatorship countries and think it's doing the people some good.

Don't send money..send rice/beans and flour and see how that's received.
VOA News - President Obama Praises Zimbabwe's Tsvangirai, Pledges $73 Million Aid (http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/Zimbabwe/2009-06-12-voa37.cfm - broken link)
A senate resolution passed on Tuesday said U.S. aid should be expanded in such a way as to channel resources to the non-governmental sector to pay the salaries of qualified people working in education, health care, water supply and sanitation in Zimbabwe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Reputation: 27566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
VOA News - President Obama Praises Zimbabwe's Tsvangirai, Pledges $73 Million Aid (http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/Zimbabwe/2009-06-12-voa37.cfm - broken link)
A senate resolution passed on Tuesday said U.S. aid should be expanded in such a way as to channel resources to the non-governmental sector to pay the salaries of qualified people working in education, health care, water supply and sanitation in Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe is not run like the US. You just don't send a check to the head of education and let him cash it. Especially a check from another country.

The US does not get to determine who gets paid for what in another country.
They can request it but that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 AM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,211,747 times
Reputation: 668
africa is the most wothless place. jesus. why we give them a dime is beyond me. what have they given us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 11:36 AM
 
Location: NYC
471 posts, read 875,596 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
africa is the most wothless place. jesus. why we give them a dime is beyond me. what have they given us?
What do you propose we do? Let them die?
Why is Africa worthless?
Since you mentioned Jesus, are you christian? What would Jesus do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,211,747 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
What do you propose we do? Let them die?
Why is Africa worthless?
Since you mentioned Jesus, are you religious? What would Jesus do?

yes, we should let them die. I am not religious. africa is worthless because they produce nothing. they only take. those who take without giving are worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:51 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top