Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times

Advertisements

You gotta admit that SC Republicans are special. Last week's statement by a GOP operative that an escaped gorilla from the zoo was 'one of Michelle's ancestors' is only one example of their low humor.

The president is gonna tax aspirins because they are white and they work? Hee Hee! That one will be on Rush next.

SC Republicans And Race :: FITSNews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:08 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
South Carolina is one of the least enlightened, most uneducated states in this country. Lindsay Graham is the perfect example, I think he is gay and sure sounds like it, gay hillbillies are indeed amusing.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
South Carolina is one of the least enlightened, most uneducated states in this country. Lindsay Graham is the perfect example, I think he is gay and sure sounds like it, gay hillbillies are indeed amusing.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You gotta admit that SC Republicans are special. Last week's statement by a GOP operative that an escaped gorilla from the zoo was 'one of Michelle's ancestors' is only one example of their low humor.

The president is gonna tax aspirins because they are white and they work? Hee Hee! That one will be on Rush next.

It's also an example of why the GOP is destined to be nothing more than a regional political power for another generation...

Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:

hmm I didn't know apes were Princeton Law scholars like Michelle and the First lady of the Unites States whereas this guy made it by becoming a Republican activist in South Carolina.
Seriously how difficult could that have been? They have zoos in South Carolina? Uncle hank's backyard full of pigs, cows & dogs doesn't count!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
hmm I didn't know apes were Princeton Law scholars like Michelle and the First lady of the Unites States whereas this guy made it by becoming a Republican activist in South Carolina.
Seriously how difficult could that have been? They have zoos in South Carolina? Uncle hank's backyard full of pigs, cows & dogs doesn't count!
That's where most of them had their first love affair tho' I'd say.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:37 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
^
Any old port in a storm.

Reminds me of the joke about the three republicans walking along a dirt road near Clemson, when they came upon a sow who had tried to get under a fence and got stuck with her head under the wire. She squealed and wiggled her behind, trying to get loose.

"Boy", thought Karl Rove. " I wish that was Ann Coulter".

"Gosh", thought Lindsay Graham. "If only that was Michelle Malkin".

"Damn!" said Mark Sanford to himself. "I sure wish it was dark!"

Old 06-14-2009, 12:37 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Lindsay Graham is the perfect example, I think he is gay and sure sounds like it, gay hillbillies are indeed amusing.
Wow! Great job at stereotyping. Were you one of those bullies in school that picked on kids that were different (you know, the ones that cause kids to commit suicide)?

Old 06-14-2009, 03:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, aren't Democrats the ones who want evolution taught in school? Aren't they the ones who reject Creation? If that is the case, then why are they upset about a factual statement? Michelle, you, me, every human has primate anscestors. The GOP finally agrees to your stance on evolution and you beat them up! Go figure!

Old 06-14-2009, 04:27 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
If I'm not mistaken, aren't Democrats the ones who want evolution taught in school? Aren't they the ones who reject Creation? If that is the case, then why are they upset about a factual statement? Michelle, you, me, every human has primate anscestors. The GOP finally agrees to your stance on evolution and you beat them up! Go figure!
That's why the guy is apologizing now, because he was talking about evolution. Sure.

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A former chairman of the South Carolina Election Commission has apologized after his posting on Facebook suggested a gorilla that escaped form a Columbia zoo was an ancestor of first lady Michelle Obama.

Minutes after the gorilla’s escape was reported Friday, Rusty DePass posted: "I’m sure it’s just one of Michelle’s ancestors — probably harmless."

The comment has since been deleted, but DePass confirmed to WIS-TV that he made it, apologizing and saying it was a joke about statements Obama has made about evolution. DePass is a former chairman of the Richland County Republican Party. He didn’t respond to a phone message Saturday from The Associated Press.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/2009_06_14_South_Carolina_pol:_Sorry_for_comparing _Michelle_Obama_to_gorilla/ (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies