Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:12 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,467 times

Advertisements

You never hear of Muslims who live in majority Christian countries getting raped and murdered for refusing to convert to Christianity.

I wonder why that is ?

I would rather be a Muslim living in Nebraska or Utah than be a Christian living in Iran or Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 05:13 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Isn't Pakistan the country with a muslim dictator that is friends with George Bush?

Old 06-13-2009, 05:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
this is not unique to pakistan. islam is not an option its an obligation.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:18 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Isn't Pakistan the country with a muslim dictator that is friends with George Bush?
no

Old 06-13-2009, 05:20 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,501,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
You never hear of Muslims who live in majority Christian countries getting raped and murdered for refusing to convert to Christianity.

I wonder why that is ?

I would rather be a Muslim living in Nebraska or Utah than be a Christian living in Iran or Pakistan.
That's because unlike Iran or Pakistan, you have both the freedom of religion and the freedom from religion in the US.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:56 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
That's because unlike Iran or Pakistan, you have both the freedom of religion and the freedom from religion in the US.
not exactly you have the freedom of religion when you get married for example but when it comes to divorce its all gov. kiss your religion goodbye. seperation of church and state when we say so peasant.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:21 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Really? We have freedom of religion here? Then why is it that I watch others who do not believe in Christmas take that day away from me? Why is it forbidden to even mention the word Christmas or St. Patricks day in our schools anymore? Many radio stations here are forbidden to even mention the words GOD or Jesus. Why is it that I watch others who do not believe in prayer or the same prayer as me take it out of my schools, my media and my sports? Why do I have to watch as others fight with all their might to have the words "In God we trust" taken off of my dollar bills? Why do I have to watch as people in a United States Court house swear on a Koran rather then a Bible? Ya hear that Minnesota?

Hell.....this group has even succeeded in having any mention of the holocaust removed from all school books in the United Kingdom.

Freedom of speech? Where? If you think we have freedom of speech in America then I will tell you to ask Miss California, ask Cindy Sheehan, ask The Dixey Chicks, go ahead and call me a bad word right here and see what happens to you.

You are right...for now we can choose a religion of our choice here. We just can not tell anyone about it. Over there you have no choice. You either practice their religion or have your head cut off. But this incident I see as a sign of the times to come right here in the USA. Maybe even in our lifetime.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Really? We have freedom of religion here? Then why is it that I watch others who do not believe in Christmas take that day away from me? Why is it forbidden to even mention the word Christmas or St. Patricks day in our schools anymore? Many radio stations here are forbidden to even mention the words GOD or Jesus. Why is it that I watch others who do not believe in prayer or the same prayer as me take it out of my schools, my media and my sports? Why do I have to watch as others fight with all their might to have the words "In God we trust" taken off of my dollar bills? Why do I have to watch as people in a United States Court house swear on a Koran rather then a Bible? Ya hear that Minnesota?

Hell.....this group has even succeeded in having any mention of the holocaust removed from all school books in the United Kingdom.

Freedom of speech? Where? If you think we have freedom of speech in America then I will tell you to ask Miss California, ask Cindy Sheehan, ask The Dixey Chicks, go ahead and call me a bad word right here and see what happens to you.

You are right...for now we can choose a religion of our choice here. We just can not tell anyone about it. Over there you have no choice. You either practice their religion or have your head cut off. But this incident I see as a sign of the times to come right here in the USA. Maybe even in our lifetime.
Oh oh. Now you've done it. Wait.......Listen......Is that someone knocking at your door? You'd better go see who it is. THEY have come for you...

Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh oh. Now you've done it. Wait.......Listen......Is that someone knocking at your door? You'd better go see who it is. THEY have come for you...

Oh ohhh.....you mean the commies? The joke is on you (and I) they are already wiretapping our phones and monitering our emails. And you can bet they are watching our posts looking for anti government citizens.

And dont be so happy to be giving up your rights and freedoms. Like we have a choice huh.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:47 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post

I wonder why that is ?

That isn't to say Muslims living in Christian countries are not harassed.
One of my best friends is a Muslim and he is harassed quite a bit for being a Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies