U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,624,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Using the FOX NEWS slogan on your program doesn't mean it's accurate. And he's definitely NOT a moderate. Joe Scarborough is a Moderate. O'Reilly is certainly nowhere but the Right.
I like Scarborough - only thing MSNBC is doing correct.

I like O'Reilly -- he is often much more moderate than I would expect him to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,805,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
That's how stupid the Republican party is!

You believe what you see and hear and do not understand why Bill (Not Clinton) Maher is doing this.

So you broadcast this on your station (Fox) because you do not understand that this is a joke. You (Conservatives) need anything negative to go against Obama!!

FOX
"Ah! Bill Maher is talking bad about Obama, Lets put him on our show"!

We still don't have a leader to lead the party. Lets hire Bill Maher to do the job!

WOW!

Your party is dead!!!!!!
WOW! Don't think so, Ding-dong! Hold on for the 2010 elections! Wow! I mean, WOW! It might be a WOW! coming at ya! WOW!@@@!!!!

Bill Maher? WOW!!!! He's aModerator cut: crudeidiot, now isn't he?

Is Maher the leader of the Democrat party?

WOW?!!! THAT IS A BIG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-15-2009 at 06:16 PM..

Old 06-15-2009, 06:12 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,266,751 times
Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
WOW! Don't think so, Ding-dong! Hold on for the 2010 elections! Wow! I mean, WOW! It might be a WOW! coming at ya! WOW!@@@!!!!

Bill Maher? WOW!!!! He's a fugly idiot, now isn't he?

Is Maher the leader of the Democrat party?

WOW?!!! THAT IS A BIG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO. ROFLMAO....WTF...HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHA!!

Your Idiotic Party thought he (Bill Maher) was going out on Obama!

Am I right or wrong? Double Wow! Ha Ha LMAO!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,815,326 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2L1aQy-io

Old 06-16-2009, 02:18 AM

2,105 posts, read 1,189,608 times
It never ceases to amaze me how some righties constantly deny the validity of anything hollywood types say until it's something that fits into their agenda.

Vultures.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,557,204 times
I think it's hilarious how the tightie righties cry and moan about Obama being a celebrity, when they have several in their own corner ... Palin & Limbaugh being the king and queen of wingnut celebrity. The court jester being Dennis Miller.

Maher is a libertarian, btw.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,849,780 times
I'm not sure what he believes today, but I remember from his Politically Incorrect days, he seemed to identify a lot with the Libertarian party, and, believe it or not, I even can even remember him implying belief in some sort of higher power a few times on his old show.

He seems to have changed a bit since then. Nothing wrong with that.

I can understand why he said what he did, and I can't say I totally blame him for saying it. In many ways, I agree with what was said, but I do still have more of a wait-and-see attitude towards our president.

If within the next 3 1/2 years things are still bad and he's done nothing or too little to solve our health care problem, it'll be time to vote third party....at least for me. I sure as hell won't be jumping to the GOP side, that's for sure.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 AM

2,518 posts, read 1,923,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Oh. So you and ***** Maher agree that Barry is an attention ho?

But, it's nice to have a half white guy in the white house that is too cool for school!
What does his race have to do with this?

And what did you possibly bring to this discussion?

Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Obama may read well from a prompter, but his policies are disastrous. He's basically following California, New Jersey, NY and other solid blue states into oblivion. I'd take a President who says 'nucular' and doesn't raise taxes and nationalize Healthcare over one who says nuclear while raising taxes, nationalizing Healthcare, taking over the Autos and generating massive deficits. Bad as W was on spending, Obama's 1st budget deficit is 4 times larger than W's largest deficit. Not only that, but unemployment is much higher now than it ever was under Bush (and it's nowhere near reaching a peak). Obama's policies are making things much worse.
Unemployment rose because of Bush's policies.

I'm not a supporter of Obama's policies, but you cannot blame this economic crisis on him. Bush took office with a 3.9% unemployment rate and nearly doubled it before he was done. Say what you will about Obama's policy choices (it's dumb to bail out a bank when the consumers are still drowning in debt) but you cannot blame this economic crisis on anyone but George W. Bush and the rest of the Neo-Con wing of the GOP (because the true fiscal conservatives are not NeoCon).

Old 06-16-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how some righties constantly deny the validity of anything hollywood types say until it's something that fits into their agenda.

Vultures.
You lose all credibility when you say "He's just a celebrity, his opinion doesn't matter" right before or after saying something about Beck, Hannnity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Chuck Norris or some celebrity preacher's wonderful opinion. I'll stick to guys like Chuck Hagel, Ron Paul and other voices of reason in the GOP and not those drug addicts, religious wack-jobs and college drop-outs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies