U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 AM

19,216 posts, read 12,941,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudynm View Post
That is true, but, we cannot help it we were lied to, did you forget that?
Any contract whose basis is fraud is null and void.

Ask Newt about his "contract with America".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
To vote on something that you do not understand because you didn't read it makes the vote invalid.

Sorta like signing a contract you didn't read - or like when a minor enters into a commercial contract - the contract is null and void.
Again your wrong. It does not make the vote invalid, (not even a minor signing a contract is "null and void").

An adult signing a contract they didnt read makes them stupid, the contract is valid, ask everyone who signed ARMs to buy homes.

A minor signing a contract, makes the contract binding upon the adult, the minor has a legal out. Again, the contract is not void. It only becomes void if the minor wants to walk away from their obligation.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,796,172 times
Quote:
I don't suppose any of you right wingers recall the iraq war was supposed to be funded with iraqi oil, talk about spending, please clean up your own back yards first, that's why republicans lost the last election, 8 years of lies and deceit. and, that is the liberal truth.
I'd be interested in hearing just where in the hell you came up with this philosophy?

I highly doubt you can come up with anything to back up this Moderator cut: rudeclaim.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-16-2009 at 08:05 AM..

Old 06-15-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
you are comparing 2 sets of un-intelligence, 1. iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. 2. bush was given intelligence from the clinton admin. about the planes, and did nothing. just to keep things str8 with you, another fox news junkie. why do you guys listen to such trash? you know it's all a bunch of lies. don't you want the truth?
No - few want the truth.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Again your wrong. It does not make the vote invalid, (not even a minor signing a contract is "null and void").

An adult signing a contract they didnt read makes them stupid, the contract is valid, ask everyone who signed ARMs to buy homes.
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
Gray's Law

Intentional incompetence is merely an insidious form of fraud and abetting.

Kinda like looking the other way while a crime is going down.

Quote:
A minor signing a contract, makes the contract binding upon the adult, the minor has a legal out. Again, the contract is not void. It only becomes void if the minor wants to walk away from their obligation.
Your point?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
For a contract to be valid there has to be a meeting of the minds. That meeting comprises both parties' understanding of the words of the written contract.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
You mean liberal truths like spending on global warming and the 9/11 conspiracy that Bush orchestrated the blowing up of the WTC in order to invade a country?
. . . in order to threaten the Saudis to continue accepting only dollars for petrol.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post

It's against the law in this country, according to the Constitution, to bankrupt us. Which is exactly what the Congress and the President are doing.
It's against the law in this country, according to the Constitution, to INTENTIONALLY bankrupt us, which is exactly what the Congress and the President are doing.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
For a contract to be valid there has to be a meeting of the minds. That meeting comprises both parties' understanding of the words of the written contract.
Um, a budget bill is not a contract, and you need to prove that there wasnt a meeting of the minds in order to undo a contract. Failure to read a contract isnt a valid defense for failing the "meeting the minds". Both parties entered into a contract and mis-understood their obligations, usually due to wording of a contract. You again, need to prove that wording of a contract was "confusing".

Children can enter into a contract and force that contract to proceed. I've done it, I bought my first home at 17. The seller could not back out, I could though at the time being a minor..

Moderator cut: RUDE

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-16-2009 at 08:03 AM..

Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 AM

156 posts, read 104,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd be interested in hearing just where in the hell you came up with this philosophy?

I highly doubt you can come up with anything to back up this idiotic claim.
here are some links: U.S. Considers Using Iraq's Oil to Pay for Occupation

Dailymotion - OIL FACTOR: BEHIND THE WAR ON TERROR 3 OF 6 - a News & Politics video

I'm sure many Americans recall the bush / rumsfeld news conference when they were asked how the iraq war would be funded, and bush conferring with rumsfeld said with iraqi oil, (saying iraq had so many bilions of barrells of oil) maybe you missed that news conference, but many people did not, and, I was one who didn't.

BTW, it's not my philosophy, it is fact. believe what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or