Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post

My my, that's a mighty purdy chart ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 05:49 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Obama's Spending Poses Political Risk

*snicker ... and all of the Dems are soooo afraid ..

Old 06-14-2009, 07:10 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
when i look at the chart, i see that it was bad under bush but, not surprisingly, worse under obama. it looks like our economy is still going in the wrong direction......
I hope you were never using the Congressional Budget Office to support any of your wild economic theories. That was that chart was based on.

You seem to think that facts can be negotiated.
Some things are not a matter of opinion.

Actually, I'm sorry - you are reading the chart wrong.
Here it is again.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...t-graphic.html

Bush policies are the largest single item in the 1.2 trillion deficit illustrated by the chart.
Obama policies come in at under 200 billion contribution to the deficit.

Last edited by compJockey; 06-14-2009 at 07:45 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
I hope you were never using the Congressional Budget Office to support any of your wild economic theories. That was that chart was based on.

You seem to think that facts can be negotiated.
Some things are not a matter of opinion.

Actually, I'm sorry - you are reading the chart wrong.
Here it is again.
How Trillion-Dollar Deficits Were Created - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

Bush policies are the largest single item in the 1.2 trillion deficit illustrated by the chart.
Obama policies come in at under 200 billion contribution to the deficit.
here is the debt:
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2008

here is a table of all of the public debt in pie charts, graphs, etc. for may 2009:
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...ctrpt_0905.pdf

those are the treasury's latest facts and it isn't pretty........

Old 06-14-2009, 08:38 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is the debt:
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2008

here is a table of all of the public debt in pie charts, graphs, etc. for may 2009:
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...ctrpt_0905.pdf
The link I posted shows how that happened.
For all those "obama spending" zombies out there.

Turns out my estimate was wrong when I said the stimulus was around 20% of the increase in the deficit. 7% in fact.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The public doesn't actually understand much of anything at all. The neocon approach is to lie to them and hope that they will go along out of hatred and fear. The liberal approach is to tell them the truth and hope that they will go along out of confidence and trust. We've already seen what the liars deliver...

Like he told you the truth about his prioites aft6er stabilzing the banks that Bush satrted. Where has his plan comig soon for the housing crisis gone which was priority #2. As he committed toi a exact date when he will get all trops out of Iraq;no. Wouldn't evenb committ to 12 months on top of his first six months which is what he voted for Bush to do, Where is his comprehensive plan for healthcare;it never existed and he has changed even the basic as that he agrued for in the campaign.Congress passed the stimulus and he just announced changing and ramping up;so what was his plan before that had to be changed?Bascially he had alot of goals as we have seen . The only thing he has done is continue Bush's bailouts of banks;pass a budget that is not funded;shipped on the plan promised long ago to solve the toxic assets said that the time to be seconmd prioity after the banks ;spent billons to save GM and chrysler with no end in sight of more spending;promised healthcare reform with no plan and leaving it to congress.The national debt has tripe at a minimum and liitle to show for it really.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
The link I posted shows how that happened.
For all those "obama spending" zombies out there.

Turns out my estimate was wrong when I said the stimulus was around 20% of the increase in the deficit. 7% in fact.
i am at the treasuries own website. are you saying the treasury figures are incorrect?
the truth is obama's spending is at great political risk because if the economy continues to fail he will be held accountable. you can couple that with the fact that americans will start feeling the pain of excessive monetization of debt in the forms of higher gas prices soon. as the dollar decreases, prices will go up because countries will not take less in value for their goods. all of the people who said how great it would be if the dollar devalued are going to find out how great it is when the dollar is devalued.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
That would include you. But apparently you dont understand much of anything at all.
I have a feeling Sag has been in Washington to long to know reality from the lies..

Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Dems voted on the war too! Did you forget that. Look it up in alot of cases there is even video so you dont have to read just listen.
Dems voted for the war after they and the Media received the White House stimulus package containing anthrax.

Just ask Dick!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
What's really funny is that the last bailout package was 1,100 pages long, and nobody read it. It was passed and signed by the President in less than 24 hours after it was written ...

Both Republicans and Democrats are at fault here ...
To vote on something that you do not understand because you didn't read it makes the vote invalid.

Sorta like signing a contract you didn't read - or like when a minor enters into a commercial contract - the contract is null and void.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies