Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM

134 posts, read 151,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
How much do you really know about "global warming"?
Take the test....and read the answers.

The Global Warming Test
Anybody take the test? Waiting for comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:33 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I'm not claiming that this is proof global warming doesn't exist but, this story on Yahoo the other day was interesting:

Argentine glacier advances despite global warming - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_argentina_glacier - broken link)
One glacier is advancing so it's international news...normally in the past, most glaciers were advancing.

Look at the number of those retreating and those advancing.

On the day of the stock market crashes there are always stocks that hit new highs, but you wouldn't say it was a good day for the stock market just because a handful of stocks did well while all others tanked, right?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
Anybody take the test? Waiting for comments
Caution: This section contains sound science, not media hype, and may therefore contain material not suitable for young people trying to get a good grade in political correctness.

Yeah, this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

I can make a quiz online too.
I can point the questions to make my argument sound correct too.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Caution: This section contains sound science, not media hype, and may therefore contain material not suitable for young people trying to get a good grade in political correctness.

Yeah, this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

I can make a quiz online too.
I can point the questions to make my argument sound correct too.
Let me guess..its all an advertisement to buy carbon credits or Al Gores dumb movie..right?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Let me guess..its all an advertisement to buy carbon credits or Al Gores dumb movie..right?
It's funny how you always talk about Gore's movie.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT.

I NEVER WANTED TO SEE IT.

EVERYTHING HE TALKED ABOUT WAS OLD NEWS TO ME.

Al Gore is the reason for Bush's disaster of a presidency, he was a weakling and was unwilling to do what it took to win in 2000. I don't really respect him that much and have never once used him as a source of information or as someone to make my argument stronger.

You are obsessed with him and you focus on him, but I brought up Margaret Thatcher (who didn't release a film about it), the Kyoto Protocol and other things that happened a decade before Gore's film...

Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
It's funny how you always talk about Gore's movie.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT.

I NEVER WANTED TO SEE IT.

EVERYTHING HE TALKED ABOUT WAS OLD NEWS TO ME.

Al Gore is the reason for Bush's disaster of a presidency, he was a weakling and was unwilling to do what it took to win in 2000. I don't really respect him that much and have never once used him as a source of information or as someone to make my argument stronger.

You are obsessed with him and you focus on him, but I brought up Margaret Thatcher (who didn't release a film about it), the Kyoto Protocol and other things that happened a decade before Gore's film...

Not to disagree, but i think this is the first time I have brought up Al Gore since i started on CD. Maybe a fleeting comment every now and again when someone brings him up...

Old 06-15-2009, 11:55 AM

Shows how well you read. 3 mentions right here in this one thread alone, and that's just because I'm being lazy and don't feel like looking through the thread a little more.
Quote:
Not to disagree, but i think this is the first time I have brought up Al Gore since i started on CD. Maybe a fleeting comment every now and again when someone brings him up...
Quote:
Quote:
So far, June's chill is one for the records - WGN Weather Center Blog

I wonder how much $$$ Al Gore has raked in with this scam?
Sorry, but you're more focused on Gore than I'll ever be. I didn't vote for him in 2000 (Voted for Brown) and I never had any desire to even download his movie.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
Umm, like I said, I learned about Global Warming long before I was told about it by Al Gore.
The GW machine has been building long before "Global Warming" became the main theme. Take for example the link I posted about Ed Krug a respected science in his field who was part of 10 year study on acid rain. His research didn't fit the politics so it was tossed. It's long but interesting read, suggest anyone interested in this subject read if they are interested in seeing how politics gets involved with this going back decades. FYI this happened under the Bush H. watch:

The EPA vs. Ed Krug (http://www.sepp.org/Archive/controv/controversies/epavskrug.html - broken link)

Quote:
Your name is actually "CoalMan" which means you're in the pocket of Coal...
If I was in the pocket of coal I might have picked another name. My name is because my family owned delivery service which I "retired" from in 2006. The only finacial interest I have in coal is my website which focuses on cosumer usage. Any regualtion that drives prices up for other energies will actually be quite beneficial to me, I should be cheering it on.

Quote:
Soot would cover cities in filth and cause people to die of black lung.
Black lung is a miners disease caused by brething coal dust over a very long time a mining enviroment. It has othing to do with burning it.

Quote:
It was obsolete and dated in the late 1970s, how would it suddenly be good again?
While power generation, increased cars, population and many other things have increased since the 70's the real polltuion from these activities has decreased with the introduction of new technology and contiues to decrease. The coal fire plant of the 70's is nothing like a modern plant.

Quote:
We have the technology to develop clean and more effecient energy sources, yet you fight it because of your selfish need for the continuation of the Coal industry?
Never said that at all, the technology is expensive which is the issue. The switch to renewable energy is inevatable. My issue is the way in which it's being done. I don't want my electric bill, cost of living going through and quality of life decreasing.

Last edited by thecoalman; 08-01-2020 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Shows how well you read. 3 mentions right here in this one thread alone, and that's just because I'm being lazy and don't feel like looking through the thread a little more.

Sorry, but you're more focused on Gore than I'll ever be. I didn't vote for him in 2000 (Voted for Brown) and I never had any desire to even download his movie.
I wanst including this thread, since I started it, Creating 1 thread is not really "obsessed". You want obsessed, look up Dukester and his 19 or so threads he started about Sarah Palin..thats obsessed.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:46 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,513,918 times
Global warming does not mean it will be warmer everywhere: some scientists believe that the ultimate effect of Global Warming will be a return to an ice age because the saline ratio in the oceans will drop and this will shut down "the Atlantic Conveyor". That is the older term for our global ocean current, without which much of the Northern Hemisphere will be reglaciated. With or without us we are overdue for another Iceage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies