U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 AM

68,591 posts, read 57,229,522 times
I have an uncle who is getting his care for complicated heart disease through the VA and is very happy with it. In fact, he tried to get my mom, his sister, to do the same as she was a Vet as well. These anecdotes, including mine, prove nothing. A lot in health care depends upon a lot of things that have nothing to do with who is paying for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 11:43 AM

27,209 posts, read 19,919,025 times
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/103xx/doc...eralBudget.pdf

CBO came out with a report yesterday....

Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM

2,312 posts, read 2,989,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Thank you.

If people cannot see what is happening before our eyes then they are not real Americans and do not love our country.

They are following a leader who dupped them into thinking he was the mr. fixit man and he has done nothing but the opposite. Broken promises, lies and scam jobs is what he is all about.

I would love to see at least one Obama follower on this board be honest enough to come out and say the truth about what this man has done so far.

We are going backwards in every category he made promises to fix and they still act like he is fixing the world.

Go ahead let him steal your liberties and freedoms and hack out constitution up to benefit himself.

We will all pay for it in the end all because of some blinded narrow minded people who believed in a slogan that turned out to be one big lie.

It's frustrating to see people defend this idiot Obama in light of the disastrous policies he is promoting. We've already lost 2 million jobs since Inauguration, despite the trillions he has wasted between the stimulus, bank bailout, foreclosure relief, SCHIP and other unnecessary expenses.

You have to keep in mind that Obama only won 52.9% of the vote so you don't need that many of his supporters to see the light. There are always going to be Obama-worshipping mindless drones and those are not the focus. Think of it this way: from my experiences, there are more Obama supporters second guessing themselves than Obama opponents thinking they should have supported him. Nouriel Roubini (who predicted this crisis) thinks things are going to get much worse than they already are an expects unemployment around 11% which would mean an additional 2 millions or so jobs lost. Others may question what you say, but you're 100% right and you know it. Keep up the good work!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM

10,156 posts, read 10,274,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps you could provide a link where Obama says this is a Trojan Horse to single-payer. Why is it, BTW, that all thy neo-cons use the same phrases all the time? I don't listen to Rush, don't watch FOX. Is that what they are saying now, "Trojan Horse"?

ETA:

Who’s Telling the Truth about Health Care? » The Foundry

Obama’s Health Care Trojan Horse » The Foundry

The second link has the You-tube video posted above.
It wouldn't hurt if you listened to Rush or watched FOX. It would give you a more balanced view -- at the very least the opportunity to do some critical thinking. Oh, yes - you might add Glenn Beck to that as well. Digest some of what you hear and then see what you believe.

BTW, do you know what a Trojan Horse is?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Six years ago? Where has he said that since he was elected?
He doesn't have to repeat it. He's busily working toward it, hoping we won't realize what's happening. Just look around, and think.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM

68,591 posts, read 57,229,522 times
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do know what a Trojan Horse is. It's a decoy, basically.

Glenn Beck is beyond the pale. I on very rare occasions watch FOX, probably more often than you watch CNN. I also can't watch videos on my computer, the DSL is too slow.

From your link:

Hacker explains: “Someone once said to me this is a Trojan Horse for single-payer, and I said, well its not a Trojan Horse, right? It’s just right there.”
Note the someone is not named.

My point was that every time one of these talking heads uses a term, the whole company of neo-cons start using it. A while back, many in the neo-con camp were comparing the tea party movememt to Mahatma Ghandi, for example.

BTW, Obama may have said he was in favor of single payer six years ago. He hasn't said that this system is a "Trojan Horse" for single payer.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,785,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There he goes again, demonizing doctors for opposing his plans - just as he did corporate execs, creditors and investors and those who earn a living.

When is someone going to call this thug on the carpet for his divisiveness?
Hmmm...let's see. Obama proposes to slash spending in Medicare and Medicaid. Hey, isn't that the conservative pipe dream? Cut spending in entitlement programs? And you are upset about it?

If the same proposal were given by George W. Bush, I'm sure you'd be grovelling on the carpet in wondrous approval.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do know what a Trojan Horse is. It's a decoy, basically.

BTW, Obama may have said he was in favor of single payer six years ago. He hasn't said that this system is a "Trojan Horse" for single payer.
Obama is too smart to say such a thing. A "Trojan horse" is someone or something intended to defeat or subvert from within usually by deceptive means.

In short, the term "trojan horse" comes from the large hollow wooden horse filled with Greek soldiers and introduced within the walls of Troy by a stealth strategy. The Greeks pretended to give up on the war and left the horse behind. The Trojans were told (and convinced) that the horse was an offering to Athena that would make Troy impregnable. That night warriors emerged from it and opened the city’s gates to the returned Greek army.

By stealth and deception they gained entrance. Obama is a politician of awesome stealth and deception and all his programs should be closely scrutinized and analyzed by both sides. He is not what he appears to be, and does not tell us what his ultimate intentions are. We have to glean those out of the profusion of lovely rhetoric he scatters about.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,785,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Obama is too smart to say such a thing. A "Trojan horse" is someone or something intended to defeat or subvert from within usually by deceptive means.

In short, the term "trojan horse" comes from the large hollow wooden horse filled with Greek soldiers and introduced within the walls of Troy by a stealth strategy. The Greeks pretended to give up on the war and left the horse behind. The Trojans were told (and convinced) that the horse was an offering to Athena that would make Troy impregnable. That night warriors emerged from it and opened the city’s gates to the returned Greek army.

By stealth and deception they gained entrance. Obama is a politician of awesome stealth and deception and all his programs should be closely scrutinized and analyzed by both sides. He is not what he appears to be, and does not tell us what his ultimate intentions are. We have to glean those out of the profusion of lovely rhetoric he scatters about.
And now, explain to us how you know what Obama's real intentions are. Can you read his mind?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM

27,209 posts, read 19,919,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
And now, explain to us how you know what Obama's real intentions are. Can you read his mind?
We can see his actions... Many can't. His words mean nothing as he ends up on both sides and sometimes more if there are more than two sides by what he speaks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies