Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Here is another one.

I tuned in the Rush Limbaugh radio show for about 3 minutes (as long as I could stand it!) in my car yesterday. This is what I heard.

Rush compared the economy of the US with China. Rush said China will be the world's super power as far as economical success. Then Rush goes on to say that Obama is ruining our economy by involving the government.
Odd that Rush would compare our country to the successful economy of China where the government is highly involved.

Last edited by jojajn; 06-16-2009 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can we say - "Taken out of context?"

I don't listen to Rush, but it's very clear that most of these comments have some basis in context. Anyone can pull out a statment from a conversation and turn it into something it's not.
These messages dont need context. They're loud and clear on their own, every one, and they were meant to be.

Quote:
Liberals are the only people that get their panties in a wad over Rush.
Of course! Thank God somebody does!
Quote:
Us logical people just let it go in one ear and out the other.
It would appear that everything affects you that way but this isnt true. You absorb it on some nasty level like giant earthworms absorbing oxygen, through your skin or somehow.

Quote:
Besides, since when is Vanity Fair a news source worthy of consumption?
no wonder you guys dont have anything to read.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Can we say - "Taken out of context?"

I don't listen to Rush, but it's very clear that most of these comments have some basis in context. Anyone can pull out a statment from a conversation and turn it into something it's not.

Liberals are the only people that get their panties in a wad over Rush. Us logical people just let it go in one ear and out the other. But if it makes you happy to be critical of a talking-head on the radio, by all means, have at it.

Besides, since when is Vanity Fair a news source worthy of consumption?
Please give us the correct context for these 10 statements Rush made!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
These messages dont need context. They're loud and clear on their own, every one, and they were meant to be.

Of course! Thank God somebody does!
It would appear that everything affects you that way but this isnt true. You absorb it on some nasty level like giant earthworms absorbing oxygen, through your skin or somehow.

no wonder you guys dont have anything to read.

Take this quote for example:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Now, in your infinite wisdom, tell me what the conversation was about. Every single morsel of context, I want to hear it. Could it possibly be that 12% of any population doesn't amount to much influence on policy?

You won't provide context because you can't. But that part is lost on liberals. Instead of free-thinking, you use quotes to demostrate the absolute depth of a sham mentality. Context means nothing apparently.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 06-16-2009 at 09:24 AM..

Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?â€

Now, in your infinite wisdom, tell me what the conversation was about. Every single morsel of context, I want to hear it. Could it possibly be that 12% of any population doesn't amount to much influence on policy?

You won't provide context because you can't. But that part is lost on liberals. Instead of free-thinking, you use quotes to demostrate the absolute depth of a sham mentality. Stupidly embarrassing if you ask me.
What is the context of this quote?

Quote:
8. To a black caller: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.â€

Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is another one.

I tuned in the Rush Limbaugh radio show for about 3 minutes (as long as I could stand it!) in my car yesterday. This is what I heard.

Rush compared the economy of the US with China. Rush said China will be the world's super power as far as economical success. Then Rush goes on to say that Obama is ruining our economy by involving the government.
Odd that Rush would compare our country to the successful economy of China where the government is highly involved.
Odd that you would ignore the comparison between country A, (China) who invests in their future, and country B, (USA) which spends for our future, and your response was, you couldnt stand listening. Maybe if you stick your head in the sand, the countries problems will disappear..

Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Odd that you would ignore the comparison between country A, (China) who invests in their future, and country B, (USA) which spends for our future, and your response was, you couldnt stand listening. Maybe if you stick your head in the sand, the countries problems will disappear..
Rush's point with this was OUR economy is failing because Obama is allowing too much government involvement. Then Rush uses China, of all countries, as a example of a flourishing economy! Rush's point was GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT!

BTW, China has been "investing" in the future of our economy.

One has to have their "head in the sand" to understand Rush's logic!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Rush's point with this was OUR economy is failing because Obama is allowing too much government involvement. Then Rush uses China, of all countries, as a example of a flourishing economy! Rush's point was GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT!

BTW, China has been "investing" in the future of our economy.

One has to have their "head in the sand" to understand Rush's logic!

Do you understand the difference between spending, and investing?

Our government is insolvent, and no, its not all Obamas fault, he's just helping to push the broken down car off the cliff..

Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Please give us the correct context for these 10 statements Rush made!
That's the point. Until we know the context, some of these points are not worth consuming. I am not a Rush fan by any stretch of the imagination. I have never listened to an entire show. And I, too, agree that many of his opinions are a little over the top. However, until I've heard an entire conversation, I tend to exercise restraint instead of reading 10 quotes taken out of context and proclaiming them to be the gospel.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:

“[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

You won't provide context because you can't. But that part is lost on liberals. Instead of free-thinking, you use quotes to demostrate the absolute depth of a sham mentality. Context means nothing apparently.
Rush only keeps an archive of his vile "shows" for a few weeks, and prudently so.

Lol. Out of 10 quotes you can only find one that doesnt stand alone.
"They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" Of African-Americans, as quoted in "Limbaugh Brings Baggage with his ESPN Blabber" by Derrick Z. Jackson inThe Boston Globe (16 July 2003), and "Colorblind football fans know Rush is wrong" by Richard Roeper in Chicago Sun-Times (1 October 2003)

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1509764.html
Meanwhile, Rush hammers home his racism, or his pandering to your racism (and I think that's more the case with Rush), plenty of times over.
"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray, the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."
To me that's plenty of context.

Last edited by delusianne; 06-16-2009 at 09:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies