Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Reagan or Obama who is/was better
Reagan 109 70.78%
Obama 45 29.22%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:20 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
What??? Reagan pulled us out of a depression...apparently you weren't around for the Carter year.
The economy tanked until december of 1982 maybe your memory is failing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
What??? Reagan pulled us out of a depression...apparently you weren't around for the Carter year.
It wasn't a depression. But it wasn't good. Everybody (the old timers) in my business tells me that retail was better during the Carter years than it is now.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM

220 posts, read 648,879 times
Is this a real question?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoenlacabeza View Post
Is this a real question?
They are locos en la cabeza, and viven en la fantasia.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post

facts
unemployment went down 2.1% under Reagan
unemployment went up 7% under BUSH/republican way of doing things (so far)
fixed.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
not sure but its early for obama. interesting beyond what i imagined i would see in my own lifetime.
the man that created "debt is meaningless" economics, reaganomics-- has given mr obama the job of correcting this false teaching.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times
It's very strange to compare an 8 year chief executive with someone who has been in office for 5 dismal months. Obama still has plenty of time left in his only term to screw up.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:20 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Reagan fiscally conservative???
Well not quite as much as I would have liked. But nearly infinitely more fiscally conservative than Chairman Maobama.

In 1980, Reagan voters wanted him to strengthen America as a world superpower. In direct contrast to this, in 2008 most Obama voters, especially here in California and in the San Francisco Bay Area, voted for Obama precisely because he was regarded as the candidate most likely to reduce America's status as the world's only superpower--more than Hillary Clinton and certainly more than John McCain. Weaken and demoralize our military, pile up more federal debt than all of Obama's 43 predecessors ****put together**** and I'd say the Obammunists are certainly getting their wish!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Well not quite as much as I would have liked. But nearly infinitely more fiscally conservative than Chairman Maobama.

In 1980, Reagan voters wanted him to strengthen America as a world superpower. In direct contrast to this, in 2008 most Obama voters, especially here in California and in the San Francisco Bay Area, voted for Obama precisely because he was regarded as the candidate most likely to reduce America's status as the world's only superpower--more than Hillary Clinton and certainly more than John McCain. Weaken and demoralize our military, pile up more federal debt than all of Obama's 43 predecessors ****put together**** and I'd say the Obammunists are certainly getting their wish!
Funny post so long and factless. That takes real talent and hard work. Reagan piled up more debt than all of his predecessors and so did Bush. I guess you were a Clinton fan since he was the most fiscally conservative? Or are you so naive to think that it was the broken contract with america republicans that were responsible for the fiscal responsibility. You know that same group of republicans that wrote all those bills that returned the era of fiscal irresponsibility and massive defecits as soon as Clinton was gone. Look at the Bush defecits, they were smaller after the communist take over of congress. Guess you have the wrong party if fiscal responsibility is what you're about.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 AM

773 posts, read 1,215,309 times
Personally I don't think it's fair to judge Obama against any president at the moment considering the fact that he has only had the chance to be on the job for 4 months. I think it would be better to ask this at the end of the term. I suspect that on foreign affairs he could turn out to be far better for international relations than Reagan whose record on foreign relations was not spotless, and he was spend happy at the end burdening the country with huge deficits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies