Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So joking about statutory rape is cool now....

You freaks never cease to amaze...
You're the one fantisizing the statutory rape thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
darn that sarah palin - she can't even complain to the left's satisfaction!

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Name calling and deflection. Can we actually get a response to the article provided in the linky?

Is Palin's outrage disingenuous considering the abundance of jokes that came prior in regards to her family/children?

Isn't it hypocritical of a group of people to be up in arms about something they have taken part in themselves?

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No offense SLC...who the hell are you to decide whats a little late? Was your 14 year old daughter smeared on public television? Nope, didnt think so..
So, what you're saying is Letterman saying A Rod knocked up a Palin daughter is far worse than Daddy Palin having sex with his daughters, or a boy friend knocking up a Palin daughter, or John Edwards knocking up a Palin daughter, or Larry King and Levi Johnston have threesome with a Palin daughter, or an entire hockey team having sex with a 6 and 13 y/o Palin daughter?!?

Sick reasoning but if it gets you up in the morning, who am I to discredit your thinking......

Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
darn that sarah palin - she can't even complain to the left's satisfaction!
Did you see the mystery? She let all these other really offensive things go by, but she waits until Letterman to say anything. Even (?) SNL she lets slide. The question the linked article asks is Why.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
I'm going to help the people who are allergic to links.
Quote:
10) Last September, a skit on Saturday Night Live suggested incest in the Palin family. "What about the husband?" asked a mock Times reporter. "You know he's doing those daughters. I mean, come on. It's Alaska!" No outrage. Sarah Palin appeared on the show one month later in late October.
Why no uproar from the Palins? Why no uproar from you? Why did she, in essence, "sanction" this type of trash talk by appearing on their show?
Quote:
(9) Days after the announcement of Bristol's pregnancy, Conan O'Brien joked, "It's true, John McCain's running mate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, has revealed that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Palin said, ‘We should never have introduced her to John Edwards.'"
Quote:
4) On October 8, 2008, Sarah Palin walked out on the ice with 6 year old Piper and 13 year old Willow, Conan O'Brien said, "Saturday night, Sarah Palin is going to drop the first puck at the Philadelphia Flyers' hockey game. Then Palin will spend the rest of the game trying to keep the hockey players out of her daughter's penalty box." Oh, yes he did. You get the outrage…but not a peep then. According to the new "logic", O'Brien was advocating for some sick stuff.
No calls for his firing after either of these obnoxious "jokes"?
Quote:
5) "According to expense reports, Sarah Palin charged the state of Alaska over $21,000 for her children to travel with her on official business. In fairness to Gov. Palin, when she leaves them home alone they get pregnant." – Seth Meyers (SNL) Sarah Palin was in a sketch with Seth a week earlier.
I guess SNL gets a pass because she could use them to promote herself.
Quote:
The Palin children have been fodder for comedians since they were brought to the national stage. Incest isn't funny. Ugly kid jokes aren't funny. Many of the things said about public figures are just flat wrong. Being "knocked up" isn't much fun.

I understand being defensive; just wonder what took so long. Why now?
Yes, why now?

Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Wow five pages of a typical liberal hate fest!

Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
All during an election. Let me remind you that the election is over. Let me also remind you...

Quote:
"I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."
You'll never guess who said that....

Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did you see the mystery? She let all these other really offensive things go by, but she waits until Letterman to say anything. Even (?) SNL she lets slide. The question the linked article asks is Why.
It's been said ten times... ELECTION TIME IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You people are the vultures of the website...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
All during an election. Let me remind you that the election is over. Let me also remind you...

You'll never guess who said that....
Google a picture of David Letterman.

Then one of Barack Obama.

Hint:

They're two different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies