Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:53 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

ABC Senior Vice President Kerry Smith responded, calling McKay's arguments were based on "false premises." Smith said that the health care specials are "devoted to exploring and probing the President's position and giving voice to questions and criticisms of that position," and he dismissed charges that the program would feature a partisan, one-sided message.

ABC Responds To "False" RNC Attack On Planned Health Care Special
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 02:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
LOL What...Ol' Charlie Gibson gonna ask tough questions?

"...giving voice to questions and criticisms of that position" is speakeasy for "giving Obama the opportunity to tell his critics to shove it up their collective asses." Remember it was Obama who said "I won. I will trump you." Obama has no intention to be bipartisan, and ABC has no intention of being a bipartisan messenger.

Does ABC think we're all fools? Apparently so.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
Do not dare question or cross "The One."

Old 06-16-2009, 03:10 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
ABC just decided to make it official and move in with Obama...

You can't call it bias if they admit cheering for the Democrats.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:10 PM

134 posts, read 151,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
LOL What...Ol' Charlie Gibson gonna ask tough questions?

"...giving voice to questions and criticisms of that position" is speakeasy for "giving Obama the opportunity to tell his critics to shove it up their collective asses." Remember it was Obama who said "I won. I will trump you." Obama has no intention to be bipartisan, and ABC has no intention of being a bipartisan messenger.

Does ABC think we're all fools? Apparently so.
Naw, he only asks tough questions to women, especially Sarah Palin. Nobody has any guts to ask the One a tough question from what I have seen, so far.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Is that who bowed to Obama for that other behind the scene at the white house show?

Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
This is great for Health Care Reform... ABC is offering a Platform to beat back the nuts on the Right... The GOP is probably terrified... Big Business would benefit with Health Care Reform more so with at least at the minimun a Public Option.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
This is great for Health Care Reform... ABC is offering a Platform to beat back the nuts on the Right... The GOP is probably terrified... Big Business would benefit with Health Care Reform more so with at least at the minimun a Public Option.
Terrified? Nah. Democrats have no plans to include the GOP in the reformation anyway, and they know that.

Who do I think is terrified? Obama and the Democrats. They seem to be singularly focused on big policy passage before the 2010 elections. This signals to me that it is they who are terrified. They're trying to get something passed before checks and balances jolts them back to reality.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is that who bowed to Obama for that other behind the scene at the white house show?

No that was NBC. ABC ran the propaganda show Earth 2100 at the same time. I felt like I was in Russia circa 1950.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:51 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Who do I think is terrified? Obama and the Democrats. They seem to be singularly focused on big policy passage before the 2010 elections. This signals to me that it is they who are terrified. They're trying to get something passed before checks and balances jolts them back to reality.
Ditto.

They know they have some big losses coming, they even say it's inevitable.

On the bright side, as it is most people doubt that the Democrats have the votes for universal healthcare (the Blue Dogs have been pretty opposed thus far).

In all honesty we should refuse to pay a portion of taxes, so as not to cover other peoples' healthcare if it passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies