Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

There is one group of people in the US, that the Obamacrats still hate more than Republicans. That group is Democrats who do not agree with Obama.

There is fairly sizable group of us who are Democrats, have always voted Democratic and we do not agree with Obama. We see him for the fraud he is and we see the downward direction he is taking the country. Other Democrats absolutely HATE us because we will not tow the party line.

I received hate e-mails and threats (even here on C-D) for not towing the party line. I have been threatened, told to get in line with Obama's policies, mocked, made fun of, etc, etc all by OTHER DEMOCRATS!

Sadly, the Democratic party has been highjacked. The current brand of Obamacrats are not true Democrats. True Democrats believe in and fight for freedom of speech. True Democrats are inclusive and welcoming of all (even white men....gasp!). True Democrats believe each person can be who they are....whatever that may be....even Republican. Believe it or not, true Democrats are logical and clear thinking, with much more heart and sensitivity than Republicans.

To receive hate e-mails and hatefull comments is bad, but to receive them from within your own party is simply disgusting. To have a president of your own party that wants to squash any freedom of speech against his policies is simply wrong.

Other true Democrats out there, speak up! Don't let Obama and the Obamacrats make a mockery of a once great party!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 05:50 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
The chaos in the Democrat party was inevitable. The anti-war and pro-gay marriage groups are being stabbed in the back, being told "to just be patient" and "we're the lesser of the two evils". Ooops, too late!

It will be just as disorderly as the Republican chaos, perhaps more so because of the threats you have experienced. I don't doubt there would be some who would be so vicious to preserve party unity as to make outright threats, terminations, etc.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:56 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
So true. The other day, one of the college girls I worked with was shocked to hear me say that I didn't vote for Obama. She asked me if I was a Republican, and I said that no I wasn't one. I pointed out that in the primaries, I voted for Hillary over Obama which also shocked her. As to how he is doing so far, I said that I didn't approve of the stimulus bill and getting the US into so much more debt. She thinks we needed the stimulus bill, even though she wasn't able to point out the current benefits of it. But she said that Obama needed to do something about the recession.

And I also mentioned to her that I didn't care for the nasty attitude of the Obama supporters during the campaign towards his opponents and their supporters.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
and "we're the lesser of the two evils".
There in lies one of the major rubs. We used to be known as a great party! To now be the lesser of two evils, means we are evil, just less so. When I see Obamacrats on this board compare Obama's poor decisions and failing policies to George Bush and using Bush as an excuse, I simply cringe. Bush was a failed president. Again, the lesser of two evils. Where is the true leadership the Democratic party used to show?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
There in lies one of the major rubs. We used to be known as a great party! To now be the lesser of two evils, means we are evil, just less so. When I see Obamacrats on this board compare Obama's poor decisions and failing policies to George Bush and using Bush as an excuse, I simply cringe. Bush was a failed president. Again, the lesser of two evils. Where is the true leadership the Democratic party used to show?
The leadership will simply assume you'll be there lined up like idiots to throw the switch in Nov 2010 and man up/suck it up/etc. To stay at home or vote third party is, in their warped minds, simply a vote for Republicans.

The McCain RINOs never convinced me for one second that by voting third party, I was putting Obama in the white house. McCain (with some help from Bush) put Obama in the white house.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:30 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Where is the "chaos", exactly? I don't see it. Sure, there are some disgruntled Democrats, but the majority of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing, and the vast majority of Democrats approve.

I don't hate you for disagreeing with some of what Obama does. I don't agree with it everything he does either. But if you truly think he's a fraud and is ruining the country, I'm not sure which party you'll really fit into. Sounds like you may be the one with the problem - not the Democratic Party.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't hate you for disagreeing with some of what Obama does. I don't agree with it everything he does either. But if you truly think he's a fraud and is ruining the country, I'm not sure which party you'll really fit into. Sounds like you may be the one with the problem - not the Democratic Party.
This is why I recommend staying at home for all those who are not at least 95% behind their candidate, Dem or Rep. No party dripping with this amount of arrogance is worth being in.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Where is the "chaos", exactly? I don't see it. Sure, there are some disgruntled Democrats, but the majority of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing, and the vast majority of Democrats approve.

Ahhhh....it comes out. Pathetic answer there.
I'm a lifelong Democrat here and a gay man as well, but since I don't tow the line and agree with Obama, "I'm the problem".

I'm not sure anyone said anything about "chaos".....but I have received several threats and hate e-mails because I will not tow the line. I'd say, Obamacrats who have highjacked a once great party and send threatening e-mails to other Democrats, are the problem.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Ahhhh....it comes out. Pathetic answer there.
I'm a lifelong Democrat here and a gay man as well, but since I don't tow the line and agree with Obama, "I'm the problem".

I'm not sure anyone said anything about "chaos".....but I have received several threats and hate e-mails because I will not tow the line. I'd say, Obamacrats who have highjacked a once great party and send threatening e-mails to other Democrats, are the problem.
Can we see transcripts of such e-mails, sans handles?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Can we see transcripts of such e-mails, sans handles?
Not going to post them as I have an attorney looking into it. I'll pm you some summaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies