Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Between sports, reality shows, game shows, American idol and the above stated news stations, most of America isn't watching the news at all. Many watch the news when they're looking for something that influences their lives. Right now they're probably watching a bit more than before because of unemployment. Most of the media is lock stock and barrel with what's going on. Only one station is questioning or even trying to be a check or balance. It's kinda sad actually...
I read 2 newspapers, go on cnn & listen to NPR or my local college station. And I watch the local news sometimes. If in all of those venues I can't get what is going on in the world, then we've got a problem. And I don't think there is a problem, I think there are people who think if you don't listen to this & this station or channel, then you're not getting unbiased news. Moderator cut: offensive

Last edited by fauve; 06-17-2009 at 09:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
MSNBC is not balanced at all, just like Fox.

CNN is pretty balanced, but is still "cable news".

How are CBS and ABC not balanced? Just because you do not constantly criticize Obama does not mean you are in the tank.

You might have missed my earlier post, http://www.city-data.com/forum/9342607-post80.html
Most of the news reports always have both sides of the table RNC and DNC or it's affiliates or bloggers... lol. Only one station does that and even remotely gives balanced time too. O'rielly and Beck are opinionated shows and they make no distinction otherwise and even then O'rielly still has people who represent both sides. It's just some of the folks on here see a conservative and flip out or have no perception of what balanced actually is.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 06-17-2009 at 08:35 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What a whiner he is.

It's just not good enough that he has all the cable stations, broadcast networks and major newspapers in the tank for him - he must whine and complain that Fox News gives the populace a different take on his fraudulent rhetoric and disastrous policies.
The only one... and that's apparently horrible to some of these people...

Last edited by BigJon3475; 06-17-2009 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
If you saw the actual interview you'd see that he treaded very lightly on this thin ice. Salon.com can portray it as a "slam", but it was nothing anywhere near a "slam." In fact, Obama had a smile on his face while saying it. Fox is force to be reckoned with, and Obama is very cognizant of that.
That becomes obvious, judging from his frequent appearances on FOX programs.

Kids in the Hall
Homer Simpson
The Cleveland Show
Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
Dollhouse
Sit Down, Shut UP
Fringe
American Idol
MAD-TV
Lie to Me

....Holy Jesus and the Almighty Gods... FOX was made for Obama...

Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Fox, Fair and Balanced? Do you even know what Fair and Balance means? Fox, Fair and Balanced, hardly... Obama somehow won the election? Against who? A formidable ticket of McCain/Sarah (I know Nothing) Palin? Give me a break, it was Obama's election to lose. Republicans did not stand a chance. Don't really know what the viewership is of FOX News but I think the voting public is somewhere in the excess of 110 million voters. Fox and the NRA had no bearing at all on the outcome of the election? You know why? Cause most sane folks are tired of the GOP's crap and their hands off approach to about anything except when it comes to orchastrating wars, they are bankrupt of ideas. This why you lost and lost big.
I bet that's your fair and balanced post huh?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I read 2 newspapers, go on cnn & listen to NPR or my local college station. And I watch the local news sometimes. If in all of those venues I can't get what is going on in the world, then we've got a problem. And I don't think there is a problem, I think there are people who think if you don't listen to this & this station or channel, then you're not getting unbiased news. That's horse s**t.
Good that you're informed. I try to myself although I've not been as much as I was, I've grown a bit weary of politics . If people want news they will find what suits them and yes there are people who say if you don't watch this or that you don't know what's going on. I've watched several TV's at once all news stations and seen the lag in "breaking" news. It's not always the same channel breaking it but the channels very much so break different news stories. I more or less look for documents when a story breaks then go straight to the source looking for other sources etc until I run out of associated things or feel I understand or fall flat on my face on my keyboard from exhaustion.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
President Barack Obama, in an interview with CNBC’s John Harwood, acknowledged what he called "generally positive" coverage in the first six months of his administration, but took the opportunity to take a swing at FOX News.

Obama Slams FOX for Being 'Devoted to Attacking My Administration' - Jeffery Pijanowski - Open Salon (http://open.salon.com/blog/newscycle/2009/06/16/obama_slams_fox_for_being_devoted_to_attacking_my_ administration - broken link)
What a whiner. Come on Obama, man up or go away!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:42 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I bet that's your fair and balanced post huh?
Nope, just Fair...

Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
What a whiner. Come on Obama, man up or go away!
As usual a conservative with a twist...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 PM

http://podcasts.foxnews.com/061709/0...points_128.mp3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies