Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Iranians good or bad?
They are good (we shouldn't blow them up) 11 78.57%
They are bad (we should blow them up) 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times

Advertisements

I'm confused as f....
I've been told for the last 4 years by our media that Iranians are bad and we should blow them off the map.

After Ahmadinayad supposedly stole the democratic elections in Iran (I thought he was a dictator) now the media tells me that Iranians are good and I should support them.

Are they good (I should support them) or are they bad (I should support blowing them up)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
We already know they are bad and naughty, but I'll speak out for the majority who believe they are probably even a nasty, bad, and naughty.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:34 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm confused as f....
I've been told for the last 4 years by our media that Iranians are bad and we should blow them off the map.

After Ahmadinayad supposedly stole the democratic elections in Iran (I thought he was a dictator) now the media tells me that Iranians are good and I should support them.

Are they good (I should support them) or are they bad (I should support blowing them up)?
The world is kind of complicated, and as such it is not possible to label an entire group of people good or bad. Are there some Iranians that are virulently anti-American, yes. Are there some Iranians that want to destroy Israel, yes and quite likely they are in the majority. Are there some Iranians that want to seek closer relations with western nations, admire American culture and want reform, probably a majority. If the government in Iran changes will they love America, and abandon their nuclear ambitions? I would not bet on it, but they may be more keen on talking with the US and making concessions.

Imho should we blow them off the map? Absolutely not. It didn't work in Iraq, and will not work in Iran and will probably make a lot more people angry at the US and cost the US a high price in Blood and treasure, a price we most likely will regret paying.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Iranians good; Mullahs, Republican Guard, militias, terrorist proxies and their general gov't is bad.

I'm so move by this thing in Iran that I had a poetic moment.

My heart goes out to my Iranian brothers,
as freedom has never been free;
so take courage with heart
and fight your right
to live as you determine thee.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genius140 View Post
Iran will not attack Israel, it will be the Zionists that do the attacking and the killing of Persians.

I'm taking any and all bets with no limit.
Israel has one of the largest Nuclear arsenals on the planet. Iran wouldn't last a second if they started any trouble.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not really a dictator, much less anyone with real power. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei actually holds the highest position of power in Iran. Which is why in reality it does not matter who won the elections...

Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
For what it's worth, the two Iranian dudes I worked with in Germany didn't blow me up one single time, were sad and mad with equal intensity when 9/11 happened (as well as worried for their families back in Iran), were married to Iranian women who sure as all out did not know they were supposed to be subservient (and who didn't cover up as per the prophet, either - yowza!) - in short, two perfectly straight-up blokes. Couldn't drink worth a damn, admittedly.

Sucks that their country is so messed up.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:07 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Iranians good; Mullahs, Republican Guard, militias, terrorist proxies and their general gov't is bad.

I'm so move by this thing in Iran that I had a poetic moment.

My heart goes out to my Iranian brothers,
as freedom has never been free;
so take courage with heart
and fight your right
to live as you determine thee.
Perfectly said.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:40 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
You can't characterize Iranians as either good nor bad, just as you can't generalize about Americans as being either good or bad. When the USSR was in existence, most people equated Russians with Communists. The Russian people are a fine people. So are Iranians, so are Americans, and any other nationality you want to name.

My point is that it's the ru;lers -- the power hungry people in charge -- who screw things up.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
George Will is on c-span now talking about Iran and regime change --

C-SPAN Live Stream - C-SPAN (http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN_wm.aspx - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies