Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 01:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

by southern people (from where many career military come) maem is often a substitute for "you stupid b.............."
the correction was appropriate. btw senator boxer once prevented the relocation of a usda regional office from its rightful place in san francisco to a place 4 miles from the directors house in the suburbs.
i had the pleasure of being part of the union committee that worked with her staff to prevent this.
i remember senator boxer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 01:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
She has worked hard to be called Witch. Lets address her correctly.
it takes a stalin to stop a hitler. DC is not a nice place.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
OH please!!

These people have titles. She is a senator. No big deal address her as such. The president should be addresses as President Obama, not Mr Obama or Barack or Obama. President Bush should have been addressed as President Bush, not W, George or Mr Bush.

Now, I'm a liberal. What about my political leanings has anything to do with proper protocol.

The military has its own protocol. He is addressing her as Ma'am per that same protocol. For him to address her as anything but Ma'am would be "slimy". Fitting perfectly the military definition of "slimy", she has no clue as to the significance of what she told him to do. Were I still wearing this nation's uniform, I would address her as Ma'am because everything else is incorrect. FYI, the POTUS is addressed as Sir or Ma'am. The same rule applies to all superior officers and all civilians. Only junior officers and enlisted personnel are not addressed as Sir or Ma'am.

As a side, don't you think this man has enough on his plate keeping us safe from the people who would like us dead? Nope, also has to remember to throw military protocol out the window for one special person who doesn't seem to respect the armed forces.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:55 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Typical example of an elitist. She sounded like she was whining when she corrected him. She is more concerned with her position than what her position is for.

To quote a line from the movie Braveheart.

Quote:
There is a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you
with position. I think your position exists to provide those people
with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

She is sorry excuse for a representative. Always was garbage, always will be.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The military has its own protocol. He is addressing her as Ma'am per that same protocol. For him to address her as anything but Ma'am would be "slimy". Fitting perfectly the military definition of "slimy", she has no clue as to the significance of what she told him to do. Were I still wearing this nation's uniform, I would address her as Ma'am because everything else is incorrect. FYI, the POTUS is addressed as Sir or Ma'am. The same rule applies to all superior officers and all civilians. Only junior officers and enlisted personnel are not addressed as Sir or Ma'am.

As a side, don't you think this man has enough on his plate keeping us safe from the people who would like us dead? Nope, also has to remember to throw military protocol out the window for one special person who doesn't seem to respect the armed forces.
So you think the MILITARY should RULE SUPREME over everyone and everything in the U.S.

Beware of what you wish for......

Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Well she did one thing right. I can forgive her for rudeness if she makes good decisions. The one below is a very good decision.

Iraq War

In October 2002 Boxer voted against the joint resolution passed by the U.S. Congress to authorize the use of military force by the Bush Administration against Iraq.[44][45][46] Later on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart she characterized that vote as "The best vote of my life."
In June 2005, Senators Boxer and Russ Feingold (D-WI) cosponsored Senate Resolution 171 calling for a timeframe for U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq.

Last edited by hotair2; 06-19-2009 at 07:26 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
by southern people (from where many career military come) maem is often a substitute for "you stupid b.............."
WTF? Sorry, but you must be smoking something. I wasn't raised in the south, but I live in the south now. People are actually taught manners. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities. Geez.

People can invent whatever excuses or explanations they want for why a simple show of respect was turned into an event by Boxer. She was shown for who and what she is....an arrogant liberal.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

Well she did one thing right. I can forgive her for rudeness if she makes good decisions. The one below is a very good decision.

Iraq War

In October 2002 Boxer voted against the joint resolution passed by the U.S. Congress to authorize the use of military force by the Bush Administration against Iraq.[44][45][46] Later on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart she characterized that vote as "The best vote of my life."
In June 2005, Senators Boxer and Russ Feingold (D-WI) cosponsored Senate Resolution 171 calling for a timeframe for U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq.
Of course you think that, it is something you agree with. Ends justifies the means right? She can lie, cheat and act like a complete ass, but as long as you agree with her, it excuses her behavior. Again, typical elitist thinking.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 AM

486 posts, read 983,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post

Class Act

Asshat
How is this relevant to this discussion in any way shape or form?!
The Sarah Palin worshiping is nauseating!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
WTF? Sorry, but you must be smoking something. I wasn't raised in the south, but I live in the south now. People are actually taught manners. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities. Geez.

People can invent whatever excuses or explanations they want for why a simple show of respect was turned into an event by Boxer. She was shown for who and what she is....an arrogant liberal.
I was laughing too, to think someone actually thinks that shows how stupid people really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies