Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
how are they going to incite anything? that's like the klan trying to incite in detroit.
Not particularly. Silverton, Oregon, is a small farming community. I thought it was pretty cool when the residents there let this group know that their hatred wasn't gonna fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Just more proof that truth is stranger than fiction:

A Kansas-based church known for celebrating at the funerals of American soldiers killed in war plans to protest Friday at Fairfax High School because the student body elected a gay male teen as its prom queen.

Anti-gay church plans protest at Fairfax High | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times
It will only be a matter of time before somebody shoots one of these losers. Especially if they keep showing up at soldiers funerals.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:50 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,460,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It will only be a matter of time before somebody shoots one of these losers. Especially if they keep showing up at soldiers funerals.

And I hope the shooter receives the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
These Westboro wackos remind me of The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Both are a stain on the earth.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'd love to see a muscular 6-foot-5 drag queen run them out of town.
I remember years ago one morning all the bars had let out and there was a crowd of people in the streets/in front of various bars. A car full of college age boys drove by a large (think line backer) drag queen and yelled "***". The drag queen in turn responded "F-U", at which time the car screeched to a halt in the middle of the road and a shouting match ensued. The end result was the drag queen serving up a early A.M. (and surely humiliating) beat down of the drunk guy who wanted to pick a fight. The only way the story could have been better is if the wig came off, but you can't have it all I guess.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
These Westboro wackos remind me of The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Both are a stain on the earth.

I saw a special on them, I think it was done by BBC. I hated to admit it, but while they are INSANE they are also highly intelligent and 2-3 of them are attorneys or at least have law degrees.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I remember years ago one morning all the bars had let out and there was a crowd of people in the streets/in front of various bars. A car full of college age boys drove by a large (think line backer) drag queen and yelled "***". The drag queen in turn responded "F-U", at which time the car screeched to a halt in the middle of the road and a shouting match ensued. The end result was the drag queen serving up a early A.M. (and surely humiliating) beat down of the drunk guy who wanted to pick a fight. The only way the story could have been better is if the wig came off, but you can't have it all I guess.
LOL, classic. And so the homophobes limped home w/their tail between their legs. Aww, poor babies.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I can understand how many people could find the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence offensive, but as of yet they haven't picketed the funerals of dead soldiers or made the sorts of threats Westboro has made.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
And I hope the shooter receives the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Looks like it came close here, watch:

YouTube - Westboro Gets their ass kicked

Old 06-18-2009, 07:02 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I can understand how many people could find the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence offensive, but as of yet they haven't picketed the funerals of dead soldiers or made the sorts of threats Westboro has made.

No, instead they chose to go in and defile churches and disrupt people who are worshiping. They are on the same foul level of the Westboros
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies