Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccersupporter View Post
my brother gave them the bird and said that it was directly from god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Did anyone kick their ass? Oh man, that would just be sweet sweet justice.
The problem is that they are so screwed up that they don't care what reaction they get. They really have no compassion. The group is made up largely of a huge extended family. I don't know exactly where they get their money to travel all around the world pulling off this crap but I hope it runs out soon.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The problem is that they are so screwed up that they don't care what reaction they get. They really have no compassion. The group is made up largely of a huge extended family. I don't know exactly where they get their money to travel all around the world pulling off this crap but I hope it runs out soon.
I think I saw Daddy Phelps get pepper sprayed and he just laughed out loud hysterically. They just don't care.....

Mocking idiots is always the best route though IMO.

YouTube - Michael Moore vs Westboro Baptist Church

Old 06-18-2009, 07:26 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Maybe the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence should go to Topeka en masse and disrupt the services at Westboro Baptist Church.

Now that would be a sight to see. A malee of the insane.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I think I saw Daddy Phelps get pepper sprayed and he just laughed out loud hysterically. They just don't care.....

Mocking idiots is always the best route though IMO.

YouTube - Michael Moore vs Westboro Baptist Church
Is that the pink brigade? I didn't watch the video, I assumed it was the same one I saw a couple weeks ago. That one made me laugh fer sure!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Perhaps that's the problem, bros & sis sharing the same bed? I just do not get people who are so extreme & illogical in their hatred.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:29 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
bros & sis sharing the same bed?
In this group, it wouldn't surprise me.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:41 PM

I think we should take the Letterman Protesters and put them up against these guys and let 'em work it out.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
aren't there only like 25 or so members of that church? according to them, everyone is going to hell.
The "pastor" of that church is the leader and all the members are family members, like sons and daughters and their kids and so on. The work they did at military funerals got a group of Kansas motorcyclists that called themselves the Patriot Guard formed. When the group planned to go to one of those military funerals the Patriot Guard always showed up riding with 3 x 5 flags on the back of the cycles. Finally the legislature passed a law that didn't allow hate groups to get within 500 feet of the cemetery or church.

Our tiny town had a military funeral and about 3 weeks later a former State Supreme Court judge's funeral. The group was held back 3 blocks from the church and not allowed at the cemetery at all. At the military funeral they got loud and one of the larger women got knocked on her butt for calling a local big 'un fat. At the judge's funeral they brought some sound equipment and every time one of them tried to talk about 30 cyclists revved up their machines and nothing but them could be heard. They rode the 3 blocks to the church in formation and lined up behind the procession and the flags were really a site to see.

The one thing that many here don't seem to see is that they want to be attacked physically to get those who do the attacking in trouble with the law. You have to outloud them and ignore them in every other way. They may be anti-gay but it is the patriarch, Fred Phelps, that is the real one. He is getting on in years and they won't be around once he can't take part.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
but it is the patriarch, Fred Phelps, that is the real one. He is getting on in years and they won't be around once he can't take part.
Doesn't matter, once he goes there will always be another one lining up to fuel the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies