U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,325,989 times
Reputation: 1383

Advertisements

Krugman Failure, Not Market Failure by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

Very nice piece, an exerpt:

"During phases of weak growth there are always those who say that lower interest rates will not help. They overlook the fact that low interest rates act through several channels. For instance, more housing is built, which expands the building sector. You must ask the opposite question: why in the world shouldn’t you lower interest rates?"

Krugman Keynesian Klan (KKK) retards at work


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
 
4,455 posts, read 3,472,543 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Krugman Failure, Not Market Failure by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

Very nice piece, an exerpt:

"During phases of weak growth there are always those who say that lower interest rates will not help. They overlook the fact that low interest rates act through several channels. For instance, more housing is built, which expands the building sector. You must ask the opposite question: why in the world shouldn’t you lower interest rates?"

Krugman Keynesian Klan (KKK) retards at work


Sorry, couldn't comment on your hack, never heard of him or his works. I am referring to Thomas E. Woods Jr, not the Nobel Prize winner in Economics Paul krugman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,325,989 times
Reputation: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Sorry, couldn't comment on your hack, never heard of him or his works. I am referring to Thomas E. Woods Jr, not the Nobel Prize winner in Economics Paul krugman
Too bad the Nobel Prize was for an unrelated subject, so Krugman can contribute nothing to monetary policy and has no credentials.

Kind of like the certified plumber trying to wire up a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 5,915,850 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Too bad the Nobel Prize was for an unrelated subject, so Krugman can contribute nothing to monetary policy and has no credentials.

Kind of like the certified plumber trying to wire up a house.
Thomas E Woods credentials are ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,325,989 times
Reputation: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Thomas E Woods credentials are ???
Nine NYT bestsellers, Ph. D. from Columbia University, and a far better economic predictive track record than Krugman, that's all.

But if "your guy" winning an economic beauty pageant suits your argument, by all means...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 5,915,850 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Nine NYT bestsellers, Ph. D. from Columbia University, and a far better economic predictive track record than Krugman, that's all.

But if "your guy" winning an economic beauty pageant suits your argument, by all means...
The Nobel Prize is a beauty pageant to you because your guys economics have been an utter failure. We tried it for 30years and what do we have to show for it? Thats right, un imaginable debt and thats it. You can attack the current administration to have to borrow to deal with the mess, but if your guys hadn't put us in this situation, then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,325,989 times
Reputation: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
The Nobel Prize is a beauty pageant to you because your guys economics have been an utter failure. We tried it for 30years and what do we have to show for it? Thats right, un imaginable debt and thats it. You can attack the current administration to have to borrow to deal with the mess, but if your guys hadn't put us in this situation, then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we.
Actually, Hayek won it too but for the very matter we're speaking of. Krugman couldn't win a Nobel Prize for a paper on Keynesian retard theory if he lived to be 150 years old.

Since Krugman won it in New Trade Theory, his prize is as useful as a beauty pageant win. Like I said, like asking your licensed plumber to install new wiring for your house. Krugman's predictions have been notoriously wrong for the past 20 years, as was his theory the Chinese would not curtail an escalation of Treasury purchasing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
 
4,455 posts, read 3,472,543 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

Kind of like the certified plumber trying to wire up a house.
You talking about ole Joe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
 
Location: New York, New York
4,861 posts, read 5,915,850 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Actually, Hayek won it too but for the very matter we're speaking of. Krugman couldn't win a Nobel Prize for a paper on Keynesian retard theory if he lived to be 150 years old.

Since Krugman won it in New Trade Theory, his prize is as useful as a beauty pageant win. Like I said, like asking your licensed plumber to install new wiring for your house. Krugman's predictions have been notoriously wrong for the past 20 years, as was his theory the Chinese would not curtail an escalation of Treasury purchasing.
How well did that Margeret Thatcher economy turn out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 11,325,989 times
Reputation: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You talking about ole Joe...
Has nothing to do with the conversation, as Joe is a neocon RINO.

ADHD kicking in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top