Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 02:02 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
IMO, none of them were ever homosexual, but rather bisexual, in which case, ignoring the homosexual feelings and concentrating one the heterosexual, ore vice versa would be a choice.
With all due respect, your post is really arrogant. Who are you to decide if someone is gay or not? Is there some type of test to determine one's gayness? Seems like you're saying, "You're not really gay, I'm gayer then you."

You seem to want to put all gays in this nice convenient pre-packaged box, but real life doesn't work that way. There are gay conservatives on this board that are against same sex marriage. Sexual preference does not equal political persuasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Well then, I guess that settles it. I must stop whining, be silent and complacement, and give you poor, defenseless heteros a break and let you go back to watching Dr. Phil in peace without having to think about the gay question. Yeah, sounds like a plan.
Wow, you're definitely dramatic enough to call yourself Queen.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:11 PM

491 posts, read 925,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Sounds good to me.

Seriously though. You really do seem to be having your own little pity party.
I'm glad you see it that way. It just reaffirms why these types of threads need to be created.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:25 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Quote:
I'm glad you see it that way. It just reaffirms why these types of threads need to be created.
Your problem is that you're so busy feeling sorry for yourself and feeding your righteous indignation, that you can't see how annoying threads like these are.

Being gay or lesbian or whatever, is the exception, not the rule. And it's a fact of life...a fact of BIOLOGY, that when you're dealing with a deviation of the "majority" it takes time to gain acceptance by the majority. And there will always be people who will not accept you, no matter what.

Hell, there are people out there who think women should still be home mopping their floors in high-heels, barefoot, pregnant, and submissive to their husbands. Some people simply cannot accept progress.

I'm on your side. Many (if not most) heteros are on your side. But a lot of us are tired of the whining. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:27 PM

491 posts, read 925,812 times
Quote:
Your problem is that you're so busy feeling sorry for yourself and feeding your righteous indignation, that you can't see how annoying threads like these are.

Being gay or lesbian or whatever, is the exception, not the rule. And it's a fact of life...a fact of BIOLOGY, that when you're dealing with a deviation of the "majority" it takes time to gain acceptance by the majority. And there will always be people who will not accept you, no matter what.

Hell, there are people out there who think women should still be home mopping their floors in high-heels, barefoot, pregnant, and submissive to their husbands. Some people simply cannot accept progress.

I'm on your side. Many (if not most) heteros are on your side. But a lot of us are tired of the whining. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it.
And I've already explained to you how I feel about your perspective. Got anything else?

Old 06-20-2009, 02:30 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
Quote:
And I've already explained to you how I feel about your perspective. Got anything else?
Nah, I'm off to Starbuck's.

Have a nice day!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:45 PM

297 posts, read 349,081 times
Quote:

Being gay or lesbian or whatever, is the exception, not the rule. And it's a fact of life...a fact of BIOLOGY, that when you're dealing with a deviation of the "majority" it takes time to gain acceptance by the majority. And there will always be people who will not accept you, no matter what..
I can't speak for all LGBT's, but, I, personally am tired of waiting. We should not and do not require anybody's permission to be treated as equals.

Quote:
There sure are. However, society no longer tolerates that generally do they? Women decided enough was enough and fought back. Same applies here. Enough is enough.

Quote:
Based on the tone of some of your posts, I don't believe that it is clear that you are "on our side".

Tired you say? We are tired of the injustices perpetrated on us by our heterosexual oppressors on a daily basis:

Read this and tell me how YOU would react if you were denied access to your husband in an emergency situation:

American Civil Liberties Union : Fresno Hospital Bars Lesbian From Visiting Partner And Giving Advice About Her Treatment

I can't speak for all LGBT's, but, I, personally am tired of waiting. We should not and do not require anybody's permission to be treated as equals. We're not going to just sit down and be quiet any more because it's inconvenient for you to listen to.

We are not insolent children who need a scolding and we demand to stop being treated as such.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:18 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
With all due respect, your post is really arrogant. Who are you to decide if someone is gay or not? Is there some type of test to determine one's gayness? Seems like you're saying, "You're not really gay, I'm gayer then you."

You seem to want to put all gays in this nice convenient pre-packaged box, but real life doesn't work that way. There are gay conservatives on this board that are against same sex marriage. Sexual preference does not equal political persuasion.
First, I'm not gay. Secondly, I'm only giving my opinion. I'm not trying to "decide if someone is gay" at all. I'm just saying that, based on the definitions of homosexual, heterosexual and bisexual, those who claim to have 'chosen' to be homosexual are really bisexual. And believe me, after 11 years in various forums, I do understand that ones sexuality does not determine their political persuasion.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
First, I'm not gay. Secondly, I'm only giving my opinion. I'm not trying to "decide if someone is gay" at all. I'm just saying that, based on the definitions of homosexual, heterosexual and bisexual, those who claim to have 'chosen' to be homosexual are really bisexual. And believe me, after 11 years in various forums, I do understand that ones sexuality does not determine their political persuasion.
Fair enough. On a completely unrelated non confrontational topic, how do you get that cool font? Me likey.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:50 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Fair enough. On a completely unrelated non confrontational topic, how do you get that cool font? Me likey.
When you use the 'quote' button to reply, you should be in the 'advanced' edit box. At the top of the box there is a drop down list of the fonts available and next to that is a button that looks like an underlined A. That button is for the color choices. The font I use is called 'comic sans'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies