Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Clinton does it, OK. A Republican does it and we need a grand jury?
?

It wasnt OK when Clinton did it, though you all didnt mind spending millions and millions of your own tax dollars to try to, ah, nail him.

"need a grand jury" - ? News coverage on someone who was planning to run for president is not a grand jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I do.

PS both our cities were part of Mexico not to long ago...
Didnt the Mexicans take the land from the Native Americans first?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:29 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,518,634 times
Monkey the more you write the dumber you sound. I live in Detroit? I'm moving to Las Vegas?

REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUR READING COMPREHENSION- or the lack thereof.

I have been to Detroit once -back in the 70's and Las Vegas may be a good investment in the far future ... however I'll make you a deal:

If you can find a post where I say "I live in Detroit" or anything with the same meaning, I will disappear from these boards for 3 months.

If you can't - then you disappear and enroll in an adult education class- focusing on grade school reading-- an integrity class might help too.

DEAL?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,825,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Probably because a story of a cheating politician is inconsequential to the destruction of the US by the NObama admin..that seems a little more newsworthy.

wow, how many times when a liberal or a democrat been the scandal of sex foolish conservatives get bent out of shape..calling them immoral calling for impeachment it never ends

this is lol

Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Probably because a story of a cheating politician is inconsequential to the destruction of the US by the NObama admin..that seems a little more newsworthy.

Name calling is immature and ruins the credibility of your statement. You need to grow up a little bit. I assume you're not a child.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Monkey the more you write the dumber you sound. I live in Detroit? I'm moving to Las Vegas?

REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUR READING COMPREHENSION- or the lack thereof.

I have been to Detroit once -back in the 70's and Las Vegas may be a good investment in the far future ... however I'll make you a deal:

If you can find a post where I say "I live in Detroit" or anything with the same meaning, I will disappear from these boards for 3 months.

If you can't - then you disappear and enroll in an adult education class- focusing on grade school reading-- an integrity class might help too.

DEAL?

Dude, seriously get over the reading trauma.

"When I closed because there was a lapse they had ordered insurance for the two months and charged me $1700 for those two months. I never had seen that on a bill -it said "escrow shortfall" but they werent escrowing my taxes and ins. Those costs are outrageous and I bet there is some sort of kickback arrangement."

We all have shortcomings. It's no big deal, and you don't have to hate on the whole world about it. Catch more flies with honey.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:20 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,518,634 times
Monkey Umm that never was on a bill not that I didn't read it - once again you still can't seem to read. Did it say it was there but that I hadn't read it? I sent them the notice required under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act and they asked that I give them 10 more days till I file my suit. WAMU is bad news... and they will pay, however they are so disorganized they become an easy target.

The point about your reading is that several people have tried to make the same point to you again and again. You can say - "Well cheating using tax money doesn't matter to me" and that's your opinion.

Another poster pointed out that yes there was a Grand Jury with Clinton and yes Clinton did pay for what he did-- you didn't get it and repeated the same dumb stuff that there wasn't.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:22 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Link...?

Do a search for Lewinsky, Clinton, Edwards, to name a few. Oh heck, just search Dems who cheated on their spouse. You will get thousands of pages.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do a search for Lewinsky, Clinton, Edwards, to name a few. Oh heck, just search Dems who cheated on their spouse. You will get thousands of pages.

You had drawn this conclusion:

"So in general when a conservative cheats on his wife people think he is being hypocritical because he talks one way and does another, BUT when a liberal cheats on his wife it is understood that is expected so who is surprised."

I dont believe cheating by Clinton, Edwards or any other "Dem who cheated on their spouse" has ever been excused by anyone. That's what I asked you for: a link to back up your claim: some argument defending someone cheating, or saying that it's expected, just because s/he's a "liberal."

(You make a mistake to think "Democrat" and "liberal" are the same btw.)

Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 AM

134 posts, read 151,152 times
The Edwards episode was the straw that broke the camel's back on the MSM being impartial. They knew about the scandal for months but was trying to keep it under wraps until the nominations were conclusive. Despicable to say the least. There is no more credibility with the major sources of "news"....Meanwhile the citizens flock to Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies