U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 AM

4,116 posts, read 2,794,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmg1 View Post
He says it at the end of this video.

Sorry but you don't always get what you wish for now do you?

Have a Wonderful Friday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM

19,872 posts, read 22,778,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
since I don't get into little school girl bickering like some here, we'll stick to
facts facts and more facts, no opinions, just draw your own conclusions:

DOW gallup LEADER
25-Aug 11,386.30 MCCAIN +2
9-Sep 11,230.70 McCain +5
26-Sep 11,143.10 Obama +5
17-Sep 10,609.70 Obama +4
9-Oct 8,579.19 Obama +10
27-Oct 8175.77 Obama +10
What a load of BS.
You want to look at what the pools did back in Aug/Sept/Oct?
HERE is what the polls looked like back then - not just Gallup but all the major polls:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Instead of "Cherry picking" show the WHOLE range.
The market didn't suddenly change because Obama pulled out in front . OBAMA HAD BEEN in front throughout virtually the ENTIRE ELECTION.

The fact is, the crash happened from Oct2nd to Oct 10th when the DOW went from 10,831 to 8,451 (it's now slightly back above that point by the way). These dates don't correspond with Obama taking the lead in any way, shape or form. He had the lead WELL before that happened. The fact is, the crash of the DOW was not timed to any lead by Obama. It was timed to the announcement of the credit crises by GWB.

No wonder you think Cramer is such great guy - you act just like, changing the facts afterwards to suit your own liking.

Ken

Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 AM

531 posts, read 1,114,173 times
financial system, market and economy fell off a cliff as it was more & more apparent who would be in charge.

Anti business Obama successfully sued Citigroup in 1990s for not loaning his client money.

There were alot of people I know that expressed how anti business obama was back in the summer/fall. Some even got out of the market. Now I know why

Old 06-19-2009, 11:58 AM

6,899 posts, read 6,580,268 times
Quote:
financial system, market and economy fell off a cliff as it was more & more apparent who would be in charge.

Anti business Obama successfully sued Citigroup in 1990s for not loaning his client money.

There were alot of people I know that expressed how anti business obama was back in the summer/fall. Some even got out of the market. Now I know why

.....I much rather discuss this with someone like PG or Aero, at least the discussion isn't on grade school level..Continue

Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,063,764 times
Quote:

Well, that certainly helps the market.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:01 PM

6,899 posts, read 6,580,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
What a load of BS.
You want to look at what the pools did back in Aug/Sept/Oct?
HERE is what the polls looked like back then - not just Gallup but all the major polls:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Instead of "Cherry picking" show the WHOLE range.
The market didn't suddenly change because Obama pulled out in front . OBAMA HAD BEEN in front throughout virtually the ENTIRE ELECTION.

The fact is, the crash happened from Oct2nd to Oct 10th when the DOW went from 10,831 to 8,451 (it's now slightly back above that point by the way). These dates don't correspond with Obama taking the lead in any way, shape or form. He had the lead WELL before that happened. The fact is, the crash of the DOW was not timed to any lead by Obama. It was timed to the announcement of the credit crises by GWB.

No wonder you think Cramer is such great guy - you act just like, changing the facts afterwards to suit your own liking.

Ken
Buchanan of all people acknowledge that fact over and over again...McCain got on TV when all of this was occuring in September and said "the fundalmentals of the economy is sound" Remember that?....Whew..

Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM

19,872 posts, read 22,778,121 times
Quote:

Oh I'm sure there are lot of "people YOU know" who express how anti business Obama was. That little tidbit and a dime will get you a couple of coffee - wait it won't even do that.

Yeah Obama is so anti-business that that all three major indexes are UP from when he was sworn in (and have just gone through the biggest/fastest rise in well over 50 years).

Ken

Old 06-19-2009, 12:04 PM

134 posts, read 134,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Can this forum make sure when people register that they at least have a GED or common sense.
Why must children say the same things over and over. When they present no facts they just do name-calling ?

Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM

531 posts, read 1,114,173 times
it's hilarious to hear the liberals put lipstick on this pig

Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,305 times
there are a lot of us that wish he would go away, but unfortunately, we are stuck with him for over 3 years at least. the good news is that people are starting to tire of his over exposure. he's already spent our children's money in an attempt to political grandstand. if it doesn't work well, he's screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or