U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 PM

6,899 posts, read 6,578,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
it's hilarious to hear the liberals put lipstick on this pig
oooh that comment was too easy ...but i won't go there...it will get deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 12:09 PM

7,343 posts, read 7,133,369 times
Quote:

financial system, market and economy fell off a cliff as it was more & more apparent who would be in charge.

Anti business Obama successfully sued Citigroup in 1990s for not loaning his client money.

There were alot of people I know that expressed how anti business obama was back in the summer/fall. Some even got out of the market. Now I know why
Oh my g-d. Do you really think that just repeating yourself over and over will make us see the light of how right you are?

There are people I know who say that they've come to LOVE President Obama because every time he gives a speech the market goes UP!

But guess what -- anecdote /= data!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 PM

19,871 posts, read 22,772,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Buchanan of all people acknowledge that fact over and over again...McCain got on TV when all of this was occuring in September and said "the fundalmentals of the economy is sound" Remember that?....Whew..
Oh yeah, I remember that.
It made McCain look like an idiot.
The fact is, Obama got a boost when the market crashed and his big surge in the polls happened DURING and AFTER the market crashed (not before). He got that surge because while McCain seemed to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off (flying back and forth to DC (where he really made no difference) and seeming panicked (along with Bush - who seemed REALLY flustered)) Obama seemed cool, calm and collected - in short Presidential. This calmness in the midst of a crises paid off well for Obama - and many of those folks who had doubts that he would be up to the task changed their minds about him - and he consequently rose rapidly in the polls.

Again, Obama's big boost came DURING and AFTER the crash - not before. It was the crash that helped propel Obama - not the other way around - and comparing ALL the polls of the time (not just cherry picking a few) to the timing of the crises makes that VERY CLEAR so you were quite right to jump on Joe107.

Ken

Old 06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,060,496 times
Quote:
it's hilarious to hear the liberals put lipstick on this pig
Leave Sarah Palin out of this. That poor woman has been through enough.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM

134 posts, read 134,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Oh yeah, I remember that.
The fact is, Obama got a boost when the market crashed and his big surge in the polls happened DURING and AFTER the market crashed (not before). He got that surge because while McCain seemed to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off (flying back and forth to DC (where he really made no difference) and seeming panicked (along with Bush - who seemed REALLY flustered)) Obama seemed cool, calm and collected - in short Presidential. This calmness in the midst of a crises paid off well for Obama - and many of those folks who had doubts that he would be up to the task changed their minds about him - and consequently rose rapidly in the polls.

Again, Obama's big boost came DURING and AFTER the crash - not before. It was the crash that helped propel Obama - not the other way around - and comparing ALL the polls of the time (not just cherry picking a few) to the timing of the crises makes that VERY CLEAR so you were quite right to jump on Joe107.

Ken
Naw. it was fairly close until October then Obama started to pull ahead and it was obvious....that's when the market got spooked. DAMHIK $$$$$

Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM

531 posts, read 1,114,037 times
[quote=LordBalfor;9369783]Oh yeah, I remember that.
The fact is, Obama got a boost when the market crashed and his big surge in the polls happened DURING and AFTER the market crashed (not before). He got that surge because while McCain seemed to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off (flying back and forth to DC (where he really made no difference) and seeming panicked (along with Bush - who seemed REALLY flustered)) Obama seemed cool, calm and collected - in short Presidential. This calmness in the midst of a crises paid off well for Obama - and many of those folks who had doubts that he would be up to the task changed their minds about him - and he consequently rose rapidly in the polls.

Monthly returns of Dow after Obama took lead

September -5.32%
October -14.06%
November -6.00%

Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,667,284 times
FRONTLINE: breaking the bank: video - watch the full program | PBS

For you viewing entertainment. This program shows just one link in the chain of what has really caused our current finacial disaster.

Hope you enjoy.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
Naw. it was fairly close until October then Obama started to pull ahead and it was obvious....that's when the market got spooked. DAMHIK $$$$$
No it wasn't.
Except for a couple of short spikes, Obama was ahead virtually the entire time.

Look for yourself.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Jim Cramer:  "Wishes Obama would go away..."-prespoll.jpg  

Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Monthly returns of Dow after Obama took lead

September -5.32%
October -14.06%
November -6.00%
Gain of the DOW over the last 3 months (now that Obama IS President): Nearly 40%

Ken

Old 06-19-2009, 12:34 PM

134 posts, read 134,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
No it wasn't.
Except for a couple of short spikes, Obama was ahead virtually the entire time.

Look for yourself.

Ken
Mc Cain was in striking distance the whole way until October. All I have to do is check my daily statements from my accounts..and compare to polls and I did that daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or