Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 02:05 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Stop stealing your parents' password on their account.

Run along and play now.
Listen, little one, I highly doubt that you're as old as I am. You're simply a little Obama Kool-Aid drinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Get a grip - you are so extreme - you sound like a fool....
The founding father's must have been extreme.

I'd say gutting the Constitution IS EXTREME. I'm simply calling him out on it.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Siouxcia, you must admit that the federal takeover of GM and Chrysler, as well as overbearing control of the cigarette companies is government control. You must admit that calls for nationalized healthcare, and ABC pushing Obama's agenda, from the White House, is not a free and unbiased press.

You must hate the founding fathers, the rule of law, and the constitutional republic form of government.

You must also be an extreme Leftist, yourself.
Why must she admit all that? Now, I'm not crazy about the Chrysler/GM thing, especially as this is Chrysler's second bailout, but I think it's high time cigarettes were regulated by the FDA. We've let the tobacco companies get away with too much, for too long. Without the FDA, people would still be selling snake oil! There is no call for nationialized health care, and you don't have to watch ABC.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why must she admit all that? Now, I'm not crazy about the Chrysler/GM thing, especially as this is Chrysler's second bailout, but I think it's high time cigarettes were regulated by the FDA. We've let the tobacco companies get away with too much, for too long. Without the FDA, people would still be selling snake oil! There is no call for nationialized health care, and you don't have to watch ABC.
Things are always voluntary in the beginning, then a bait and switch occurs during a so-called crisis that makes it mandatory or necessary. Such will be the case with nationalized health care.

ABC has no business pushing the president's agenda IN THE WHITE HOUSE. ABC is bought and paid for. Well, they were asked, most likely, and being the un-American Leftists that they are, they were glad to do it.

I don't think that smoking is healthy, nor that warnings on packages of cigarettes are a bad thing. However, for the government to claim that they can say you can add this but not that, when they've been selling cigarettes as such for decades is nothing more than government control. They'll use it to obtain extra revenue, bankrupt the industry, and then head on to others and regulate and tax them, and on and on she goes.

The left wing, communist-minded Democrat Party is pushing for a soda tax. How about FREEDOM and allowing people to make their own decisions when it doesn't involve harming another person.

By the way, the Chrysler and GM thing is a bad thing, because they basically have those companies "by the testicles", and they're going to run them into the ground. Some of the last remnants of American manufacturing, and they're going to destroy them, just like government-run automobile companies in other nations. The product will be subpar, and the loyal base of GM customers are dwindling. In polls, only twenty percent or so of GM owners said that they will purchase another GM car. Why? They're true Americans, who love and respect the Constitution, and they love America, and they're not going to support an institution that does its best to spit upon that. I'm not certain that such wasn't Obama's and the left wing communist Democrat Party's intention. If Ford doesn't sell out too, I imagine that you'll see a lot of GM and Chrysler's customers flock to Ford, raising Ford out of the doldrums that it also finds itself in, to the point where it will post profits.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:06 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
The question has been asked but the opposition defy to answer,

What is the alternative? You oppose every single thing that this new administration has done yet you offer no answers. Had there been no bailouts, there would only have been a dragging out of the inevitable, the businesses would have crashed. Then what would you be saying?

What alternative to you offer for health care? At this time the rich and those who qualify for Medicaid are the only ones who get the health care they need. Where is your answer for the millions in between?

Lots of bitchin' and moanin', finger pointing, hand rubbing with gleeful desire to have this administration fail. Yeah, that's patriotic, that's what our forefathers strived for>>division rather than unity.

It's 55 degrees, the sun is shining and there have been no bear sightings today; I'm going for a run.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Actually, they inherited this mess and so far seem to be fixing it. Things should balance out more over the next couple elections, but drastic action was needed and it was taken.
What EXACTLY have they done, which you think "is fixing it"?

Old 06-20-2009, 03:18 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What EXACTLY have they done, which you think "is fixing it"?
you can go directly to the white house's web site to get the info on what the admin is doing. as far as obama's "number's" most people who voted for him are still happy, it is also early yet. besides the number's really don't matter. he will be in office for quite some time to come. low number's did not stop bush his just kept getting so low his own party didin't want him at their convention.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
The question has been asked but the opposition defy to answer,

What is the alternative? You oppose every single thing that this new administration has done yet you offer no answers. Had there been no bailouts, there would only have been a dragging out of the inevitable, the businesses would have crashed. Then what would you be saying?
The alternative? The removal of unneeded regulations that increase costs for the company.

For the companies, themselves, to not be so beholden to the unions and to lower salaries to comparable levels with those of foreign companies operating here in the U.S.

Quote:
What alternative to you offer for health care? At this time the rich and those who qualify for Medicaid are the only ones who get the health care they need. Where is your answer for the millions in between?
To stop allowing illegal alien parasites to bankrupt hospitals, which drives the cost of care up for everyone else. As such, insurance premiums would be lowered.

However, there's a thing called INSURANCE. Healthcare is not a right, and it's a very modern concept. Get insurance and stop complaining.

Quote:
Lots of bitchin' and moanin', finger pointing, hand rubbing with gleeful desire to have this administration fail. Yeah, that's patriotic, that's what our forefathers strived for>>division rather than unity.
I want that illegal alien, left wing, communist usurper and his whole administration to fail. He and his administration's failure is a victory for the United States of America, its people, and for the nation's historical founding. I want nothing to do with that un-American bunch and their communist selves.

Quote:
It's 55 degrees, the sun is shining and there have been no bear sightings today; I'm going for a run.
I'ts 92 degrees here and sunny. I'll stay inside.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
Actually, they inherited this mess and so far seem to be fixing it.
First of all, the Bush deficit was approx $500 Billion. Obama has tripled that in 5 months.

"Fixing it"? Do you remember when obama was pushing the stimulus, he said unemployment would not go above 8% WITH the stimulus - well, it's surpassed that and more.

The WH now admits they were completely wrong about the effects of the stimulus, unemployment, the credit crunch.

Have you looked at any other financial news lately? Stuff about the dollar, the deficit, the debt, healthcare, cap&trade?

Exactly WHERE is he fixing anything?

On the contrary, his policies are making it much worse.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:52 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
The alternative? The removal of unneeded regulations that increase costs for the company.

isn't that how we got in this mess?

For the companies, themselves, to not be so beholden to the unions and to lower salaries to comparable levels with those of foreign companies operating here in the U.S.

forget the worker's rights, the employer can work people 80 hours a week, with no time off, a 15 min. lunch break and be fired on a whim? lower the poor worker's wage other countries?...... does anyone want to work 60 hrs a week for a buck fifty?.....

To stop allowing illegal alien parasites to bankrupt hospitals, which drives the cost of care up for everyone else. As such, insurance premiums would be lowered. ahhh somebody that will work for a buck fifity. doing the crap the people in the unions, who earn a "living wage" refuse to do!

However, there's a thing called INSURANCE. Healthcare is not a right, and it's a very modern concept. Get insurance and stop complaining. 600 bucks a month to be insured is not bad, maybe my kids won't eat, or I won't pay the heat bill

I want that illegal alien, left wing, communist usurper and his whole administration to fail. gonna cut my nose off to spite my face, He and his administration's failure is a victory for the United States of America, its people, and for the nation's historical founding. the pendulum swings. hang on it will go back....this is just a correction from the Bush years. expect the bags in the over head compartment to shift upon landing.
I want nothing to do with that un-American bunch and their communist selves.

I'ts 92 degrees here and sunny. I'll stay inside.
it;s 86 a mild flower scented tropical trade wind fills the air, I think a swim in a clear 80 degree ocean!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies