Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:13 PM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

So we have Clinton who started the mess, Bush who made it worse, and now Obama who is just continuing Bushes policies. As long as everybody's okay with blaming the other guy and letting their guy off the hook, its insane to expect any improvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So we have Clinton who started the mess, Bush who made it worse, and now Obama who is just continuing Bushes policies. As long as everybody's okay with blaming the other guy and letting their guy off the hook, its insane to expect any improvement.
no Reagan started this mess, Bush I didnt do anything about it...Clinton tried to fix it and did a lot of good...BushII came in and f8cked everything up....

Old 06-22-2009, 04:18 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Can you begin to comprehend the power of a presidential veto???

Even though one party holds a thin majority in Congress - it can be totally neutralized by a Presidential veto - one which Bush yielded, or threatened to yield, many times in his last 2 years in office...

Anyone who does not comprehend this knows very very little about how government works... about how things get done or not...

Old 06-22-2009, 04:23 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We now have a President who is proactive. You may disagree with his policies. I don't. You obviously had been comfortable with Bush sitting back doing nothing but shaking his head 'It's not my fault' for 8 years but I wasn't. I trust in our President to do what is necessary to get our government back on track.

You and your ilk keep cheering for the economic destruction of our country to prove your point that the wrong man was elected. I prefer to support the administration that the majority of the American people voted into office. DEAL WITH IT.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:32 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,878 times
Default Stick by the Pres

He's the best one we've had since Truman...most down to earth, sensible, human...you hope he fails, you hope America fails.

BTW, Truman was down to 29% approval rating in the polls, at one point, a lot cause he fired that nutjob MacArthur. If the USA had done what General HighHorse had wanted, we would have used nukes in Korea...we'd be living in a different, worse world.

I'm for the President. And I speak as one who supported Reagan, warmly, in two elections...don't regret it, either.

The GOP, in the person of the First Frat Boy, G.W. Bush, left me. To say nothing of that Rumsfeld (our fighting men are over there in Iraq, scavenging "hillbilly armor" off of garbage dumps, while he makes excuses) or that Cheney, taking care of his rich KBR buddies...while American fighting men - die.

I'm still a Republican. I'll be one till I die. But while the so-called "conservatives" continue to play their games, voting for welfare for rich corporations, my vote goes to the donkey party.

Last edited by WildCardSteve; 06-22-2009 at 05:51 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I have not called you any names.
Nor have I called you one, I called you ignorant, thats not name calling, it means that you need to do more research and learn more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
The fact that 8 years at the helm while this was going on, does lay a large part of the blame squarely on Bush's shoulders. Just because he chose to ignore the problems doesn't absolve him.
That would be true if the USA was an isolated case of a recession. The fact is the economic problems started in Switzerland, and unless your willing to pretend that the President of the USA is dictator over the world, blaming a president for a world wide economic problem is just.. Well "ignorant"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies