Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
anyways again, at least the left if they make a promise and break it, you can get mad and try and do something, if the right do it, well they never promised you "average wage earner" anything to begin with!!
So what have you done to show how mad you are at all of the Obama pledges broken? How has your life improved since Democrats have taken over Congress? I'm anxiously awaiting your response..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Between Air Obama, Air Pelosi and Murtha's own airport, the CEO's got nothing on our elected scoundrels.
Who gave the exec's our money without restrictions in the first place?

Old 06-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I have no problem with this, considering the taxpayer money obama burned on his "date night" in NYC.
The only people that would have a problem with this, are those incapable of understanding that its often cheaper for these individuals to fly private jets than a commercial airline..

An idea that seems to be foreign to many who cry about not being handed enough money from the government.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 AM

609 posts, read 1,174,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, here is where you went wrong.

I dont need or even want ANY leader to make MY life better, thats MY responsibility. I want them to leave me alone so I can do what I'm entitled to do, which is fail, or succeed because of my willingness and abilities..
ouch..... another person who just laps up the american dream crap whole heartedly as it continues to oppress you... I can work my butt off here in Canada too, and maybe get somewhere, if the high position, or hasn't aren't already given to the rich's persons next child, or their rich buddy, or some dude who payed them off...

however if I don't "make it", at least I don't have to worry about getting sick or or having an accident and not enough money to pay and possibly die..

The best things in our human history were created together, not apart.

the idea of an individualist america is old an outdated. to say "our country was founded on it" is just ignorant. that was hundreds of years ago so naturally things would change!! before the government, as it expanded west, would give people land to work with. they individually worked hard (where the individualist attitude and belief came from) and it was up to them if they succeeded or failed based on hard work. well there are no more land hand outs!!!

The rich elite class is an exclusive dynastic group.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So what have you done to show how mad you are at all of the Obama pledges broken? How has your life improved since Democrats have taken over Congress? I'm anxiously awaiting your response..

Im canadain chief!!!!! but nice try. and what do I do here??? protest, write to MP's, spread awareness, and going to school to become a politician.. is that good enough for you??

Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Im canadain chief!!!!! but nice try. and what do I do here??? protest, write to MP's, spread awareness, and going to school to become a politician.. is that good enough for you??
Haha, but you thought you could discuss american politics and then use "I'm Canadian Chief" as a cop out

And no, its not a cop out, unless you want to ignore Canadians economic problems..

Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
ouch..... another person who just laps up the american dream crap whole heartedly as it continues to oppress you...
Its histerical that you would just announce your Canadian, and then pretend to have a flying fig knowledge about how "Conservatives" oppress us.. The humor in that will never be forgotten..
Quote:
I can work my butt off here in Canada too, and maybe get somewhere, if the high position, or hasn't aren't already given to the rich's persons next child, or their rich buddy, or some dude who payed them off...
ooh the humor never ends.. You first complain about the free market "americans" have, and now your complaining about the lack of free market in Canada. You can talk about working your butt off to get somewhere in Canada, but ONLY if those positions arent given to someone of political influence, or rich. Have you thought about creating your own company? Noo, that would actually mean working harder than you already do to support your oppressive canadian government. And yes, I have friends who live there who are VERY successful DESPITE the government, not because of it.
Quote:
however if I don't "make it", at least I don't have to worry about getting sick or or having an accident and not enough money to pay and possibly die..
We dont have to worry about that here either, by law EVERYONE in america receives medical care at a hospital regardless of their ability to pay. Maybe you've been listening to only liberal crap which says otherwise.
Quote:
The best things in our human history were created together, not apart.
Obviously you lack history knowledge of America. We were created to help each other by CHOICE, by not force. LOCAL government and LOCAL laws which dictate how much society will help one another.
Quote:
the idea of an individualist america is old an outdated. to say "our country was founded on it" is just ignorant. that was hundreds of years ago so naturally things would change!!
And dont think I have to go along with it. Its funny hearing a Canadian complain because they cant get a better job because of their oppresive government and "rich buying jobs", and then complain that Americans are not limited enough by government because the freedom idea is "old" and outdated.
Quote:
before the government, as it expanded west, would give people land to work with. they individually worked hard (where the individualist attitude and belief came from) and it was up to them if they succeeded or failed based on hard work. well there are no more land hand outs!!!
Those "free" lands were bought off the government, not FREE, and along with them came obligations to LOCAL governments, not federal. What is your point, that because there is no more "free land" that we should now support people who want other stuff "free"?
Quote:
The rich elite class is an exclusive dynastic group.
And they always will be. What you just criticized by your "buying a position" argument is because the elite get more elite as governments get more restrictive. Only freedoms and success of the individual make those "elite" no longer "elite"..

There was once a time when being a millionaire was considered "elite", now you need to be a billionaire, as times change, the definition changes, but that doesnt mean the elite are no longer elite, it just means that its more difficult to become one of them.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 AM

This is about american execs flying around not Canadian. didn't cop out

then I said you should support the left if your the "average citizen" didn't cop out

then you asked me how American politicians had effected me and helped me out: didn't cop out its just impossible.

I then said how I'm trying to make a difference here, in my country, on my own grounds, as best I can.

i really didn't understand what you were trying to say or how i copped out.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
the economy was kidnapped and held ransom by AIG and B of A. DC paid the money and we got back people we did not even want.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:57 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Whats the problem we pay for Obama to fly to nyc for dinner? We are paying thousands for Obamas white house to take a picture of Air force one around ny.

I was told its ok for Obama to do that on tax payers dime so the it should be ok for them also on tax payers dime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies