Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:50 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,400,769 times

Advertisements

Jesus also was pretty good at healing people.

I believe in universal health care, if it's good health care. I just don't want your liberal crap that you call health care.

See, you have to make a distinction between GOOD care, and universal care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 05:11 PM

50,106 posts, read 46,707,873 times
Just Americans or anyone that can somehow sneak into our borders?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Jesus preached charity. Charity that is not voluntary is not charity. Taxes (to support universal health care) is not voluntary but compulsory. So don't confuse welfare and Christian charity. If you want to follow Christ's example start a non-profit dedicated to providing poor people free health care. But don't use the power of government to fund your charitable aspirations.
Mark 12:17 >>
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at Him.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:47 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,824,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejuan2 View Post
This particular passage Mark 3:7-12 inspired me to create a bumper sticker on one of those create your own bumper sticker websites and I've received some interesting reactions from it. Most people like the sticker and some don't. It's interesting that pro-life supporters point to the scriptures as a basis for their argument. Well according to the scripture Jesus healed thousands of people, from the officials dying son, to the leper, the paralyzed man, the blind man at Bethsaida etc etc... Jesus never turned anyone away because of a pre-existing condition. He never sent anyone insurmountable bills that ultimately led to financial futility. He never rationed healthcare to those who could afford it, while excluding those who could not, and in his eyes healthcare was not a luxury, it was simply the Christian thing to do.

I am absolutely convinced that one cannot be a Christian and oppose comprehensive healthcare reform that would cover millions of sick and uninsured Americans.
Absolutely love this thread.
Unfortunately Christianity in America is now only used to discredit people or things that displeases the "christians".
Health is NOT a commodity and should be treated equally for everyone not just for people who can afford it as a luxury item. Shame on anyone who feels that medical treatment is the right of those who can afford it and something to aspire to by the poorer hard working Americans.
I am not religous but if there really was a Jesus he would be walking into every Insurance office and turning the tables over.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:49 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,221,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejuan2 View Post
This particular passage Mark 3:7-12 inspired me to create a bumper sticker on one of those create your own bumper sticker websites and I've received some interesting reactions from it. Most people like the sticker and some don't. It's interesting that pro-life supporters point to the scriptures as a basis for their argument. Well according to the scripture Jesus healed thousands of people, from the officials dying son, to the leper, the paralyzed man, the blind man at Bethsaida etc etc... Jesus never turned anyone away because of a pre-existing condition. He never sent anyone insurmountable bills that ultimately led to financial futility. He never rationed healthcare to those who could afford it, while excluding those who could not, and in his eyes healthcare was not a luxury, it was simply the Christian thing to do.

I am absolutely convinced that one cannot be a Christian and oppose comprehensive healthcare reform that would cover millions of sick and uninsured Americans.
Well, I'm sorry to inform you that you are absolutely wrong. Jesus "believed" no such thing, and you cannot prove that he did with scripture. What you are talking about are miracles which Jesus did. This was not because he believed in "universal healthcare", as you put it. He did these things to prove he was who he said he was (I know, you don't believe that. Too bad. It's true).

Find me one passage of scripture that supports your claim. Just one.

There was no such thing as "health care".

Finally, "universal health care" depends on someone else providing it; therefore, it is not a "right". Jesus never advocated theft of any kind, which is what you have when the government taxes one class more than another to provide services to the lesser class. That is not Christian.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Jesus also was pretty good at healing people.

I believe in universal health care, if it's good health care. I just don't want your liberal crap that you call health care.

See, you have to make a distinction between GOOD care, and universal care.
I have used Universal Care all my life and i now use both the UK and American Systems. I didn't realise how good the UHC in Great Britain was until i sampled the American Health Service. Americans demand a great health System and i know by using a UHC that it IS good health care and it is for Everyone. That is a fact and not a story made up by many on here to discredit a UHC. These people have NO experience of a UHC yet try to tell you that they do....absolute rubbish! America is the greatest country in the world with one of the Worst health services in the World...now that IS a fact.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Just Americans or anyone that can somehow sneak into our borders?
ANYONE who is NOT a American Citizen or legal resident will be given a bill for anything but emergency treatment. If they are Illegal they get their asssses kicked back to wherever they came from. A UHC is for Americans and legal residents and paid for by Americans and legal residents. I pay tax in America and i have no problem with paying higher taxes for the health of America. Pity some Americans don't feel that way towards their fellow Americans.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:29 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,551,795 times
why do "christians" hate the government?

do you not drive on our gov't funded highways, if your house is on fire do you not call the fire dep't because "you want gov't out of your life"?

why does half the country hate the gov't but at the same time shove patriotism and flag bumper stickers down our throats?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
why do "christians" hate the government?

do you not drive on our gov't funded highways, if your house is on fire do you not call the fire dep't because "you want gov't out of your life"?

why does half the country hate the gov't but at the same time shove patriotism and flag bumper stickers down our throats?
Common sense at last....well said.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:55 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,551,795 times
I'm wondering if these ''christians'' replying here want an immediate stop to ''faith based'' giving by the US Federal Gov't? You know, your tax dollars at work.

come on guys, let's shrink that gov't.

it's called hypocricy, look it up:

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did the work for you, in between waiting for my welfare checks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies