Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times

Advertisements

good god I am not proud to be an american. first we elect the american idol president, now we are protesting an election in iran? who cares about iran? how about we all butt out of that country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 05:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
You're correct we elected an idiot president, but the more protests world wide, the better..! We are a nation that supportds freedom, and should do what we say and help in any way we can, for the protesters to overthrow the government.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:59 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,501 times
We elected bush and we take people like sarah palin seriously! You're right we are a joke.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:59 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You're correct we elected an idiot president, but the more protests world wide, the better..! We are a nation that supportds freedom, and should do what we say and help in any way we can, for the protesters to overthrow the government.
screw that. every single time we get involved with the politics of another country, it comes back to bite us in the butt.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:00 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
good god I am not proud to be an american. first we elect the american idol president, now we are protesting an election in iran? who cares about iran? how about we all butt out of that country.
At least they were taking action and standing up for something. What have you stood up for lately?

Protesting is not the same as the USG getting involved.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
We elected bush and we take people like sarah palin seriously! You're right we are a joke.
I suppose if you it makes you feel spiffy to bring the governor of alaska up as well as an ex president, knock yerself out.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:02 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
thATS NOT 100% TRUE, ONLY IF IT SUITS ONES INTEREST! no matter how much rhetoric this country say we have always been a champ pf freedom i can look back at our history, and while we were helping others obtain freedom from dictatorships we didnt support we had citizens living in hell who were being dictated across the US statewide, local, and nationally BUT THAT WAS OKAY?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
At least they were taking action and standing up for something. What have you stood up for lately?

Protesting is not the same as the USG getting involved.
what have I stood up for lately? um, you mean in regards to iran? nothing, nor will I ever. protesters are a joke. what are they protesting? do they think the election was rigged? did the 50th hand account from the BBC tell them so?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
what have I stood up for lately? um, you mean in regards to iran? nothing, nor will I ever. protesters are a joke. what are they protesting? do they think the election was rigged? did the 50th hand account from the BBC tell them so?
Why do you argue against something you know so little about?

That is typical of many Americans

Old 06-21-2009, 06:08 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
one thing i like about other countries esp EU is that they are not afraid to rebel against their govermentS. we are! this is why many of our politicians get away with and do so much deceit sure they may get caught but some dont and those of who do get caught dont do any jail-time because they know so and so.

another thing i notice is that when there's protest against someone the US is aligned or close with politically the protestors then become called rioters, disrupters, terrorist. when its against someone the US hates then they are rebellions

**** dont make sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies