Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We the People voted them in and they are our Reps in Washingtoon. There is no requirement for them consult us on every issue they are supposed to reflect our (the People) opinions, most Americans have no issue with the government saying they are sorry for our governments past actions. Don't like their actions vote them out.
Casper
No, we the people did not vote them in. The vast majority of them obtained office with a majority of less than sixty percent. That leaves forty percent of us not represented by people we trust to represent us.

They are supposed to represent the will of the people as our voice, yet they obviously do not care as exampled by something like this. Sneaking this action through without any concern for those they respresent and how they feel about us. Who are the slaves?

As for your assumption of "most Americans" having no issue with this apology, how do you know? Were the people asked? You just said that the government can do whatever it wants without consultation of the people so it appears that you acknowledge big brother. They did not ask and you go along with there actions and declare, without any evidence, that they are the will of the majority of tyhe people. Take a look at the responses on this thread for an idea of the will of the people. Hardly a consensus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:40 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times
What was the first commodity sold on Wallstreet?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yes, and I have seen Jim Crowism in adtion even in the 1980s.
You can find bigotry anywhere, if you look to find it. It is a matter of perception. Just look at the comments in this thread. Doesn't mean that it's there.

Last edited by Arjay51; 06-25-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
We Even Pres. Bush said that the effects of slavery still linger in the lives of present day Black Americans.''My nation's journey toward justice has not been easy, and it is not over,'' Bush said. ''The racial bigotry fed by slavery did not end with slavery or with segregation.''
Amazing! Rag on Bush, complain about everthing he did or said and how terrible he was. That is, until he says something that you support. Then he is a source to be admired and quoted. Tunnel vision bigotry.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
You can find bigotry anywhere, if you look to find it. It is a matter of perception. Just look at the comments in this thread. Doesn't mean that it there.
I get it. Three days ago I am walking down a main drag after picking up some Chinese food, and some idiots in a passing car yell NI@@ER at me, but I'm just perceiving that they're racist............

Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I get it. Three days ago I am walking down a main drag after picking up some Chinese food, and some idiots in a passing car yell NI@@ER at me, but I'm just perceiving that they're racist............
Do you consider yourself to be what they called you? If so, what is your problem? Aren't you being as racist as you claim they are by hating them for what you see as an insult? If not, it makes no more difference than this apology. It is all how you perceive it.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Do you consider yourself to be what they called you? If so, what is your problem? Aren't you being as racist as you claim they are by hating them for what you see as an insult? If not, it makes no more difference than this apology. It is all how you perceive it.

Well, if someone is directing this word at me, with its legacy of dehumanization and hate, that means, for some reason, they hate me. Not a devastating thought, but certainly not uplifting. No, I'm not being racist at all for not liking someone I have never seen for directing that word at me. That's just silly.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
And your last sentence is based on your opinion...not everyone may think that way...
No, my last sentence was based on FACT!

Our economy is crumbled to dust, unemployment is too high, we have the mess in the sandbox, the deal with Iran, and now NK is wanting to try and assert power.

All the time, there are people forgoing food and essential meds, just to pay bill and rent.

I (and any other RATIONAL thinking human in the country) would say those are FAR more important than an apology, that has been given more than once already in the past.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,231 times
Again.....What was the first commodity sold on Wallstreet?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Again.....What was the first commodity sold on Wallstreet?
Before or after it was formalized (1792)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies