Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,828,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I was responding to your broad generalization of the educational level of these people. I believe your responding to something totally different. I did not give my opinion on whether or not they are or are not racists, bias or idiots.

my point is that education is relative. bush went to yale for crying out loud. I know all kinds of educated idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,600,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Judging for the initial responses, its pretty evident that most are pretty ignorant of the complex history of the NOI. Certainly the basic precepts of the Nation are based upon a ridiculous formulation that has little to do with Islam proper and more to do with the wild rantings of a long dead lunatic who had more in common with Brigham Young than one might initially think.

To go into the history and make up of the NOI would take considerable time and effort, it is a story that complex and contradictory. Is it racist, or a product of racism... I tend to believe that later to be the case, which by the way is no excuse for the racial invective which underlies its teachings as even Malcolm X came to recognize before his untimely assassination (is there such a thing as a timely assassination?).

This is correct. Muslims do not recognize this spurious "religion" and NOI has little in common with real Islam. Well, except for their propensity to violence.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,966,850 times
Default I disagree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
As former N.Y. law enforcement..I can tell you 100% that this group is racist and murdering. (just look what happened to Malcom X)
They do NOTHING to help the black community,nothing! They rule there areas with a iron fist and most blacks do NOT like or agree with them.
Everything they do is to meet there OWN ends and NOT the communities.
I know that the NOI has mentioned some very racist comments about White people, that I disagree with!

But here is the difference between the NOI and The Klan or Skin Heads.

NOI membership has Blacks, Arab, Asian, Hispanic and White members.

The Klan and Skin heads- 100% White with some other ethnic groups that are not Black.

The NOI helped millions of Black men in the inner-city change their lives by being devoted in Islam.

I'm not a NOI member but they did help Blacks that were in the inner-city.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:28 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,596,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I know that the NOI has mentioned some very racist comments about White people, that I disagree with!

But here is the difference between the NOI and The Klan or Skin Heads.

NOI membership has Blacks, Arab, Asian, Hispanic and White members.

The Klan and Skin heads- 100% White with some other ethnic groups that are not Black.

The NOI helped millions of Black men in the inner-city change their lives by being devoted in Islam.

I'm not a NOI member but they did help Blacks that were in the inner-city.
Sorry to say, your out of your league on this 1.
I have delt with this group for many yrs...they are racist and murdering..End of story.

This has nothing to do with the klan or skin heads...there racist as well as NOI...and?

I'll say this again...everything they do is to meet there "own" ends not the community.

So everyone who "thinks" they know....have fun with this thread.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Default I hate Racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Sorry to say, your out of your league on this 1.
I have delt with this group for many yrs...they are racist and murdering..End of story.

This has nothing to do with the klan or skin heads...there racist as well as NOI...and?

I'll say this again...everything they do is to meet there "own" ends not the community.

So everyone who "thinks" they know....have fun with this thread.
But I witness with my own eye's many people that changed their lives. Once felons who didn't care about no man( Black, White, Asian, Hispanic or others), start helping kids in the hood that need guidance!

I'm a Christian!!

But I do not know of any Racist that will help poor kids in the Ghetto!!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
my point is that education is relative. bush went to yale for crying out loud. I know all kinds of educated idiots.

LMAO..point well taken.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Default Racist are IDIOTS!

"When you hate the other person who suffers is you, because most of the people you hate don't know it and the others don't care. (Medgar Evers)

I hate racist with a passion!!!!

Blacks that killed their own people are Racist also!

I despise people that don't want to snitch when they know who the murderer is! That person is a Klan member that will allow a murderer to walk around free!!

Just like the judicial system during the time this legend (Medgar Evers) was killed!!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 PM

69 posts, read 62,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Final, you would be amazed, although many were formerly in prison. More often for non-violent crimes, but there are Many that are very educated.
Don't bother, let him have his fun...

Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,927,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
This is correct. Muslims do not recognize this spurious "religion" and NOI has little in common with real Islam. Well, except for their propensity to violence.
While I am no defender of the NOI, what propensity to violence would that be, and for that matter what propensity to violence is indicative to almost a billion Muslims?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:15 PM

67 posts, read 227,034 times
Snoop Dogg is surprisingly a NOI member. It's interesting because his lifestyle doesn't really represent what NOI stands for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies