Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:56 PM

45,114 posts, read 60,214,676 times

Advertisements

Very common belief among many minorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 01:09 PM

727 posts, read 1,887,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just.. wow.

how do you figure this to be, exactly?
Quote:
"Blacks can't be racists because they don't have the power and infrastructure to support superiorty, discrimination, and subjugation via systems. Every race can hate but their are more components to racism than sheer hate. Whites who are the only possessors of racism ever to have executed in North America have all of these components and have always been racist in America. I never seen any white men hanging from trees or blacklisted for being white. If you fine a case of it it is few and far between."
Just like a woman cant be sexist! The world isnt run by women or blacks....Black President really doesnt count in this instance. Because One he is not a traditional AA....His mom is white and his father is Nigerian(?)

Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 PM

380 posts, read 708,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nation of Islam is considered a controversial group because of their history.

Black Muslims in America in general are not considered controversial unless they are associated with the Nation of Islam and that's because of Farrakahn and his involvement with the group in my belief.

From what I understand some people in the African American community sees them as a "black empowerment movement" type of group because they place their ethnicity, and are motivated by black American issues above everything else.

There are many websites around to read about the Nation of Islam the history of the group is very interesting and begins with Malcolm X for the most part.

If you read about Malcolm X's life and how he died you may form an opinion of the Nation of Islam and understand them better.

There is a movie that Denzel Washington made about the life of Malcolm X, it's very compelling, I recommend you rent that movie.
The Nation of Islam did not "begin with Malcolm X for the most part." They were founded in 1930. Malcolm X left the NOI due to the hypocritical behavior of its leader & Malcolm's spiritual guide Elijiah Muhammed. If you can, read "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" instead of the movie. While it is a great movie I feel Spike Lee took to much liberty with his "artistic license" and manipulated the truth a bit.
Are they a racist organization? If you can purchase a copy of the newspaper they publish called "THE FINAL CALL" which is sold on street corners in many black neighborhoods by members of the NOI. You cant miss them, they are usually impeccably dressed and sport a bow tie. If you find one (last time I bought one it was $1) turn to the back page and check out the section called "WHAT THE MUSLIMS WANT" and get ready to be entertained, to say the least.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,973,597 times
Default B ez!

Quote:
i'm sure you know some racist people; if you don't, you're certainly not paying attention.

interesting how some people will frantically twist and wriggle to avoid confronting the fact that the current leader of the nation of islam is an out-and-out racist
I know Racist from almost all ethnic groups! I know the difference between a hater and a good person.

Twist and wriggle, WTF!!

What's your point?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I know Racist from almost all ethnic groups! I know the difference between a hater and a good person.

Twist and wriggle, WTF!!

What's your point?
what's my point? i don't see how you could possibly have missed it

here it is, one more time, highlighted for the blind:

Quote:
interesting how some people will frantically twist and wriggle to avoid confronting the fact that the current leader of the nation of islam is an out-and-out racist
would you say that louie farrakhan is a hater, or a good person?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
The Nation of Islam did not "begin with Malcolm X for the most part." They were founded in 1930. Malcolm X left the NOI due to the hypocritical behavior of its leader & Malcolm's spiritual guide Elijiah Muhammed. If you can, read "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" instead of the movie. While it is a great movie I feel Spike Lee took to much liberty with his "artistic license" and manipulated the truth a bit.
Are they a racist organization? If you can purchase a copy of the newspaper they publish called "THE FINAL CALL" which is sold on street corners in many black neighborhoods by members of the NOI. You cant miss them, they are usually impeccably dressed and sport a bow tie. If you find one (last time I bought one it was $1) turn to the back page and check out the section called "WHAT THE MUSLIMS WANT" and get ready to be entertained, to say the least.
Muslim Program

I wasnt entertained......I agree with most of their points! It wasnt entertaining when young black men were beat to death for staring in the direction of white women......It wasnt entertaining when black people were sprayed with fire hoses for standing up for their rights.........It wasnt entertaining when we had to fight to get equal voting rights......none of that entertaining.......

Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 PM

It is entertaining that the Jewish community basically has the same quality of life that muslims(NOI) wants yet no one says that Jew's are "racist".

Old 06-24-2009, 02:46 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,973,597 times
Default O no!!!!

Quote:
what's my point? i don't see how you could possibly have missed it

here it is, one more time, highlighted for the blind:

would you say that louie farrakhan is a hater, or a good person?
OMG! Really!

HMMM!

I would say he is a lover of Black people and a hater of people like you!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
"Blacks can't be racists because they don't have the power and infrastructure to support superiorty, discrimination, and subjugation via systems. Every race can hate but their are more components to racism than sheer hate.
our BLACK president doesn't have power or infrastructure!? good lord

say, i don't have the power or infrastructure to subjugate anyone 'via systems', whatever that means, if my life depended on it.
are you saying i therefore couldn't be racist?

Quote:
Whites who are the only possessors of racism ever to have executed in North America have all of these components and have always been racist in America. I never seen any white men hanging from trees or blacklisted for being white. If you fine a case of it it is few and far between."
zebra murders, courtesy of those fine, non-racist folks at NOI:

Quote:
The Zebra murders were the work of one unit of the Death Angels, a group within the Nation of Islam. According to the NOI's beliefs, the white race was created by a black scientist named Yakub. Furthermore, the Death Angels believed that they could earn "points" towards Paradise when they died if they killed as many whites as possible. The NOI's teachings presented whites not as human beings, but variously as "blue-eyed devils," "white devils," and "grafted snakes."
i suppose these vicious murders weren't done by racists though, since the murderers didn't have 'infrastructure' or 'systems' or whatever loopy excuses you can cook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Just like a woman cant be sexist! The world isnt run by women or blacks....Black President really doesnt count in this instance. Because One he is not a traditional AA....His mom is white and his father is Nigerian(?)
what?? not a traditional AA?
what the he11 does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
earlier you told us that 'power' and 'infrastructure' were the critical components, and now you add this supremely loopy criteria?

Old 06-24-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
OMG! Really!
why OMG?

yes. really.

Quote:
HMMM!

I would say he is a lover of Black people and a hater of people like you!
right. a racist.

so you think it's happytimes that the leader of the NOI hates people like me simply because of skin color, and that's just fine with you.

got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies