Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
I dont watch cable news shows 10 41.67%
I watch cable news shows 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
I don't watch anything cable. We don't have it. I listen to the informed talk show hosts on the radio.
You are joking right? You have to be joking. You can't put informed and radio talk show hosts in the same sentence and be serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 12:40 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
I watch Olbermann every night.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:37 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally posted by: Badger
here's another vote for The Economist. It's a British weekly magazine , a subscription costs quite a bit in America, usually over $100 but it's worth it. Of course you can alway read at least some of it online.

they have divisions for the US, Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East & Africa in addition to reg. deptartments on Businesss, Finance, Science and Technology, Book reviews, and an obituary.

I get none of my news from America anymore save for a bit from PBS shows like Jim Lehrer or Frontline every now and again, but that's it and that has become quite rare now. UK, Germany, Australia, BBC America, the CBC, anywhere but the US.

The Economist and the world media tend to be more fact based in their reporting and serious. Of course they tend to follow international stories much greater.

I often hear about and read several articles in the Economist about a certain story before it is shown in america.

I highly encourage others to get their media from foreign sorces, with the internet everything is available, from radio to podcasts to video to newspapers. It's all there and there's no excuse for not being informed.
I completely agree. I also recommend the UK Telegraph and the Times. Fortunately I read French and Italian so I try to get some news out of there too. Foreign media is so much less BS-ish than ours. Our guys put the journalism profession to shame.

Quote:
Originally posted by Upton
Obviously Faux News is nothing but GOP propaganda ...that's why you need commentators like Olbermann and Maddow to point out the lies and hypocrisy that Faux tries to get away with.
Are you serious Upton? You actually think Olbermann and Maddow tell the complete truth every night and no spin? Well then you're no better than those hannitized dittoheads. Keith Olbermann is a liberal Rush Limbaugh, a arrogant man with a desk and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies