Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:13 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,246,231 times

Advertisements

Tonight, Chris Matthews looked genuinely puzzled, and wondered why the Republican Party has so many "strange" people in its vanguard. Palin, Jindal, Rohrbacher, Sanford, Ensign--all decidedly "strange" people.

Not to mention its "base":

GOP Women's Group In MD: 'Obama And Hitler Have A Great Deal In Common'

What is wrong with these people? How can people be so insanely hateful?

And the Republican Party wonders why it lost the election and continues to shrink. . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 AM

220 posts, read 646,489 times
As opposed to strange democrats?

And as for being insanely hateful, I personally have found that more to be in line with the democratic party as well but thats just my personal experience.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 AM

491 posts, read 923,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Tonight, Chris Matthews looked genuinely puzzled, and wondered why the Republican Party has so many "strange" people in its vanguard. Palin, Jindal, Rohrbacher, Sanford, Ensign--all decidedly "strange" people.

Not to mention its "base":

GOP Women's Group In MD: 'Obama And Hitler Have A Great Deal In Common'

What is wrong with these people? How can people be so insanely hateful?

And the Republican Party wonders why it lost the election and continues to shrink. . . .
Are they hateful, or do you just dislike the comparison to Hitler?

Democrats can be just as hateful and bigoted as Republicans. I learned that the hard way. You can't judge someone and demonize them based on party affiliation.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,684,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post

Democrats can be just as hateful and bigoted as Republicans. I learned that the hard way. You can't judge someone and demonize them based on party affiliation.
Rep point to you for your honesty.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 AM

Don't you wonder--even a little bit--why the Republican Party is a joke to the majority of Americans? Until you begin to face the truth of the face of your party, instead of looking over, under and around it for the face of those demon Democrats--your party will continue to die a slow death.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:

Yes, they are hateful. Comparing Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler is hateful.

Individual democrats CAN be just as hateful and bigoted as individual Republicans. But the Republican "base" blows the Democratic "base" out of the water when it comes to hatefulness--or perhaps you were checked out during the campaign? And didn't see the lovely people at Palin's rallies? Like Palin herself, they were full of racial hatred and rage.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 AM

220 posts, read 646,489 times
The crazies from the westboro baptist clan are dems- they are about as hateful as they come.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,891,201 times
Quote:
You're right.

I know a great deal of folks from both parties who are absolutely stellar.

Hate knows no bounds though and is not exclusive to race, political affiliation, or status.

Everyone, regardless of who they are, or where they come from, can either hate, or not. The choice is entirely up to each individual to make.

It's usually the really stupid folks that make the choice to hate ...

Just sayin'

Old 06-24-2009, 12:35 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,684,228 times
Quote:
Don't you wonder--even a little bit--why the Republican Party is a joke to the majority of Americans? Until you begin to face the truth of the face of your party, instead of looking over, under and around it for the face of those demon Democrats--your party will continue to die a slow death.
Link?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 AM

491 posts, read 923,918 times
Quote:
Yes, they are hateful. Comparing Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler is hateful.

Individual democrats CAN be just as hateful and bigoted as individual Republicans. But the Republican "base" blows the Democratic "base" out of the water when it comes to hatefulness--or perhaps you were checked out during the campaign? And didn't see the lovely people at Palin's rallies? Like Palin herself, they were full of racial hatred and rage.
It is extreme and, IMHO, out of place, to be sure, but I'm not sure I would call it "hateful." They are just trying to attach a negative connotation onto BO, and that has been done throughout America's political history, regardless of whether it's Dems or Repubs.

I agree that the Republican base is leaps and bounds above the Dems when it comes to these things, but I think that is why they are where they are now. The party is splintering severely because there are too many interests and perspectives competing for domination. I see the fallout of the party as a good and productive thing, because it allows them to rebuild themselves on a more inclusive, modern, and moderate platform. At least, that's what I hope will happen. They just need to get rid of the extremist/racist/right-wing/evangelical element and it'll all be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies