Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,096,576 times

Advertisements

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that a man who cares so little for children that he wouldn't think it important that they have safe schools and useable text books would not give much thought to his own 4 little children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,577,518 times
Sometimes we all just need to get away from it all for a little bit. We shouldn't fault a person for doing that.

I agree though that he should have at least notified his family and transferred power temporarily to Lt. Gov until his return.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,309,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You don't even know that his wife did not know where he was, and yet you comment as if you know the details of the story.

The issue is not him taking time off. Read through the thread.
Not that it matters,because you just seem to want to assume he is pulling a John Edwards or something.

The Associated Press: Spokesman: SC governor hiking Appalachian Trail

Quote:
"He was writing something and wanted some space to get away from the kids," Jenny Sanford told The Associated Press while vacationing with the couple's four sons at their Sullivans Island beach house. She said she didn't know where he was, but wasn't concerned.
The liberals were probaly more concerned than his wife lol

Old 06-22-2009, 10:50 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,577,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Not that it matters,because you just seem to want to assume he is pulling a John Edwards or something.

Do you think Sanford's wife knew where he was but she just didn't want to tell the media?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
It's so funny that you right wingers bash Obama, who's a good dad, and defend this guy, who runs out on his family and has to be covered up for. Until his story falls apart, that is...then you'll attack the reporters who uncover the truth.

Funny, I mean sickening.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Do you think Sanford's wife knew where he was but she just didn't want to tell the media?
I have no idea.
Why does it matter so much to you?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's so funny that you right wingers bash Obama, who's a good dad, and defend this guy, who runs out on his family.

Funny, I mean sickening.
Nice word games.
Do you know he ran out on his family for a fact?
Who is bashing Obamas parenting on this thread?
Yeah it's funny.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times
Quote:

Are you so myopic that you can not see that not just liberals are taken aback by this? A man disappears for days, doesn't tell his wife, with whom he has 4 children, where he is going or when he will be back. Oh, and he happens to run a state.

And I never implied that he was off doing something salacious.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Are you so myopic that you can not see that not just liberals are taken aback by this? A man disappears for days, doesn't tell his wife, with whom he has 4 children, where he is going or when he will be back. Oh, and he happens to run a state.

And I never implied that he was off doing something salacious.
Yes I see how you have given the situation and the Governor the benefit of the doubt.
Myopic? Thats been your game on this thread.You can't see past your partisan nose.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
Quote:
Nice word games.
Do you know he ran out on his family for a fact?
Who is bashing Obamas parenting on this thread?
Yeah it's funny.
How are they word games? Obama *is* a good dad. This other guy put himself ahead of his kids, on Father's Day weekend...didnt even check in for four days. It's amazing to see you people defend that, or pretend it didnt happen. I do look forward to the frantic spin to come though, and its unraveling....should be funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies