Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Obvious is it NOT Trig.
It IS trig with his mom at the RNC convention.

Are really going to try and deny this?

Quote:
If this was a picture of Obama holding his child, with a Teleprompter pasted on the child's head, Sanrene would be LOL'ing it up with a new TOTUS thread.
This made me laugh. Good one.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,100,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Then to top that off its being done to a special needs child

Somethings should be off limits and this is one of them

I find it funny that they ones defending this are in another thread throwing a fit saying that Fox messed with some adults pictures. So adults are fine to mess with but a special needs child is ok

Apples and Oranges Jadex. The blog photo is an editorial.
Fox skewed news, all the while claiming they are fair and balanced..

Old 06-25-2009, 02:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Apples and Oranges Jadex. The blog photo is an editorial.
Fox skewed news, all the while claiming they are fair and balanced..
Once again it is being done to a special needs child. Somethings should be off limits.

I would think that the peace loving liberals would be sticking up for a special needs child.

Fox news didnt put an R by his name right away but fixed it. Other news sources didnt put a d by democrat names. we can go tit for tat.

Liberals show your peace loving side and defend a special needs child.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:02 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,216,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's Eddie Burk. Do you even know who that is? Didn't think so.

I doubt he'd appreciate you calling his face a vile distortion, though I do agree he isn't all that palatable.
They transposed Burkes face over a picture of Palins Baby. its palins baby with a transposed face. Thety are again going after the children of Palin. You thinks it funny to make fun of severe needs kids by doing this?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:05 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I see your missing a few skills - in the original pic of palin on page 1 or 2, in the upper right corner there is a "Reuters" stamp, the same pic I posted towards the end of this thread doesn't have the stamp, it is from the NYpost, but still likely from Reuters.

So..how much of a fool do you feel like now?

The referred link is to my post with the first pic.
It doesn't have to have a "stamp" to be copyrighted. Are you completely out of touch, or just missing a few parts that count? I don't feel like a fool at all, and have no reason to do so. You on the other hand, are a real piece of work.

And the fact that you posted it twice , with or without the "stamp" doesn't make me a fool, it makes you a lawbreaker.

Vile! Putrid! Hogwash! Gobsmacked!

LMAO!

Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,283,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
They transposed Burkes face over a picture of Palins Baby. its palins baby with a transposed face. Thety are again going after the children of Palin. You thinks it funny to make fun of severe needs kids by doing this?
Get to know it:

par⋅o⋅dy  /ˈpærədi/ [par-uh-dee]

–noun
1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:11 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,022 times
It's just more poor taste. I'm not sure if it was an attack on Trig moreso than an attack on the Palin/Burk issue.

That being said, this is almost like the NY Post cartoon that showed police officers shooting a monkey (when Travis the monkey nearly killed that woman earlier this year) while saying "they'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill". How many of you thought this was poor taste as well?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
It doesn't have to have a "stamp" to be copyrighted.
That's what the poster was commenting on. Comprehension not your strong suit?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
To go on record I'm one of those "middlers". You know, I vote for the candidate, not the party. This last election was a no-brainer, so to speak.

The only thing I can say is that Palin brought much of this on herself and I am not surprised at the result. Shame, that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah she asked you all to laugh and make jokes and mess with her special needs child's picture.

What did she do to bring on someone changing her picture of her holding her special needs child? I'd like to hear this
My apologies. I didn't realize my post would be taken that way. Not at all what I was talking about. My meaning was more generic, not specific to this picture.

That said the recurrence of the phrase "special needs" in these posts is irrelevant to the point. The continued hammering on this aside only serves to sidestep the real issue; something that those who continually beat that drum are trying fervently to do. I'm sure that if the baby was not a specials needs child there would simply be a different drum to pound upon. This one is easily at hand.

I personally do not appreciate the picture. My distaste has nothing to do with special needs children.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Get to know it:

par⋅o⋅dy  /ˈpærədi/ [par-uh-dee]
A DS baby shouldn't be the target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.