Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 03:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,893,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Ever hear of audience? You may want to use the instrumentalist model of communication, faulty logic often does, but it is very out-of-date because it has been proven utterly fallible. Once you make your statements, it's up to the audience to determine their worth, logic, etc., in spite of a writer's best intentions.
I see that only goes one way in your reality, right? Your words are off limits, right?

Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,579,505 times
Cool Nice try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why - cause he posted a couple links he clicked on? Maybe he'll send them a letter.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/5263981-post2.html

Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
And now back to the misunderstood picture that is the topic of this thread.
Misunderstood? Did you see the CNN link - apparently she was getting in some pay back for her failed attempt in attacking Palin. Go for the kid, next.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Nice try...
Stay on topic - your deflection is off topic. Report the post.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM

Oh, well, look here;

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin hits back at ‘malicious’ photo « - Blogs from CNN.com

Quote:
Earlier this month Biegel filed an ethics complaint against Palin for wearing a jacket made by a company that sponsored her husband — a snow mobile racer — to a public event. An investigator ruled Palin had not acted wrongly and the Alaska governor accused Biegel "asinine political grandstanding."
She's not only a vile partisan democrat hack, she's also vindictive.

I guess a little payback was in order, in the form of an attack on her DS baby, for her frivolous complaint.

Yep, that's a dem/lib for you - can't get to the mother, try the child.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,532,753 times
Quote:
Right - after the Left pulled out all the stops in attacking her children, why, she should just toughen up, right?
Now that is an outright lie! Obama said: Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN.com

""Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president.""

You might think if you repeat the above lie often enough, everyone will come to believe it, but not as long as I am here to refute it.

16,579 posts, read 20,670,409 times
Quote:
Oh, well, look here;

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin hits back at ‘malicious’ photo « - Blogs from CNN.com

She's not only a vile partisan democrat hack, she's also vindictive.

I guess a little payback was in order, in the form of an attack on her DS baby, for her frivolous complaint.
Yep, that's a dem/lib for you - can't get to the mother, try the child.
At least you've stopped calling him "retarded."

8,299 posts, read 8,595,336 times
Quote:
I see that only goes one way in your reality, right? Your words are off limits, right?
Of course, not. Pick apart at will. Why would I have been arguing for audience otherwise? You are the one dismissing it entirely, as if the mere spewing of words makes them true. And logic shaping those words certainly helps.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,611,203 times
Quote:
When you are just blathering and ranting about something, it can be difficult and usually I value my time too much to bother. Your post was nonsensical.

And yet you answered my "nonsensical" post. Good word! Nonsensical gives the impression of your being superior in that the post and my rant were beneath your notice, and yet here I am responding to your (same) response to it. Twice now.

That was not the question. The question was about your conspiracy theory about my "changing" pics - since I blew that out of the water, I asked you if I were guilty of what you charged, wouldn't I have changed the first pic.

Keep up and pay attention.
I am paying attention. I'm paying attention to the fact that you are completely ignoring those parts of my post that you cannot defend, because what you did was wrong, and can never admit to being wrong.

The "conspiracy" bit was apologized for, remember? wiggle, wiggle my bad wiggle, wiggle.

Once again you only comprehend that which you can seemigly defend, and then never read what was written.

I am keeping up, but I sense attention deficiency in the air.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:55 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,579,505 times
Quote:
Stay on topic - your deflection is off topic. Report the post.
By all means....

Quote:

Please, stop pretending you care. It is really transparent that you don't.

'retardretardretardretardretardretard' - I feel better now.
Is this a better way to address the discussion of false outrage from the pretentious, comedic topic at hand? You forget, I've seen your glee at far more outrageous insults to the fabric of society's morality. Shall I post those as well, that is the nature of the discussion as you've stated it, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.