Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 07:17 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I'd use several words...

Rich, mostly conservative American business heads, who would rather pay Chinese workers pennies on the dollar to manufacture goods, than pay minimum wage to Americans to make these goods.

YAY CAPITALISM! YAY CORPORATE AMERICA!

ARBEIT MACHT FREIHEIT!
The Chinese have a fluorishing middle class. That "pennies on the dollar" business ain't gonna hunt anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The Chinese have a fluorishing middle class. That "pennies on the dollar" business ain't gonna hunt anymore.
Well it was hunting yesterday!

Did they shut down the factories?

Do tell!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So lets be real how much can I look forward to my elec bill going up now?

Lets ignore all I do to try and bring it down. thanks Washington for working for me and making my bills more then they should be.
I heard on c-span yesterday that, based on the numbers in the 300 page amendment, they predict utility bills will go up 20%.

Now what is worse though are other items.
Take your food, for example. The factory that makes the food will have higher utility bills and they will pass that on to us via the cost of the item.
Now the factory itself has to be clean so they will spend money to fix up their factory and that cost will be passed on to us. Get it now ?

The more steps in the process the more tax will get heaped on products and the more you will pay because each guy in the process has to pay something.

This tax is not only invasive but layered as well.

Hello Farmer Markets !!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So lets be real how much can I look forward to my elec bill going up now?

Lets ignore all I do to try and bring it down. thanks Washington for working for me and making my bills more then they should be.

Its not just your electric bill. Its everything you purchase. Costs will rise for producers, who will pass the cost on to you in the form of a hidden tax. If this thing passes the Senate, it has the potential to devastate the economy. Seriously. No hype. The CFO's of the big companies were ignored during the entire process. They provided input, warning Congress. This legislation is bad.

Who uses the most energy? Manufacturers. The same Democrats who want to bring outsourced jobs back to America just ensured that China, Mexico, and India will never have to compete with the US again. Look for the automakers to begin moving all operations offshore. Look for the last of the durable goods to move offshore. How can America compete with artificially high energy prices here and lower wages there?

The developing world already had an advantage from a labor-cost standpoint. The only saving factor was the cost of energy - as oil prices rose, net trade imbalance slowed. At some point, higher energy costs made it prohibitive to ship certain goods back to the US. We have just raised local energy prices, eliminating the last chance for the US to compete. China does not care about global warming, and neither does India. Been to Mexico City lately? Eastern Europe? Soon our air might have 3ppb less "crud", which is such an insignificant amount that no human could ever notice it. CO2 levels might decrease by an equally insignificant amount. The temperature will not change. The climate, which has always changed, will continue to change. And Americans will wake up one day wondering where all the jobs went.

Why did the Democrats want this? To ensure the death of the evil corporate America. Good job, Obama, you did it.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:31 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Obamabill. I think that says it all.
Pretty much. The same crowd that has bankrupted once financial giants such as California, New York and New Jersey is behind this monstrosity. Enough said?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Sure does, "unbiased" forum poster.
It is his bill, he owns it. The name fits perfect. Obama's bill=Obamabill. What does that have to do with bias? You lack any logical thinking on this one. Too bad!

BTW, are you stalking me? It's not that I care, I just am asking the question.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
It is his bill, he owns it. The name fits perfect. Obama's bill=Obamabill. What does that have to do with bias? You lack any logical thinking on this one. Too bad!

BTW, are you stalking me? It's not that I care, I just am asking the question.
Yes, you are sooo important.

This post explains a lot. Thank you.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:42 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Yes, you are sooo important.

This post explains a lot. Thank you.
Welcome, but you did not answer the question.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Welcome, but you did not answer the question.
Just because we tangled in a couple of threads at the same time, don't go getting ideas. Take 'er down a notch, Trigger. I am taken, and if I wasn't I'd still be more interested in petrified wood, than you.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:25 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
We had our 4th round of layoffs on Friday again, while he keep hiring more in India. So, it's hurting all right. It is dishonest to say it doesn't hurt America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies