Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:23 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"change the subject" The irony is killing me.
Don't be ashamed of your parrot-hood (repeating a simple word or phrase, but understanding little else).

You are far from alone on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Don't be ashamed of your parrot-hood (repeating a simple word or phrase, but understanding little else).

You are far from alone on this forum.
How is Obamas plan working my little answer man? I mean besides the unemployment thing. You got nothing. Spend baby spend.

This is what got us out of the mini depression. Mini because of less government spending and meddling.

Federal spending
1920 $6.3 billion
1921 $5 billion
1922 $3.2 billion

Federal taxes
1920 $6.6 billion
1921 $5.5 billion
1922 $4 billion

yea why do something that works.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
How is Obamas plan working my little answer man? I mean besides the unemployment thing. You got nothing. Spend baby spend.

This is what got us out of the mini depression. Mini because of less government spending and meddling.

Federal spending
1920 $6.3 billion
1921 $5 billion
1922 $3.2 billion

Federal taxes
1920 $6.6 billion
1921 $5.5 billion
1922 $4 billion

You might want to look at little farther back than January 20, 2009 for your analogy there, fella.

You betcha.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Basically Obama and the democrats are getting what they created;a media that is dependent on their sources . But now the democrats are the target of these sources that the news media depends on.When you are in power the media goes after you;when your not they could careless because it doesn't sale. The republicans are going the same after eight years of constant attack against them. Its just the roles being reverse.Nothing new here.,

Old 07-01-2009, 12:11 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,760 times
Quote:

Federal spending
1920 $6.3 billion
1921 $5 billion
1922 $3.2 billion

Federal taxes
1920 $6.6 billion
1921 $5.5 billion
1922 $4 billion

Funny.
If you knew what you were talking about it would have taken all of 30 seconds to answer my question about your first post.

Instead you spend how many posts avoiding the question?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Funny.
If you knew what you were talking about it would have taken all of 30 seconds to answer my question about your first post.

Instead you spend how many posts avoiding the question?
LMAO You keep avoiding this question. How is Obamas plan working? Please list the examples where this type of "economic strategy" works. You have no answer, just foolish banter.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:53 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Gramm, Leach, Bailey plus "working group", signed by Bill Clinton.

NAFTA, signed by Bill Clinton.

When the two chambers could not agree on a joint version of the bill, the House voted on July 30th by a vote of 241-132 (R 58-131; D 182-1; Ind. 1–0) to instruct its negotiators to work for a law which ensured that consumers enjoyed medical and financial privacy as well as "robust competition and equal and non-discriminatory access to financial services and economic opportunities in their communities" (i.e., protection against exclusionary redlining).

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

YouTube - House Of Lies: How Congress Failed To Protect Our Economy. Obama Bombshell

YouTube - McCain's Early Recognition of Fannie/Freddie Crisis

YouTube - Congressional Democrats = Fannie & Freddie Economic Crisis

"The Federal Reserve may not permit a company to form a financial holding company if any of its insured depository institution subsidiaries are not well capitalized and well managed, or did not receive at least a satisfactory rating in their most recent CRA exam.

If any insured depository institution or insured depository institution affiliate of a financial holding company received less than a satisfactory rating in its most recent CRA exam, the appropriate Federal banking agency may not approve any additional new activities or acquisitions under the authorities granted under the Act."

CRA Amendments in the Gramm-Leach Act

Congress Passes Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999

Next time you're in Detroit, I'll take you on a tour of Detroit residential areas so you can see the burnt, vandelized and abandoned houses where your retirement plan went. The CRA is at the heart of the issue. Clinton sent Reno on a mission and the rest is NINJA loan history. Had S.190 not been greeted with a threatened Democrat filibuster, we would be talking about something else.
post links other than conservatively based then talk otherwise its nothing but slanted news

one thing though democrats do have the balls to admit wrong doing the other guys well their to space headed

Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 AM

I missed the title of this earlier. Obamas twin, McCain, gets credit for bringing this to Congress in 2006 lmao.

Congressman Ron Paul
U.S. House of Representatives
July 16, 2002

"Free Housing Market Enhancement Act"
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2002/cr071602.htm

Ironically, by transferring the risk of a widespread mortgage default, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market. This is because the special privileges of Fannie, Freddie, and HLBB have distorted the housing market by allowing them to attract capital they could not attract under pure market conditions. As a result, capital is diverted from its most productive use into housing. This reduces the efficacy of the entire market and thus reduces the standard of living of all Americans.

However, despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the government’s interference in the housing market, the government’s policies of diverting capital to other uses creates a short-term boom in housing. Like all artificially-created bubbles, the boom in housing prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. Furthermore, the holders of the mortgage debt will also have a loss. These losses will be greater than they would have otherwise been had government policy not actively encouraged over-investment in housing.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:03 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
I missed the title of this earlier. Obamas twin, McCain, gets credit for bringing this to Congress in 2006 lmao.

Congressman Ron Paul
U.S. House of Representatives
July 16, 2002

"Free Housing Market Enhancement Act"
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2002/cr071602.htm

Ironically, by transferring the risk of a widespread mortgage default, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market. This is because the special privileges of Fannie, Freddie, and HLBB have distorted the housing market by allowing them to attract capital they could not attract under pure market conditions. As a result, capital is diverted from its most productive use into housing. This reduces the efficacy of the entire market and thus reduces the standard of living of all Americans.

However, despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the government’s interference in the housing market, the government’s policies of diverting capital to other uses creates a short-term boom in housing. Like all artificially-created bubbles, the boom in housing prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. Furthermore, the holders of the mortgage debt will also have a loss. These losses will be greater than they would have otherwise been had government policy not actively encouraged over-investment in housing.

No argument here. FDR really screwed us with feel-good nanny-state programs that solved the problems of the day but went too far giving government too much control of a free market that functions best when it controls itself.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
In this case, size does not matter.
I agree with your earlier statement the problem was caused by both dems and repubs. I feel the man in charge is the one I should hold responsible as well as my state representatives who voted for the bailout.

Bush is perhaps guilty of whistling past the grave yard on this one since he was aware of the potential problem going back to 2001. He and other prominent Republicans attempted oversight reform of OFFIEO (see S.190), but they didn't fight hard enough when they had control of the Congress. Democrats, including BO and the leadership, are without excuse and the people who drove the bus off the cliff. If Bush is guilty of putting out the fire with Dom Perignon, BO and the rest of the Democrats who were on the GSE payroll are guilty of that plus starting the fire in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies