U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Kerry served this country so that you can post bs here...
Lets see now. I think that Jon Carry served a full 4 months in Vietnam and got our with one "earned" Purple Heart plus one that the medic used tweezers to pull a piece of nearly non-existent metal out of his arm. Also, the metal from that horrible wound came from him firing a weapon too close to a rock after one of the enlisted men with some service told him not to do it.

What a hero he was. Isn't Jon Carry the man who while still in the Naval Reserve went to Paris to meet with the North Vietnamese government officials? Yeah I think he went twice. Jon Carry told all kinds of lies about the baby killers among the Americans from stories he got from men who had never been outside the country except going to Canada to avoid the draft.

Yep, Carry is a real hero who wrote all his own medal commendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yea Palin does scare me. If she manages to team up with Rove and win in 2012 who knows where the hell this country is going. Imagine the leader of the free world thinking she knows diplomacy because she grew up across the bay from a foreign country and that Africa is a country, a woman who can't even parent her own daughter. I am scared about the prospects of her being president. You'll see me and likely thousands of others applying for Canadian citizenship.
Were you one of those libs who promised to ship out for Canada if Bush won in 2004? Maybe you better head on out now so you won't have to make an idle threat this time.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM

16,885 posts, read 12,994,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So now dems are wishing Sarah Palin to go missing? By what means I wonder. He is a pathetic excuse for a man. Wishing harm to someone else is just not funny. When people go missing they are usually dead.

Sen. John Kerry added to his long list of lame joke attempts yesterday when he wished South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford's disappearance on Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Speaking to some business and civic leaders he had invited to Washington, Kerry quipped: "Too bad if a governor had to go missing it couldn�t have been the governor of Alaska. You know, Sarah Palin."

The partisan crowd chuckled, but there's nothing funny about Kerry's criticisms of the Alaska governor.

Newsmax.com - Sen. John Kerry Wishes Sarah Palin Had Gone Missing (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/kerry_palin_missing/2009/06/25/229028.html?s=al&promo_code=8229-1 - broken link)

lots of americans including veterans wish john "the flip flopper" kerry would go missing too.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 PM

21,364 posts, read 14,269,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So your telling me, a member of the National Guard who had been deployed to Iraq that President Bush who was also a member of the National Guard didn't serve? Lets talk when your head comes out from your a**
Bush joined the National Guard for the sole purpose of not being sent to Vietnam. And he couldnt even finish his enlistment.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wait a minute, Clinton was an anti-war advocate who went to England on a once-in-a-lifetime scholarship offer and Dubya was a warhawking rich boy who was nowhere to be found during the Vietnam war
Maybe you should take cuebald's suggestion and google George Bush before you say anything more foolish.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
His fellow soldiers! Nobody really wanted him in their units.
Oh really?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The words of the ones who ACTUALLY served with him:

"In 1969, I was Sen. Kerry's gun mate atop of the Swift boat in Vietnam. And I just wanted to let everyone know that, contrary to all the rumors that you might hear from the other side, Sen. Kerry's blood is red, not blue. I know, I've seen it.

"If it weren't for Sen. John Kerry, on the 28th of February 1969, the day he won the Silver Star . . .you and I would not be having this conversation. My name would be on a long, black wall in Washington, D.C. I saw this man save my life."

-Fred Short

"I can still see him now, standing in the doorway of the pilothouse, firing his M-16, shouting orders through the smoke and chaos . . Even wounded, or confronting sights no man should ever have to see, he never lost his cool.

I had to sit on my hands [after a firefight], I was shaking so hard . . He went to every man on that boat and put his arm around them and asked them how they're doing. I've never had an officer do that before or since. That's the mettle of the man, John Kerry."

-David Alston

"What I saw back then [in Vietnam] was a guy with genuine caring and leadership ability who was aggressive when he had to be. What I see now is a guy who's not afraid to tackle tough issues. And he knows what the consequences are of putting people's kids in harm's way."

- James Wasser

snopes.com: John Kerry Swift Boats

Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,969,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Lets see now. I think that Jon Carry served a full 4 months in Vietnam and got our with one "earned" Purple Heart plus one that the medic used tweezers to pull a piece of nearly non-existent metal out of his arm. Also, the metal from that horrible wound came from him firing a weapon too close to a rock after one of the enlisted men with some service told him not to do it.

What a hero he was. Isn't Jon Carry the man who while still in the Naval Reserve went to Paris to meet with the North Vietnamese government officials? Yeah I think he went twice. Jon Carry told all kinds of lies about the baby killers among the Americans from stories he got from men who had never been outside the country except going to Canada to avoid the draft.

Yep, Carry is a real hero who wrote all his own medal commendations.
I call BS. You know how rare it is to earn a 2 tainted purple hearts? This was a subject Kerry owned Bush in and the conservatives managed to turn the tables against him.

But either way, that's all a lot more than Bush or any republican president since Eisenhower can say about their military record. Kerry was in Vietnam "shooting himself and standing too close to bombs" while Dubya was doing kegstands and sniffing nose candy

Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,789,314 times
Quote:
So now dems are wishing Sarah Palin to go missing? By what means I wonder. He is a pathetic excuse for a man. Wishing harm to someone else is just not funny. When people go missing they are usually dead.

Sen. John Kerry added to his long list of lame joke attempts yesterday when he wished South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford's disappearance on Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Speaking to some business and civic leaders he had invited to Washington, Kerry quipped: "Too bad if a governor had to go missing it couldn�t have been the governor of Alaska. You know, Sarah Palin."

The partisan crowd chuckled, but there's nothing funny about Kerry's criticisms of the Alaska governor.

Newsmax.com - Sen. John Kerry Wishes Sarah Palin Had Gone Missing (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/kerry_palin_missing/2009/06/25/229028.html?s=al&promo_code=8229-1 - broken link)

Sure there is Go Kerry!!!!!! Sarah Palin is a total wacko!!

How about when the Republicans have nothing NICE TO EVER SAY ABOUT OBAMA?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you should take cuebald's suggestion and google George Bush before you say anything more foolish.
Anything I'm wrong about, feel free to correct me

Old 06-25-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So your telling me, a member of the National Guard who had been deployed to Iraq that President Bush who was also a member of the National Guard didn't serve? Lets talk when your head comes out from your a**
1. Bush was never deployed overseas
2. Bush went AWOL months after enlisting for the Nat Guard

I commend you for your services, but I would imagine someone in your shoes would understand what a phoney chickenhawk Dubya is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies