Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
50 year old men don't drop dead of heart attacks without a serious pre-existing problems with his heart. None of which has ever been mentioned, maybe they were able to keep it quiet of maybe the heart attack was brought on by something other then a heart condition, like mainlining cocaine would be my first guess.

Anyone as mentally out of it he was, would likely seek out drugs (legal or not legal) to get away from the pain, mental and physical pain. His doctors had better have their I's doted and their T's crossed because they are investigating this death.

I hope now that the mystery that was Michael Jackson comes out.

Frankly I was more touched and saddened by Farrah Fawcetts death this morning from the cancer she had been battling.
While I do agree with you I want to put a different spin on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Many detest Michael Jackson for his controversial history with the legal system. I also detest his actions but I would like to dissect it in a different way.

The man was performing since the age of 5, he became famous at the age of 8. He came from an abusive family the father is a notorious task master and that is well documented.

It's possible that when you put a child in the position of where Michael Jackson was at the age of 8 (Jackson 5 by this time were superstars), you may emerge from that with some "baggage" and with a flawed value system.

If you don't work in the entertainment industry to understand the intricate psychology of how it works (peer to peer) you can have an opinion certainly, but it is useless as an outside observer to comment about what you don't know first hand, and you may think you know about how "the business" works but you really don't. Especially in Michael Jackson's case as a child, he could have been taken advantage of (which is what I think happened to him - his mother Katherine was so weak behind Joe Jackson) and even if you have people around you who are supposed to be "advisers" throughout your career, they don't care about your mental capacity - they see dollar signs that's all they care about.

The man was worked like a horse throughout his childhood into young adult hood which most likely led to the body mutilation we saw with this great entertainer in his later life. He really hit super stardom in 1982 with the "Thriller" album and thereafter is when we saw the physical manifestation of body mutilation which I believe to be a direct affect of his mental anguish.

The fact that he was charged with pedophilia directly relates to his childhood, he often said he didn't have a childhood. Serial killers will eat their victims in order "to take the essence of their victim" into their body to get some "feeling" of strength. The same goes for pedophiles and Michael Jackson. It's disgusting, but that's the human mind, everyone is different the way they relate to their situation in life, and this man became fixated on children "of the age he was when he became famous" (preteen aged kids) to abuse.

Michael Jackson was a pedophile by all news accounts (more will come out now for sure because he is dead), but from my knowledge that is a direct result of his early life, home life, and possibly being forced to perform in an adult world at an early age. Nobody knows for sure what he had to endure as a child to become famous.

I believe he only had "yes men" around him throughout his career allowing him to run freely doing whatever he wanted without any filter.

His mother was weak, his father was incontrovertible with regard to how this kid was to perform.

In the days to come there will be many many things said about Michael Jackson.

I will choose to read through everything. Good and bad.

What comes out should be a lesson to stage mothers.

We see that today, the Lindsay Lohans, the Brittney Spears....

It continues.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
How can you mourn somebody you never met, never knew, and never had any contact or relationship with whatsoever?
Don't you think that this statement is somewhat ignorant? When Princess Diana died, did you see how many people that mourned her death? What about John F. Kennedy Jr? What about Elvis? There are so many cases of people mourning the death of others that they never personally met, right? Surely that concept doesn't completely escape you.

Last edited by davey123; 06-25-2009 at 08:58 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Many detest Michael Jackson for his controversial history with the legal system. I also detest his actions but I would like to dissect it in a different way.

The man was performing since the age of 5, he became famous at the age of 8. He came from an abusive family the father is a notorious task master and that is well documented.

It's possible that when you put a child in the position of where Michael Jackson was at the age of 8 (Jackson 5 by this time were superstars), you may emerge from that with some "baggage" and with a flawed value system.

If you don't work in the entertainment industry to understand the intricate psychology of how it works you can have an opinion, but it is useless as an outside observer to comment about what you don't know first hand, and you may think you know about how "the business" works but you really don't. Especially in Michael Jackson's case as a child, you could be taken advantage of and even if you have people around you who are supposed to be "advisers" throughout your career, they don't care about your mental capacity - they see dollar signs that's all they care about.

The man was worked like a horse throughout his childhood into young adult hood which most likely led to the body mutilation we saw with this great entertainer in his later life. He really hit super stardom in 1982 with the "Thriller" album and thereafter is when we saw the physical manifestation of body mutilation which I believe to be a direct affect of his mental anguish.

The fact that he was charged with pedophilia directly relates to his childhood, he often said he didn't have a childhood. Serial killers will eat their victims in order "to take the essence of their victim" into their body to get some "feeling" of strength. The same goes for pedophiles and Michael Jackson. It's disgusting, but that's the human mind, everyone is different the way they relate to their situation in life, and this man became fixated on children "of the age he was when he became famous" (preteen aged kids) to abuse.

Michael Jackson was a pedophile by all news accounts (more will come out now for sure because he is dead), but from my knowledge that is a direct result of his early life, home life, and possibly being forced to perform in an adult world at an early age. Nobody knows for sure what he had to endure as a child to become famous.

I believe he only had "yes men" around him throughout his career allowing him to run freely doing whatever he wanted without any filter.

His mother was weak, his father was incontrovertible with regard to how this kid was to perform.

It continues.
There's no excusing or sugar-coating Jackson's sick life. Plenty of child stars grew up okay (Donny Osmond is from the same era, and he didn't turn into a public freakshow).

Jackson's legacy will not be his music. It will be that he was, more likely than not, a pedophile who sexually molested children and then paid people off to cover it up.

He likely died of a self-inflicted overdose of legal or illegal drugs. His life is nothing to celebrate. And coming from a dysfunctional family only explains Jackson's crimes, it doesn't excuse them.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:

If you don't work in the entertainment industry to understand the intricate psychology of how it works (peer to peer) you can have an opinion certainly, but it is useless as an outside observer to comment about what you don't know first hand, and you may think you know about how "the business" works but you really don't. Especially in Michael Jackson's case as a child, he could have been taken advantage of (which is what I think happened to him - his mother Katherine was so weak behind Joe Jackson) and even if you have people around you who are supposed to be "advisers" throughout your career, they don't care about your mental capacity - they see dollar signs that's all they care about.

It continues.
Very well put. His family saw him as a money machine. He used to be a wonderful music artist though.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:52 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
I can tell you what I haven't done. I have never sexually molested children.

Enough said.

umm nor did he.. he was acquitted and those that accused were found to be doing so purely for money, not facts.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
umm nor did he.. he was acquitted and those that accused were found to be doing so purely for money, not facts.
You're very naive, aren't you? I bet you think O.J. is innocent too..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM

728 posts, read 1,676,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
His musical ability in the pop world, yes. But he was hardly, as one caller on CNN said, "the greatest artist who ever lived."
Not sure about the "greatest." He will be remembered,however, as one of the Giants in the music industry. Does he deserve to be in the same category as Elvis, or the Beatles? I think so. MJ could have been the greatest if he could have kept his run throughout the 1990's. Sadly, his last twenty years has been marred by odd behavior and allegations of abuse. RIP, MJ.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 PM

486 posts, read 983,941 times
Great observations LuckyGem!
I agree with you.

Quote:

It continues.

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Which never proved he was innocent, only that a jury was gaga over him, much like many of the celebreties in LA and elsewhere. Just because anyone is found not guilty or acquited does not mean they are innocent. It means they had the money to fight the charges is all.

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times
Quote:
There's no excusing or sugar-coating Jackson's sick life. Plenty of child stars grew up okay (Donny Osmond is from the same era, and he didn't turn into a public freakshow).

Jackson's legacy will not be his music. It will be that he was, more likely than not, a pedophile who sexually molested children and then paid people off to cover it up.

He likely died of a self-inflicted overdose of legal or illegal drugs. His life is nothing to celebrate. And coming from a dysfunctional family only explains Jackson's crimes, it doesn't excuse them.

And of course you were physically there to witness all these things. Not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies