U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,431,025 times

Advertisements

for his family and his death. His music made me feel alive, happy, and very few entertainers have been able to do that.

Putting all the controversy surrounding him aside......I saw no color, but a greatly- gifted man. When he was entertaining, he was like a breath of fresh air, like trying to encompass thunder, lightening, and power into a bottle.........

Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 PM

19,216 posts, read 12,941,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Michael Jackson will always be revered as the legend that he was. He was an obsolete genius and a great humanitarian.
Did he hate animals?

He looks like the type that never had a pet.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM

26,188 posts, read 18,890,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
An "obsolete genius"?
heh, that caught my eye, too.

malapropism, or honest statement?

you decide..

Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
for his family and his death. His music made me feel alive, happy, and very few entertainers have been able to do that.

Putting all the controversy surrounding him aside......I saw no color, but a greatly- gifted man. When he was entertaining, he was like a breath of fresh air, like trying to encompass thunder, lightening, and power into a bottle.........
Yeah, my friend always talks about this one time she watched my ex & I at the bar getting a drink & I think it was "Beat It" that came on & him & I started dancing together. She though it was cute. Anyway, not that it has anything to do w/his death, just an example of his impact.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,392,230 times
Quote:
Michael Jackson will always be revered as the legend that he was. He was an obsolete genius and a great humanitarian.

His good deeds do not outweigh all his bad deeds.

His good deeds were erased by his problems.

His legend was tarnished and he will be remembered as the man who had it all right in his hands and blew it.

I liked his music and talent, but once he become weird and craved little boys that all ended for me and many others.

I will remember him more for paying off the parents of the little boy he molested then his music.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
His good deeds do not outweigh all his bad deeds.

His good deeds were erased by his problems.

His legend was tarnished and he will be remembered as the man who had it all right in his hands and blew it.

I liked his music and talent, but once he become weird and craved little boys that all ended for me and many others.

I will remember him more for paying off the parents of the little boy he molested then his music.
Well granted unfortunately, many people will remember him for his later years. However, I will choose to remember him during his "Thriller" years, when I had a crush on him. I played his CD in my car today, "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" is by far one of his best songs. There is no denying to anyone that he was a legend & an icon.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
He was tuned in enough to know he never had the genius or talent of any of the Beatles - so he bought Apple Records thinking that would somehow endow him with their genius.

Kinda like, well if the Beatles are so great, how come I own them?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
He was tuned in enough to know he never had the genius or talent of any of the Beatles - so he bought Apple Records thinking that would somehow endow him with their genius.

Kinda like, well if the Beatles are so great, how come I own them?
Yeah, the Beatles thing was very odd & unfortunately demolished a good friendship between him & McCartney. However, in terms of genius or talent...he had that in spades, sorry.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yeah, the Beatles thing was very odd & unfortunately demolished a good friendship between him & McCartney. However, in terms of genius or talent...he had that in spades, sorry.
Practicing dance moves from the age of 5 is NOT talent - it is practice.

Thriller - Nothing but gimmick on meth.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:24 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,787,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then what's it doing in the politics folder?
We get it. You don't like Michael Jackson coz you're old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies