U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM

8,117 posts, read 5,791,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiami View Post
There will always be haters in this world.... ALWAYS... One Messege to ALL You Michael Jackson Haters....I hope it hurts reeaally bad when someone you trully love dies.. And then to top it off someone talks S***t about your loved one. ..maybe then you will have some respect for the dead and compassion for others while they grieve the loss of a loved one
Yes, there will always be hate. When Princess Diana died I had never seen such hateful remarks about this woman. I didn't understand because I couldn't figure out what this woman did to get that kind of hatred.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,002,119 times
Don't know if anyone has brought this up. But what's with Joe Jackson - promoting a record company by capitalizing on the publicity of his son's death.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Would Michael Jackson's work have been accepted and successful if he had never made any medical alterations to his head and body?

Or, was his altered appearance fundamental to his success as a performer?

A shallow or juvenile culture is heavily influenced by looks.

Was he right in doing what he did to his appearance in order for his work and his celebrity to succeed?
Good question. But I don't think the pigment changing in his face, helped him more. Because Thriller came out when he was still black. And That is the best selling album of all-time. He BROKE the color barrier when that album came out. And he did it with the previous album Off The Wall. Now the plastic surgery question, I'm not sure if that helped him. I highly doubt it.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
pba

410 posts, read 820,147 times
Default Michael Jackson died?

What???? I guess I need to get out more....Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Billy Mays, yes, it's been a very sad couple of weeks. Bet the sham-wow guy isn't as sad though.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,692,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Yes, there will always be hate. When Princess Diana died I had never seen such hateful remarks about this woman. I didn't understand because I couldn't figure out what this woman did to get that kind of hatred.
Because people suck.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,692,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
Bet the sham-wow guy isn't as sad though.
I'd bet he's looking over his shoulder right about now.....

Old 06-29-2009, 10:22 PM

26,297 posts, read 17,203,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I have to say that I think this is a really thoughtful post. I think Michael did give his all to us - not everyone appreciates his efforts but many people, like myself, do. I am truly amazed how easy it is for some people to harshly judge a man whose life was truly extraordinary. As human beings we are not meant to endure the type of fame - and the stress that comes with it - for the length of time that MJ did from such a young age. How can anyone condemn a person for not handling it well (in terms of his self destructive behavior) is beyond me.

As far as MJ being a pedophile... I don't believe that he was at all. I would think that by now, if his accusers really were molested, that one of them would have come out and told their story like the girl who was molested by Roman Polanski did. No one knows for sure though what happened and it annoys me that anyone would pretend like they know the truth for certain. What a tragedy it would be if Michael was falsely accused and endured the wrath of so many people unjustifiably? Michael's not even cold and in his grave yet... and there's people saying some really nasty and hateful things about him. I'm truly disgusted by this type of behavior (and you know who you are) but I guess some people don't give a second thought about speaking ill of the dead.

To all the fellow MJ fans. - thanks for being fair.
Somebody posted this story out of GQ that goes back a few years. I have not had a chance to read it in its entirety yet, but it makes me sick to my stomach to think that MJ was set up and how it must have haunted and sickened him to be thought of as a pedophile. As depressing as it would be to think how cruely he was treated by some, I hope the truth comes to light for Michael's sake and to finally shut the ugly mouths of the people that have condemned him. I watched him grow up and I am so saddened.

Was Michael Jackson Framed?

Old 06-30-2009, 03:33 AM

19,495 posts, read 20,840,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Don't know if anyone has brought this up. But what's with Joe Jackson - promoting a record company by capitalizing on the publicity of his son's death.
That would seem to be very much in character for the whole Jackson clan.

They are the type of people who are best avoided. Fortunately, at least one member is no longer sucking up oxygen and engaging in absurd imitations of life.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:18 AM

10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That would seem to be very much in character for the whole Jackson clan.

They are the type of people who are best avoided. Fortunately, at least one member is no longer sucking up oxygen and engaging in absurd imitations of life.
I'd find this funny if it wasn't so absurd.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 AM

19,216 posts, read 12,941,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
She got pregnant with a Muslim - the Queen's Prop Machine went into full overdrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies