U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:22 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,512,504 times

Advertisements

OH WHERE'S the OUTRAGE from the RIGHTIES!!!!!!!!!!!

NO comments from them????

All they got is their standard "But Clintion"...whiney whiney mewling...

Why no thread titles ""Sanford a Coward! Hides in South America" ??

HYPOCTITES!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 08:34 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,345,096 times
Being a non-partisian person myself, I'm anxiously observing all the things going on with the Sanford "affair" to see how it all turns out.

Wouldn't it be curious if most of the republicans who wanted Clinton impeached and removed from office end up supporting Sanford and wanting him to stay in office. Wouldn't it be equally curious if all the democrats who kept telling us regarding the Clinton "affair" that we weren't electing the man to be our moral leader or the Pope, ended up demanding Sanfords resignation for his sexual moral failings.

I can't wait to see this all play out. I just have this sinking feeling that we're about to see the hyprocritical nature of a whole lot of partisian people who can't see what a bunch of hyprocrites they have become.

It's not like sexual moral failings are a republican or demorcat thing.....they sure happen to both sides of the aisle. The least we should do is treat both sides the same when they happen.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 AM

12,646 posts, read 13,894,201 times
"I wanted to do something exotic," he told the State newspaper Wednesday morning upon his return from Argentina.
Source

Hmm....

Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,095,644 times
Be the smart thing to do.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,512,504 times
For a group of people who like to call OTHER people cowards it's amazing the lack of backbone the RIGHTIES/REPUBS/Neocons have on this issue ....just can't face it! Can't address it!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:45 PM

3,553 posts, read 6,927,098 times
jasper wrote;
Quote:
It's not like sexual moral failings are a republican or demorcat thing.....they sure happen to both sides of the aisle. The least we should do is treat both sides the same when they happen.
You're absolutely correct. The big difference is that the Republicans have been shouting at us for years that they are the "family and moral values" party. In fact Sanford was a "floor leader" during Clinton's impeachment and I'm pretty sure he's on youtube moralizing about Clinton.

Let's see who some of these moral leaders are;

Newt (eating ain't cheating) Gingrich. Led the charge against Clinton while he was having an affair.

Joe (Morning Joe) Scarborough. Resigned from his "dead certain to retain as long as he wanted it" Congressional seat amid "way too many" stories about his own affairs to, "spend more time with my children". Spent a lot of this week taking his fellow MSNBC hosts to tasks for keeping the spotlight on Governor Mark Sanford. Although he often talks about Gary Condit being a murderer.

Larry (wide stance) Craig. Often referred to Clinton as a "naughty, naughty boy".

Mark (hitting on interns) Foley. Aided and abetted in his activities by Denny Hastert, Speaker and NRCC chairman Tom Reynolds. Both were aware that he had been doing this for years.

golfgod

Old 06-27-2009, 08:32 PM

3,092 posts, read 3,443,572 times
Republicans ARE calling for his resignation, but then you knew that already. I wish somebody would call for family and moral values--be it Democrats and/or Republicans. Top political leaders of both parties are falling, devastating their families and causing our country's leaders to take their eyes off the most important tasks at hand. Edwards said it was the power; Sanford likens himself to King David . . . . I wish these politicans would get over themselves, do their jobs and stop harming their families and US citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

You're absolutely correct. The big difference is that the Republicans have been shouting at us for years that they are the "family and moral values" party. In fact Sanford was a "floor leader" during Clinton's impeachment and I'm pretty sure he's on youtube moralizing about Clinton.

Let's see who some of these moral leaders are;

Newt (eating ain't cheating) Gingrich. Led the charge against Clinton while he was having an affair.

Joe (Morning Joe) Scarborough. Resigned from his "dead certain to retain as long as he wanted it" Congressional seat amid "way too many" stories about his own affairs to, "spend more time with my children". Spent a lot of this week taking his fellow MSNBC hosts to tasks for keeping the spotlight on Governor Mark Sanford. Although he often talks about Gary Condit being a murderer.

Larry (wide stance) Craig. Often referred to Clinton as a "naughty, naughty boy".

Mark (hitting on interns) Foley. Aided and abetted in his activities by Denny Hastert, Speaker and NRCC chairman Tom Reynolds. Both were aware that he had been doing this for years.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies