Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well of course its only 3.5 years away, all hope is lost!
There is a good chance that he won't be around then unless he has a Birth Certificate and some records from colleges that prove he was enrolled as Barack Obama and not Barry Soetoro.

Lately two different judges have gone along with the "Birfers" (I am one of those dumbies) and it doesn't really look good for the other guys unless they can come up with a Certificate that is long form and real.

It turns out that one of the judges realizes that the White House refused to take the legal order that Taitz's representative tried to serve on January 20 and the Obama people will have to answer to that refusal of a court order.

Oh, I forgot, Democrats say that a President (Bush) is not above the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
In 1994, Carville writes, "things were a lot like they are today. A young, exciting president. Big majorities in Congress. We figured we'd have plenty of time to build the America we wanted. You know what happened next. Fifty-four new Republicans elected in the House. Eight new Republicans elected in the Senate. Our moment of opportunity had passed.

"Republicans are hoping 2010 is the new 1994. But heck, they don't need eight new senators. If they gain just one or two, it's going to be that much easier for them to scuttle vital legislation."

I've been saying this for 5 months. Now your Top Daddy Dog strategist is saying it. I couldn't be laughing any harder right now. The electoral clock is ticking. But you libs go ahead and laugh it off. The laugh will be on you soon enough.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
I just think the Republican party has had too many distasteful showings condensed into too short of a timespan in recent history to make any serious comeback in 2010. That seriously like a year from now and the republican gaffes and embarassments just keep on coming up to this very week. Governor of South Carolina Mark Sanford anyone?

A year before Obama was elected he was one of a crowd, not even a favorite. In politics a year is a life time. If unemployment is still 10%. The mood of the country will change decidedly. Today Buffett said the economy was in shambles. Not encouraging.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There AREN'T any contents of the article. It's about a freaking fundraising letter. The whole point of a fundraising letter is to report all the bad things that might happen unless people dig deep and send in say $50 right now, even if you have to make up stuff to do it. If the Senate were 100-0 and the Republicans were unable to find anyone who was willing to run for the seats up for election under their banner (not really such a stretch of the imagination these days), Democratic fundraisers would still be warning of the awful things that might happen if people didn't send in $50.

That this article exists at all is only testimony to the desperation of the right-wing and the same absolute lack of any journalistic standards whatsoever that NewsMax has consistently displayed since the day of its founding.
So, are you saying I souldn't sent $50?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
My my at least you read it. And to your point it was repeating the contents of a fund raising letter. A poster dismissed the story because it was reprinted by Newsmax as if that somehow diminishes its accuracy.
NewsMax is one of the most partisanly dishonest and least reponsible nodes on the disinformation media network. There is rarely if ever an article they publish that is NOT pure propaganda.

Quote:
Did Begala send the fund raising letter? Yes. Did Newsmax report on it? Yes. What's the problem?
Gross misrepresentation.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
A year before Obama was elected he was one of a crowd, not even a favorite.
Ooooo, & I just bet that burns your goat, don't it? BRRRRR!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I meant about making stuff up. The right-wing was on the upswing then. Construction of the disinformation media was almost complete, the "tax and spend liberal" label was being applied all over town, and the movement had an articulate, attractive, and energetic young leader to provide inspiration. Today, the right-wing lies in utter tatters and disgrace, their only messages are "tax cuts for the rich" and "no", and what's left of their leaders boils down to a shock-jock and a tabloid queen. Other than that, yeah, this is just like 1994.

Right here. Completing a move out of operations and into policy analysis. All of course related to things you wouldn't understand. And that's not necessarily an insult. Just to note that like some dives, the work has a high degree of difficulty.
Are you saying that "tax and spend" Democrats are all gone? Why I don't think you know about how hard Nasty Nancy and Dirty Harry are working to get cap and tax passed before they take off two weeks for their one day holiday. The damage by that one will have settled in by 2010 and I wonder how many people will be worried about that foolishness then.

You sound like the hippie lefty who told me once that he would have to read his treatise to me because I couldn't understand. My answer to him was "Boy if you wrote it I bet I can read every word of it".

Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ooooo, & I just bet that burns your goat, don't it? BRRRRR!!!

No why would it?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
NewsMax is one of the most partisanly dishonest and least reponsible nodes on the disinformation media network. There is rarely if ever an article they publish that is NOT pure propaganda.

Gross misrepresentation.
Of course it is partisan, it is no different than Huf Po.

It's not a misrepresentation its a fact!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think maybe you should do some studying. There are some Republicans doing research on just what you imply. Watch our for those flying pigs.
They'll discover how to turn lead into gold first...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies