Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 12:39 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
believe me.. you were more mortified than she was...
perception on the issue is important here...

And your experience with parenting is?

Old 06-28-2009, 03:02 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So one has to ask "why add to it"? Just because it does happen does that now mean everything is fair game? Heck, following many of the posts I've seen here so far why don't we just have a condom commercial showing two or three people (either male/female or male/male) getting it on and one rolls over, looks into the camera as he/she grabs a condom and exclaims how they feeeeel sooo gooooood when you put them on? We could run these commercials during sunday morning cartoons or during the dinner hour...

That's just it -- why 'ad' to it: which is what BK has done, albeit not so graphically.

As for the condom ad you suggest, well I do believe Calvin Klein has beat them to it:

Sexy Marketing: Calvin Klein Jeans drops a foursome orgy on NYC billboards
CNN Newsroom: Blog Archive - Calvin Klein Ad — Too Sexy, Too Much? « - Blogs from CNN.com
Calvin Klein Billboard Ad Features a Foursome, Too Sexy for NY? - Associated Content

Please note a comment on one of the links "Poor guy at the bottom, left alone to self pleasure."

Knowing where this 4 story ad is, I will make a point of not walking there with my youngest child during city outtings.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:03 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And your experience with parenting is?
while I do not have kids of my own.. I am a public school teacher...
and my sister who has two children 6 and 4 lives with me and my partner for 2 years now after her nasty divorce... so it's kind of a full house scenario...

Old 06-28-2009, 04:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
It's real - created for BK's Singapore market.
Well that explains things. We're not like those perverted, transgressive wild-eyed Singaporeans who see humor in things that a proper society takes seriously - like a Burger King ad.

Americans can now relax. They won't have to explain oral sex to their little girls. They can rest assured knowing that their girls will all have a chance to learn about oral sex from the boys at school - probably by the time they're 14 years old. And I hear that most of the boys will even give them free lessons.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 06-28-2009 at 05:01 PM..

Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They have my attention.
Bingo... BK's marketing team is genius.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
while I do not have kids of my own.. I am a public school teacher...
and my sister who has two children 6 and 4 lives with me and my partner for 2 years now after her nasty divorce... so it's kind of a full house scenario...

Well tell ya what then, get some of the news tapes from then, intersperse them like newsbreaks. Do this for a couple weeks and then answer the 6 year old's question. You may then get the idea.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Well tell ya what then, get some of the news tapes from then, intersperse them like newsbreaks. Do this for a couple weeks and then answer the 6 year old's question. You may then get the idea.
my sister's kids watch disney movies.. not tv... by their choice.. so its not an issue...

tell YOU what.. stop reaching to try and prove your point.. it's not working and only makes you seem illogical and unreasonable...
Thanks

Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
my sister's kids watch disney movies.. not tv... by their choice.. so its not an issue...

tell YOU what.. stop reaching to try and prove your point.. it's not working and only makes you seem illogical and unreasonable...
Thanks

So you have no response. If you're this immature in the classroom I wonder how you survive, my students would have you for lunch. Typical behavior for you, someone disagrees you decide to claim they're reaching and don't know what they're talking about.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
So you have no response. If you're this immature in the classroom I wonder how you survive, my students would have you for lunch. Typical behavior for you, someone disagrees you decide to claim they're reaching and don't know what they're talking about.
your kids wouldn't eat me for lunch lol.. .. they'd eat their lunch in the principals office actually or at their mom and dad's office.. I don't know how well you handle things in the classroom...but I don't tolerate disruptions, especially rude and innappropriate behavior or belittling of others opinions.. we have a great understanding on that issue...
perhaps you should grow up... and suck it up and quit whining...I actually answered your question with a very valid response.. you just didn't like it..
so you thought it wise to question my "experience with kids"... and it just so happened i have kids in my household and I'm a teacher...guess that kind of ruined your premis huh?
quit while you're ahead... and best of luck to you in the classroom.. sounds like you'll need it..

Old 06-29-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
your kids wouldn't eat me for lunch lol.. .. they'd eat their lunch in the principals office actually or at their mom and dad's office.. I don't know how well you handle things in the classroom...but I don't tolerate disruptions, especially rude and innappropriate behavior or belittling of others opinions.. we have a great understanding on that issue...
perhaps you should grow up... and suck it up and quit whining...I actually answered your question with a very valid response.. you just didn't like it..
so you thought it wise to question my "experience with kids"... and it just so happened i have kids in my household and I'm a teacher...guess that kind of ruined your premis huh?
quit while you're ahead... and best of luck to you in the classroom.. sounds like you'll need it..

Another typical response from you no, response so let's do some insults. Of course, anyone that disagrees with you is being rude and inappropriate so I would imagine you send a lot of kids to the office if you're in high school and teach a Social Science and are trying to teach them to think. As far as "whining" goes you're way better at it than I am, of course that comes with maturity, you'll get there. Have another experiment for you since my last one was "reaching", offer to teach your sister's kid, who you have no legal responsibility for, about oral sex. Watch the "Mom look".
Have to go to a meeting n risk management. Have an outstanding day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies