U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2009, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,800 posts, read 29,000,265 times
Reputation: 7377

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Never understand the liberal mindset on this issue (or any other issue). If we all had firearms, things like this wouldn't happen.

(6) on the afternoon of May 10, 2007, Blair Holt, a junior at Julian High School in Chicago, was killed on a public bus riding home from school when he used his body to shield a girl who was in the line of fire after a young man boarded the bus and started shooting

Do they think someone who is deranged enough to jump on a school bus and start shooting will cancel their plans because they don't have the proper permit? Why didn't that bus driver have a gun? It should be a requirement for the job.

Legal or not, if people want guns they will find them -- just like they do now and with drugs. Laws are for the law-abiding, criminals don't care. That's just who is going to have guns if our 2nd amendment right is denied us.

Look at Carolyn Mccarthy -- the woman was voted into office because her husband was shot and killed, and her son injured, by Colin Ferguson during the LIRR Massacre in 1993. Her grief is certainly justifiable, Ferguson's actions clearly criminal, but for the populace to vote her in out of sympathy and her call to ban arms?

Nanny State -- it's what's for breakfast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 AM
 
Location: North America
19,635 posts, read 12,392,376 times
Reputation: 8282
Aint gonna happen.

Move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,183 posts, read 17,510,541 times
Reputation: 15388
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
never happen. it would start a civil war, and that's not blood democrat or republicans want on their hands.

You're probably right, but the scary thing is that there are elected representatives that have so little respect for the citizens and the constitution that it would even be proposed. After all, it's not unheard of for bills to be signed without meaningful debate, and without even being read now is it? Scumbags like those that are introducing this kind of legislation need to be voted out of office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,308,734 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Legal or not, if people want guns they will find them -- just like they do now and with drugs. Laws are for the law-abiding, criminals don't care. That's just who is going to have guns if our 2nd amendment right is denied us.

Look at Carolyn Mccarthy -- the woman was voted into office because her husband was shot and killed, and her son injured, by Colin Ferguson during the LIRR Massacre in 1993. Her grief is certainly justifiable, Ferguson's actions clearly criminal, but for the populace to vote her in out of sympathy and her call to ban arms?

Nanny State -- it's what's for breakfast.
These people who think they will accomplish something by passing a "bill" that bans gun sales are just not paying attention. Drugs are illegal how is that battle going? Alcohol was made illegal. How did those prohibition years go? It costs more lives and tax payer dollars to ban something, enforce the ban , capture and punish the criminals then it does to legalize and regulate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
 
Location: wichita
271 posts, read 202,764 times
Reputation: 132
Don't we have more to worry about than myth about they are coming to take away our guns? Ever wonder why when there is important legislation that could help people in need like health care there suddenly is all this hooplaphobia about government taking away our guns or what ever red herring it is that the right throws out to pull the no so smart dogs off the trail? You need to look past the box my friend. You are only seeing what the manipulators want you to see. If health care goes through the Drs who take kick backs and drug companies that make millions from dying people will not be so profitable. Do you think they are just going to sit back and see the golden goose get slaughtered? Throw out "they are coming for our guns" and half the NASCAR red necks will be rolling on the ground getting their 88 shirts all grass stained. Think out side the box and you may see what government does not want you to see. And it ain't Dale Earnhardt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Don't we have more to worry about than myth about they are coming to take away our guns? Ever wonder why when there is important legislation that could help people in need like health care there suddenly is all this hooplaphobia about government taking away our guns or what ever red herring it is that the right throws out to pull the no so smart dogs off the trail? You need to look past the box my friend. You are only seeing what the manipulators want you to see. If health care goes through the Drs who take kick backs and drug companies that make millions from dying people will not be so profitable. Do you think they are just going to sit back and see the golden goose get slaughtered? Throw out "they are coming for our guns" and half the NASCAR red necks will be rolling on the ground getting their 88 shirts all grass stained. Think out side the box and you may see what government does not want you to see. And it ain't Dale Earnhardt.
All I can say in answer to your post is BOHICA.

YEP BEND OVER HERE IT COMES AGAIN. Please don't cry when they pass those laws and start coming after the guns. It will be too late then and the people will have to start shooting in order to save their gun rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 8 days ago)
 
18,808 posts, read 12,121,836 times
Reputation: 10239
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Don't we have more to worry about than myth about they are coming to take away our guns? Ever wonder why when there is important legislation that could help people in need like health care there suddenly is all this hooplaphobia about government taking away our guns or what ever red herring it is that the right throws out to pull the no so smart dogs off the trail? You need to look past the box my friend. You are only seeing what the manipulators want you to see. If health care goes through the Drs who take kick backs and drug companies that make millions from dying people will not be so profitable. Do you think they are just going to sit back and see the golden goose get slaughtered? Throw out "they are coming for our guns" and half the NASCAR red necks will be rolling on the ground getting their 88 shirts all grass stained. Think out side the box and you may see what government does not want you to see. And it ain't Dale Earnhardt.

Yes, this is all clearly a conspiracy by the medical establishment to draw attention away from healthcare. We thought that 9/11 and the financial market meltdown would do the trick, but obviously it was not enough. It is hard for the medical community to pull the wool over people's eyes anymore when you have guys like Talbet on the job. Keep im mind that Dr. Evil was a doctor also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 8 days ago)
 
18,808 posts, read 12,121,836 times
Reputation: 10239
And we would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you darn kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
 
Location: wichita
271 posts, read 202,764 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, this is all clearly a conspiracy by the medical establishment to draw attention away from healthcare. We thought that 9/11 and the financial market meltdown would do the trick, but obviously it was not enough. It is hard for the medical community to pull the wool over people's eyes anymore when you have guys like Talbet on the job. Keep im mind that Dr. Evil was a doctor also.
Now that all the medical organizations are on board with Obama we may see a good medical bill on his desk. Then we can end the kick backs that these crooked Drs get from the pharmaceutical companies. Drs are some of the crookedest people I have ever known. I personally know many who get kickbacks if they prescribe drugs that are not best for the patient but best for the pocket of the Dr. Ain’t that America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
4,937 posts, read 5,227,356 times
Reputation: 6177
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Now that all the medical organizations are on board with Obama we may see a good medical bill on his desk. Then we can end the kick backs that these crooked Drs get from the pharmaceutical companies. Drs are some of the crookedest people I have ever known. I personally know many who get kickbacks if they prescribe drugs that are not best for the patient but best for the pocket of the Dr. Ain’t that America.
Another baseless blanket statement. Who will take care of you when you're sick or injured?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top