Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:15 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,941,832 times

Advertisements

Booker Rising: L.E. IKENGA COMMENTARY: Obama, The African Colonial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:29 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
I was not going to click on the link at first but something told me to.
Lets look at it segment by segment:

1. Convince the people that 'clinging' to any aspect of their cultural (tribal) identity or history is bad and regresses the process of 'unity'. British Imperialists deeply feared people who were loyal to anything other than the state. 'Tribalism' made the imperialists have to work harder to get people to just fall in line. Imperialists pitted tribes against each other in order to create chaos that they then blamed on ethnic rivalry. Today many 'educated' Nigerians, having believed that their traditions were irrelevant, remain completely ignorant of their ancestry and the history of their own tribes.
This one does not apply. I do not see any evidence of Obama telling us to ignore our cultural backgrounds.

2. Confiscate the wealth and resources of the area that you govern by any means necessary in order to redistribute wealth. The British used this tactic to present themselves as empathetic and benevolent leaders who wanted everyone to have a 'fair shake'. Imperialists are not interested in equality for all. They are interested in controlling all. This is obvious as it came right from the great one’s mouth on the campaign trail. Barack Obama is on a mission to have federal Government take as much as possible from the wealthy.

3. Convince the masses that your upper-crust university education naturally puts you on an intellectual plane from which to understand everything even when you understand nothing. Imperialists were able to convince the people that their elite university educations allowed them to understand what Africa needed. Many of today's Nigerians - having followed that lead - hold all sorts of degrees and certificates-but what good are they if you can't find a job? How many times do we have to here about him being a “Constitutional” lawyer from Harvard. It is not so much right from him but from his pals in the media.

4. Lie to the people and tell them that progress is being made even though things are clearly becoming worse. One thing that the British forgot to mention to their Nigerian constituents was that one day, the resources that were being used to engineer 'progress' (which the British had confiscated from the Africans to begin with!) would eventually run out. After WWII, Western Europe could no longer afford to hold on to their African colonies. So all of the counterfeit countries that the Europeans created were then left high-and-dry to fend for themselves. This was the main reason behind the African independence movements of the1950 and 60's. What will a post-Obama America look like?

5. Use every available media outlet to perpetuate the belief that you and your followers are the enlightened ones - and that those who refuse to support you are just barbaric, uncivilized, ignorant curmudgeons. This speaks for itself.

When is Obama’s infomercial? We need to be informed by the Great one! He knows everything!

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rilets265.html

Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,803 times
I think this letter has merit - Obama has slighted Britain recently when he ignored prime minister Gordon Brown on his last trip. He also declined to meet Sarkozy and his new wife for dinner.
Obama had a communist as a mentor when he was growing up, and has read Saul Alinksy's Rules For Radicals. In any case, what he is doing to our country is a disaster. Europe and China don't want to recognize the dollar any more as currency, since Obama's stimulus bill is putting us in deep debt. People are not going to like the effects of Cap and Trade bill when they get their gas and electric bill, (Austrailia is now questioning man made global warming theory) and universal health care will wreck our health care system and we will have long waits for care and will be denied care if the health board deems the service too expensive. Look at what has happened in Canada and England.
Obama wants control- that is why he has nationlized GM and Chrysler and Citi Bank- more is coming!

Old 06-26-2009, 12:03 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I was not going to click on the link at first but something told me to.
Lets look at it segment by segment: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rilets265.html
That's pretty scary.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
clean..I agree with all but one of your points in red. The wealth being redistributed is also coming from the middle class as well as the wealthy. From all the proposals I've read about the poor get subsidized and the wealthy get taxed. I have not seen where anyone above poverty but below $250K is exempt. So far the middle class is being included in this "tax the wealthy" scheme.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
clean..I agree with all but one of your points in red. The wealth being redistributed is also coming from the middle class as well as the wealthy. From all the proposals I've read about the poor get subsidized and the wealthy get taxed. I have not seen where anyone above poverty but below $250K is exempt. So far the middle class is being included in this "tax the wealthy" scheme.
He is now at about $150,000 for exemption and it will be nearer $75,000 by the time the Bush tax cuts expire. I would say that he has already reeled in most of the middle class.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He is now at about $150,000 for exemption and it will be nearer $75,000 by the time the Bush tax cuts expire. I would say that he has already reeled in most of the middle class.
I have not seen one piece of legislation presented where this "tax above $250K" is spelled out. It's subsidize the poor and tax everyone else.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
I'm not really concerned about what some Nigerian nutcase has to say about Obama.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I'm not really concerned about what some Nigerian nutcase has to say about Obama.
How about a Fat Radio show talk host? You always seem interested in what he has to say about Obama. Perhaps this has more credibility then a fat radio talk show host?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
good point, he is going after everyone not receiving food stamps basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies